The official Watson is WASHED, I told you so thread

MWil23

0-11 on third down

3.4 Yards per play (up from 3.25 YPP)

Under 300 yards total for every game this season.

Under 20 points every game this season.

7 sacks taken

Ill let you guys grade him this week 

Vince Mcmahon Laughing GIF by WWE

• Like 4

I knew who he was as a person years ago, but I made my determination of him as a player during the Steelers game last year. It was evident this guy was checked out, could not read a defense, and did not have any levels of NFL quarterback processing. I’m talking not even back up caliber ability. Clean pocket, delivering the ball, the guy is just fine if it comes to just plain throwing the ball on air. But that’s a very small part of being a quarterback, and clearly this guy does not have what it takes to be successful and that was obvious a year ago. It’s more clear now that everyone is seeing more of a body of work but nothing I have seen this year is surprising and it’s infuriating that we let Joe Flacco go as the sacrificial lamb to Watsons fragility. And it’s funny this guy wants freed; there is literally no other team in the NFL that would touch this guy at this point at any cost whatsoever, even if there was not a salary issue. He’s fortunate the Browns have their hands tied.

I hated the Watson move when it happened for human decency reasons, and hate it even more now for football reasons. I'd love real inside intel on how the move to acquire him came about. Was it truly a mutual Haslam, Berry, and Stefanski decision (in which case, yes, fire AB: in terms of roster moves, the buck stops with him). If it was Jimmy being Jimmy, Berry is a decent GM (excepting the Watson move, I'd give him a B-). God being a Browns fan sucks.

Edited by dawgdish
  • Like 1

3rd week in a row I haven’t made it through 3 quarters.

Second in a row I quit before the half.

I said to my kids today that I’ve seen some bad offenses in my life but none this disappointing.  

He should be benched, but at a minimum the “offense tailored to his strengths” has to go.  Stefanski can run a good scheme.  Either he runs that offense or someone else does imo.

Dude is cooked.

• Like 2

Crazy how for years Truckstop Jimmy used to fire coaches and GMs if he didn't like how his coffee tasted and now he won't cut bait with this piece of junk QB who is showing zero signs of having any promise whatsoever. Give the ball to Winston! 

1 minute ago, dawgattack said:

Crazy how for years Truckstop Jimmy used to fire coaches and GMs if he didn't like how his coffee tasted and now he won't cut bait with this piece of junk QB who is showing zero signs of having any promise whatsoever. Give the ball to Winston! 

That's because he is spending wayyyyyy more money on Watson than he was any of those coaches/GMs.

My worst fear is Haslam will fire Stefanski, hoping some other coach can get the best out of Watson. When that coach inevitably doesn't, we'll rebuild again while Stefanski gets another job and does great there.

• Like 2

I'm all for risks. 

Watson was a gamble. 

1. He is injury prone. 

2. Character- he quit on Houston. SA. 

3. High price 

Never liked it. Now I hate it. Couldn't believe it could be this bad.

@MWil23

I've only got like 1% hope he has anything left

He looks like in Space Jam when the Monstars stole the NBA players talents

It just looks like his total football awareness is gone

I also think theres a factor of the players dont want to play for him at this point

Maybe all bad drama has got to the team, but they are playing absolutely uninspired

I have no confidence they'll fix it  

• Like 1