Which 1st round QB has the best rookie season?

Which 1st round QB has the best rookie season?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Best rookie season for 2024 first round QB?

• Caleb Williams
    • Jayden Daniels
    • Drake Maye
    • Michael Penix, Jr
    • JJ McCarthy
    • Bo Nix

I voted Daniels. Not because of bias but simply because I believe his experience will give him the upper hand in catching on quicker. That doesn't mean I think he ultimately ends up the best from this group as I still believe that will be Maye. 

• Like 1

It would be pretty shocking if it is not Caleb Williams.  He has the best WR core, OL and RB core.  Sure say Minnesota what about their OL and WRs, TEs and RBs but honestly I doubt JJ McCarthy starts much this season and if he does it is probably too early for him and he could struggle despite having good talent around him.

Posted (edited)
On 7/24/2024 at 3:32 PM, Ozzy said:

It would be pretty shocking if it is not Caleb Williams.  He has the best WR core, OL and RB core.  Sure say Minnesota what about their OL and WRs, TEs and RBs but honestly I doubt JJ McCarthy starts much this season and if he does it is probably too early for him and he could struggle despite having good talent around him.

McCarthy's best competition right now is Sam Darnold. I can't picture him being lower on the depth chart. Not unless he has a spectacularly awful training camp or preseason 

Edited by Football_Bachelor08

1 hour ago, Football_Bachelor08 said:

McCarthy's best competition right now is Sam Darnold. I can't picture him being lower on the depth chart. Not unless he has a spectacularly awful training camp or preseason 

Sure but I would be very surprised if McCarthy ends up starting more games than Darnold starts this year.  McCarthy just never had enough volume at Michigan and is honestly a very inexperienced passer and was not really relied on at Michigan either in terms of team leadership or actual play on the field.  All the games they were in were mostly blowouts outside of a few the past two years.

Of the last 6 games McCarthy played in college against their best competition this year, he threw for over 150 yards just one time out of those six and that was against Bama.  Again Penn State, Maryland, Ohio State, Iowa and Washington he was under 150 yards passing total for the game.

On 7/27/2024 at 8:10 AM, El Ramster said:

I think drake maye is going to shock people. Dude is legit. 

Just sucks he's on such a terrible roster with a head coach I have zero confidence in.

• Like 1

Caleb.  Not picking him because he's on my team, but looking at it objectively he has two stud receivers; a proven tight end; a high level pass catching back and a highly touted rookie wideout. 

And unlike his predecessor Williams has an experienced OC who helped resurrect a journeyman QB's career.  So Waldron has shown, at least once, he can get the most out of quarterback. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BeaReylo said:

Caleb.  Not picking him because he's on my team, but looking at it objectively he has two stud receivers; a proven tight end; a high level pass catching back and a highly touted rookie wideout. 

And unlike his predecessor Williams has an experienced OC who helped resurrect a journeyman QB's career.  So Waldron has shown, at least once, he can get the most out of quarterback. 

It was actually proven that it wasn’t Waldron. But it was Dave Canales who helped and boost Geno up. So you’re wrong there pal.