2024 Commanders Transaction/Roster Move Tracker

Just now, THESKINSFAN21 said:

It doesn't mention us 🧐

True....

But how many teams in the NFC, who are making a Playoff push, need the help at WR, have the picks & caps space to make this deal?

2....3?

It's a fact, we had interest in Brandon Aiyuk.

49ers were just asking for too much, so we walked away.

So, if it's not Washington? I would love to know who it is.

1 hour ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Again, the third we got for Dotson is fine.  That’s a free pick this point.  But I’m not giving up more than that.  

I also stand by this team is more likely to subtract than to add.  

Yeah we don’t need a wr crying tat he wants the balls for his stats love how we’re run game heavy 

1 hour ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Again, the third we got for Dotson is fine.  That’s a free pick this point.  But I’m not giving up more than that.  

I also stand by this team is more likely to subtract than to add.  

It’s not fine though. We don’t need Adams at all. 

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

It’s not fine though. We don’t need Adams at all. 

It was more of an in general comment.  I mean, I won’t be waiting at Ashburn with pitchforks if we trade that third for him, but I think if they want to compete, it would be spent better on the secondary.  

And again, I still think we subtract than add.  

• Like 2

Sometimes the best Defense, is an Elite offense.

There's no trade for Defensive player, that's going to shut down all the opponents WR's, stop the team from averaging 6 yards per carry & cause enough turnovers to make a difference.

But adding Devonte Adams next to Scary Terry, with Noah Brown, McCaffrey, our TE's &  Running game & JD?

That's an unstoppable force.

And what happens if we lose Terry, get injuries at the wr position?

All that pressure for JD, to do everything?

Nah...man.

Strike while the iron is hot 🔥.

2 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

True....

But how many teams in the NFC, who are making a Playoff push, need the help at WR, have the picks & caps space to make this deal?

2....3?

It's a fact, we had interest in Brandon Aiyuk.

49ers were just asking for too much, so we walked away.

So, if it's not Washington? I would love to know who it is.

Is it a fact? Did we ever officially see we were in on Aiyuk? Outside of maybe calling and just seeing what the asking price was (which I’m sure half the league did)

2 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

For those that don't believe we have interest?

Here you go. It could be us. It's us or the Saints, imo. Legit source, too.

Saints, Cowboys, Cardinals, Falcons, Panthers, Lions, honestly I could see them all. 

And I actually usually take Josina with a grain of salt

4 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

Sometimes the best Defense, is an Elite offense.

There's no trade for Defensive player, that's going to shut down all the opponents WR's, stop the team from averaging 6 yards per carry & cause enough turnovers to make a difference.

But adding Devonte Adams next to Scary Terry, with Noah Brown, McCaffrey, our TE's &  Running game & JD?

That's an unstoppable force.

And what happens if we lose Terry, get injuries at the wr position?

All that pressure for JD, to do everything?

Nah...man.

Strike while the iron is hot 🔥.

We are a run heavy team and only so many balls go around 

Edited by Vladimir L

Been think about this and I just don't see it making sense.  The Raiders gave up a 1st + 2nd to get him and spent a pile of cap space and got nothing out of it.

Big WR trades rarely work especially ones that require >30 Million a year for >30 year old players. 

I like Adams, but sespite the amazingness of what we are all seeing, I still don't think we are winning a super bowl in the next 2 seasons. 

I just want to say that, I don't really care one way or the other, if we make a trade for D. Adams.

I like what we're building right now. The teams confidence & cohesiveness has really inspired confidence in me with the team, as a fan.

Having said that?

I could totally understand why Peters would make a move at this point in the season.

I'm not too thrilled either, at trading away draft assets to land any player. 

Specially, one on the wrong side of 30+. Plus, investing cap space into a player at that age as well.

When we have several needs on Defense, we will need to address very soon.

But if Quinn & Peters believe in the player of D. Adams & his abilities to help Jayden Daniels progress & give our team a shot at the Division Title, Playoffs & possibly more.

I'll support their decision either way.

I think any trades need to be for defensive players. I'd be curious to see if we could talk the Cardinals in to trading us Budda Baker. 

I like Davante Adams, but I don't think this offense needs him to be successful and we have shown it. 

Another name to consider for a trade would be Jaycee Horn from Carolina maybe. 

• Like 1