Jordan Love extended (4 years, $220M, $75M SB, $155M GTD)

32 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Spotrac has the Packers at $29.2M in cap space, and OTC has the Packers at $30.4M.  Assuming the Packers didn't touch his 2024 base salary in any way (and nothing suggests they did), the Packers would add an additional $15M in cap hit for the 2024 season.

And to add to this, the Packers usually want about ~$10M going into the season for rollover/in-season moves.  The Packers could add an additional $10M onto his 2024 cap hit to lower future cap hits but that doesn't seem likely.

23 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

This franchise is as well positioned currently as they've ever been. Two closest comparing moments would be adding White to Fave and Woodson to Rodgers. These recent drafts, the McKinney signing, and bringing in a new defensive scheme are right on par. The time to strike is this season and next

Those are lofty comparisons with two absolute iconic HOFers on defense. I don’t believe we have anyone that meets that very high bar but I do believe there is potential for the defensive unit as a whole to be great.

We’ve got a young, talented team. Huge potential to have a very strong defense. Oh yeah, and we’ve got our f’ing quarterback!!!  

1 minute ago, Gravedigger93 said:

I hope it was a mistake, but if it wasn't, I'm OK as well. Those numbers are just insane.

What did you think those numbers were going to look like? He was not going to get less per year than Lawrence. 

20 minutes ago, StatKing said:

Is 4 Gutes magic number or something? Has he ever extended somebody past 4 years?

It's an extension not a new contract. In reality it's 5 years. 

Edited by St Vince

30 minutes ago, StatKing said:

Is 4 Gutes magic number or something? Has he ever extended somebody past 4 years?

I think it was probably Love who insisted on no more than a 4 year extension.

I'm thinking Tua's contract had more influence than Lawrence's. Tua's had better TD numbers and more passing yards in the last two years compared to that of TLaw's and the Dolphins have a far brighter immediate future than the Jags. I'm hoping we can re-address an extension in year 3 where we can create a more cap friendly number to lure a piece or two in which to be a perennial contender. We all know we're not quite there yet despite the talent and unity this team has shown over the last 18 months.

2 hours ago, CWood21 said:

NOTE: This is purely speculation, but it wouldn't surprise me if this was the way the contract was structured.  My guess is they could front load a contract even more if they wanted.  Numbers are rounded for simplicity's sake.

Jordan Love - 4 years, $220M, $75M signing bonus, $155M GTD
2024: $10.5M base salary, $16.8M signing bonus, $0.5M workout bonus = $27.8M cap hit
2025: $31.5M base salary (GTD), $16.8M signing bonus, $0.5M workout bonus = $48.8M cap hit
2026: $34.2M base salary (GTD), $16.8M signing bonus, $0.5M workout bonus = $51.4M cap hit
2027: $37.1M base salary (partially GTD), $16.8M signing bonus, $0.5M workout bonus = $54.3M cap hit
2028: $40.2M base salary, $15M signing bonus, $0.5M workout bonus = $55.7M cap hit

I'm hoping something like this as it gives flexibility for future years:

2024: $11M base salary, $16.76M signing bonus, $0.5M workout bonus = $28.26M cap hit
2025: $19M base salary (GTD), $16.76M signing bonus, $30M Roster Bonus, $0.5M workout bonus, $1.25M per game bonuses = $67.51M cap hit
2026: $20M base salary (GTD), $16.76M signing bonus, $0.5M workout bonus, $1.25M per game bonuses = $38.51M cap hit
2027: $25M base salary (partially GTD), $16.76M signing bonus, $0.5M workout bonus, $1.25M per game bonuses = $43.51M cap hit
2028: $28.5M base salary, $15M signing bonus, $0.5M workout bonus, $1.25M per game bonuses = $45.25M cap hit