Potential Aiyuk Trade Talk

19 minutes ago, warfelg said:

https://x.com/blitz_burgh/status/1823029297570820326?s=46&t=xd5QJpZuXv2k7qD0xqd6aA

49ers have asked the Steelers if they were willing to trade either Minkah Fitzpatrick, Pat Freiermuth, or George Pickens along with a second or third rounder for Brandon Aiyuk

I think the only one I would offer is Freiermuth, but he would also hold the least value to the 49ers I would think also.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, warfelg said:

https://x.com/blitz_burgh/status/1823029297570820326?s=46&t=xd5QJpZuXv2k7qD0xqd6aA

49ers have asked the Steelers if they were willing to trade either Minkah Fitzpatrick, Pat Freiermuth, or George Pickens along with a second or third rounder for Brandon Aiyuk

I would consider Pickens IF we had ANYTHING else at WR.

Minkah is off the table.

Pat could go, but they have Kittle.

Take Dan Moore....please.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, warfelg said:

Thats a joke. If that was the case they'd be sending us draft picks in most of those cases based on age, contracts and abilities. 

I've been ready for this to be done for a while.  Just trade him or move on. It seems like they are trying to drag this out to the end and see who blinks first.  I would love to have Aiyuk, but not at the expense of weakening other positions. 

"Throw in two sandwiches from Primanti Brothers and a Battleship Destroyer from the Triangle Grill and he's yours! maxresdefault.jpg

"You want to pick these up yourself or do you want me to send them Doordash? "

1543-28176-original.jpeg

"This is some Bull*&^! They're just stalling! Rescue me Bonus Dad!"

5dccb-17109027392443-1920.jpg

As soon as I get back from thr Triangle with that Battleship!

e921240097669773013f5af66307c899.jpg

So here’s the stalemate:

- Niners gave Aiyuk permission to talk to other teams. 

-He wants to come here and if traded here he has the paperwork for a $28mm AAV deal. 

-We’ve offered 2025 2nd, 2026 3rd

- Niners want 2025 2nd and 3rd or in place of the third they want Freiermuth or Nick Herbig. They would also do Fitzpatrick and a pick (obviously no traction there).

- Niners are firm at $26mm AAV to Aiyuk, he wants $30mm from them to match tax salary with us. 

- And the extra one is Muth and Heyward deals are waiting on this Aiyuk situation to settle one way or the other. 

40 minutes ago, warfelg said:

So here’s the stalemate:

-He wants to come here and if traded here he has the paperwork for a $28mm AAV deal. 

- Niners want 2025 2nd and 3rd or in place of the third they want Freiermuth or Nick Herbig. They would also do Fitzpatrick and a pick (obviously no traction there).

- Niners are firm at $26mm AAV to Aiyuk, he wants $30mm from them to match tax salary with us. 

- And the extra one is Muth and Heyward deals are waiting on this Aiyuk situation to settle one way or the other. 

I think what we offered is what is going to happen. SF is in a position right now, that imo, is unfavorable to them. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, warfelg said:

So here’s the stalemate:

The only one of those players options that make any sense is Muth because his deal is up and we have Tight ends to utilize. Despite what all is being suggested about Muth in this offense the reality is the TEs will likely split up those "extra" TE targets one way or another and I doubt Muth ultimately sees much of a net increase.  Not to mention that good TE receiver options are becoming more prevalent and Colston Loveland for one is going to be an extremely intersting option for the entire league in next years draft. 

Kick rocks on Herbig or Minkah. 

the 25' 2nd and 26' 3rd is alright mostly because we'd probably have to use a 2nd next year on some receiver type to get a good one. The third, um dont love it, but its a premium to get the deal done. I would not by any means give up both next year, not to mention our tough schedule and even with getting Aiyuk its still extremely possible that the team barely gets over the .500 hump and in that case would be picking top 15.

Edited by JustPlainNasty

I’d probably give a third, Highsmith, and Moore. Not even sure if I want Aiyuk for the picks and salary being mentioned. Perhaps the Steelers should just tell them that they are moving on at this point, like when I walk out of the car dealership and they call me back a few days later. Let the 49ers just figure out how to maximize their window and deal with the cap. Or they can bend the knee…

7 hours ago, warfelg said:

or Nick Herbig

Done, welcome to the team Brandon Aiyuk. 

(I can’t believe we would be saying no to this trade because of a depth player that had no path to a contract after his rookie deal). 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

Done, welcome to the team Brandon Aiyuk. 

(I can’t believe we would be saying no to this trade because of a depth player that had no path to a contract after his rookie deal). 

I doubt Herbig would have the type of value they are assuming, in the non-factual implication that the 49ers want him. At least Highsmith has more established value, but where would either of them play in the 9ers scheme and given their current depth chart? Neither Highsmith nor Herbig are Chad Brown, for example.