Commanders trade Jahan Dotson to Eagles

MikeT14

1 minute ago, chiefs82 said:

Gotta be for BA?

Nah. Would be surprised if Aiyuk is moved. Think Washington is just moving on. I saw something come across my feed a couple of days talking about not being surprised if Dotson wasn't on the roster to start the season. 

Think things had just gone south

I could be wrong but I don't think Moore is going to force Dotson into playing Slot. Kellen typically puts his best WR Lamb / Allen in the slot to create mismatches. Have them covered by SCB.

Eagle fans have assumed all summer both AJ and Smitty will be getting plenty of snaps inside out of the slot. So playing Dotson outside actually makes sense.

Guess we'll see? I'm going to assume he's better then Ross/Ngata/Smith/Cambell/Harris

So in theory this should be an upgrade 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Nabbs4u

44 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

I mean hard to not like the upside of this move. I don't think he ever hits his ceiling that people thought he had in the draft, but he was surrounded by a talentless roster in Washington with a bad coaching staff. At least in Philly he will be surrounded by a ton of talent when he gets on the field. We needed to add another WR so this hits a need and for the price I think it is worth the gamble. Just be better than Quez please 🙏

I mean, there was Terry McLaurin and Curtis Samuel on the roster with him. Its not like teams could just zone in on him and shut him down. He just wasn't very good. 

1 hour ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

The one thing I've learned over the years is that if a team is willing to trade you to a division rival, you clearly ain't that guy.

True but 1 organization has been nothing but dysfunctional and the other has been the complete opposite....

• Like 2

Just now, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

True but 1 organization has been nothing but dysfunctional and the other has been the complete opposite....

Which would be true had anyone from that dysfunctional organization still been in the building. Maybe this group ends up the same way but including this regime in that is kinda silly. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I thought the same thing...not that Dotson really would prevent that either way

I'd argue that Dotson would have more appeal to the niners than a random additional mid round pick, to be honest. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Forge said:

this tells me is that Washington is pretty bullish on Luke McCaffrey. Dotson wasn't full time slot, but > 40% of the time was lined up there. 

Brown may have the edge on the outside opposite mclaurin, I guess

Yeah.  I have a feeling that Luke McCaffery is going to be a steal in fantasy football this year.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Which would be true had anyone from that dysfunctional organization still been in the building. Maybe this group ends up the same way but including this regime in that is kinda silly. 

As a fan of a dysfunctional organization...just because you throw out the trash doesnt mean the house doesnt still stink for a while 

• Like 2

Just now, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Maybe but they did just draft Pearsall

He's already been hurt 3 times. Hasn't played in a game and had only been able to practice a few times. May open the season on IR. 

That pick looks like a bust for year 1

• Like 1