2024 Fantasy Football General Discussion

NYRaider

23 minutes ago, Forge said:

Pretty easy drop of Christian Watson for me. 

I'd also roll with Geno out of those options, though I don't hate a darnold add, though less bullish on this week. Don't like  Rodgers matchup this week. 

I forgot there is also Carr but he faces Dallas this weekend.

It sucks dropping Watson as he is kinda a TD machine but I get it. Especially with no Love.

On 9/9/2024 at 10:19 AM, RaidersAreOne said:

Are you guys falling for the Likely hype? I have Pitts who is fools gold himself. What FAAB % would you be willing to spend on him?

Likely will have use, but consistency is going to be the issue in my estimation.  The Chiefs and Spags clearly came into the Thursday night game with a plan of taking Andrews away and they had him bracketed virtually every snap he took where was further downfield than a couple yards.

That's not going to happen every week.

My concern for Pitts is now largely centered on Cousins - who very clearly wasn't planting on repaired Achilles.  So really where this affects Pitts the most is his ceiling for me; he still has a decent floor (even a solid floor considering his history as Kyle Pitts, but his proper usage is actually improved now), I just think that if this is the Cousins we're going to see moving forward, Pitts doesn't have the ability to be special and moreso just average... so basically... Evan Engram?

9 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I lost Love and have no backup. I'm in a 12 team, short bench league where most teams have x2 QBs (Playing with friends and our S/Os):

• Love
  • Hall, Pacheco, Conner, Bigsby, Irving
  • Olave, Cooper, Mclaurin, Lazard, Watson
  • Bowers

I literally just picked up Bigsby, Irving and Lazard on WW this morning (for free) but obviously I need to make a move for a QB.

Best available QBs:

• Rodgers
  • Geno
  • Darnold
  • Watson
  • Cousins

Who would you drop and add at QB?

how is your matchup projected to go?   are you favored or an underdog?

I would consider adding Rodgers and doing a 1 week stack with Rodgers and Lazard

3 hours ago, Tyronnosaurus said:

One more. Amari Cooper or Brian Thomas Jr.? I don’t think Cleveland offense is THAT BAD. But Watson worries the hell out of me.

I'm not in love with Brian Thomas against the Cleveland defense. 

I think I'd probably go Cooper. 

1 hour ago, renndawg37 said:

Soooo...my top three picks in my superflex league (McCaffrey, Puka, and Tua) are all on IR (Tua not technically yet but very likely). So that's fun. 

I don't know why I do this to myself every year. I actually hate fantasy football lol.

That’s pretty amazing luck.  Are there any hopes for you to tread water with the rest of your team? 

49 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

That’s pretty amazing luck.  Are there any hopes for you to tread water with the rest of your team? 

I grabbed Mason, so that should help offset the CMC loss pretty well. I picked up Justin Fields, but he's likely to lose his starting job week 3 when Russ is back. I also have Trevor Lawrence and Bo Nix (superflex league so most people start 2 QBs). My receivers without Puka are pretty bad...I have Pittman, Ridley, Jameson Williams and just grabbed Wan'dale Robinson. 

Going to have to swing a trade of some kind. 

League scoring for week 2: 

Guess which one I was and guess who I played lol

Josh Jacobs td called back. Fields had a 50 yard reception called back, a td called back, and a 9 yard pass to Calvin Austin called back (important given how many yards he had). Rashee rice had a 26 yard catch called back in teh last minute of his game, only to get a dpi the next play and put the Chiefs in position to win anyway.