The official Watson is WASHED, I told you so thread

MWil23

59 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Yeah, his injury obviously made things worse, but he was making some horrible reads and decisions his last year with us. Maybe the injury was messing with him mentally, who knows?

Happy for Baker, though. He certainly was/is easier to root for than Leroy/leshaun/dushbag.

Eh, I think it was more the staff making a point. It was the same crappy empty backfield long developing routes from 2019. The offense looked identical. It may have been what was needed for all parties. Put the QB in a position to fail, let him go elsewhere and go get your guy.

That guy just isn't what they thought they were getting.

12 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

He is also an abrasive personality. I tui k he needed to get over himself to some extent. 

Pretty sure he is the same guy. Still irritates those easily irritated. Success makes it less important. Heck, if we were doing great there would be very little talk about Watson's off the field stuff. People would just accept having a gross person leading their team. The important thing would be that he is doing great QB things in an entertainment industry.

• Like 1

I wonder if Watson & the Browns could come to a mutual agreement in that it's just not going to work in Cleveland and do a deferred contract for him to help ease the cap hit for the Browns and release him.  They can spread it out over 30 years and Watson would be guaranteed 3 million a year until he's 60.  I would think it's a win-win for both parties.

Just a thought.

Peace!!!

3 minutes ago, cortes02 said:

I wonder if Watson & the Browns could come to a mutual agreement in that it's just not going to work in Cleveland and do a deferred contract for him to help ease the cap hit for the Browns and release him.  They can spread it out over 30 years and Watson would be guaranteed 3 million a year until he's 60.  I would think it's a win-win for both parties.

Just a thought.

Peace!!!

I could be wrong, but I highly doubt the league would allow such a thing. Plus, why would Watson agree to that? Unless he's truly full of himself and thinks another team would give him a shot and pay him decent money. Roughly $100 million or so over the next few years is better than $3 million over the course of decades.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, DawgX said:

I could be wrong, but I highly doubt the league would allow such a thing. Plus, why would Watson agree to that? Unless he's truly full of himself and thinks another team would give him a shot and pay him decent money. Roughly $100 million or so over the next few years is better than $3 million over the course of decades.

Yeah I agree, I think they would have to be voided years which are owed when the contract expires. No Bobby Bonilla contract would be allowed.

• Like 1

I think this season has finally broke me. I might not have watched every Browns game over the last 10 years, but I have never deliberately chosen not to watch the Browns when I had the opportunity to. Even during the 2016-2017 days, I was excited to see us tank for high picks knowing we could turn this thing around one day, maybe even next season.

Today was that day. Last week I turned the TV before half in a fuming rage. Today, I hung out with some non-football fan friends and enjoyed my Sunday. I didn't think about our trash can of a QB. I didn't think about all the wasted picks. I didn't think about all the wasted money and the bad contract terms. I didn't think of all the lost potential on the team. I didn't think about what's going to happen to our front office or coaching staff. I didn't think about the mile deep hole we have dug ourselves into that will take multiple years to dig out of. I just connected with some other people who bring joy to my life.

That's what this trade did ultimately. It has completely suffocated my interest in this team to the point where I don't care what happens anymore. I will probably be back at some point with renewed interest, but for now, it's nice to not watch the multiple year long train wreck while it's happening in real time. 

• Like 7

35 minutes ago, cortes02 said:

Just a thought.

Peace!!!

Somehow I don’t think Watson is the Bobby Bonilla type. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Eh, I think it was more the staff making a point. It was the same crappy empty backfield long developing routes from 2019. The offense looked identical. It may have been what was needed for all parties. Put the QB in a position to fail, let him go elsewhere and go get your guy.

That guy just isn't what they thought they were getting.

Idk man, I keep seeing these clips of open receivers every week and #4 just missing them, holding the ball, etc.

Spread formations should make things as easy as possible for the QB as it becomes pretty hard to hide what you’re doing.  If a QB can’t read a defense well, it simplified things

Both Watson and Baker ran spread concepts in college.  

If Watson sucks out of spread concepts, which are supposed to be his bread and butter, good god help is.  The second half he actually looked like a competent backup QB when we went under center a lot more.

1 hour ago, DawgX said:

Perhaps he would take a phone call from a certain someone.  

Bobby Bonilla Baseball GIF by FirstAndMonday

1 hour ago, cortes02 said:

Just a thought.

Peace!!!

No way
play him let him get the crap beat out of him

While I draft around him.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Idk man, I keep seeing these clips of open receivers every week and #4 just missing them, holding the ball, etc.

Spread formations should make things as easy as possible for the QB as it becomes pretty hard to hide what you’re doing.  If a QB can’t read a defense well, it simplified things

Both Watson and Baker ran spread concepts in college.  

If Watson sucks out of spread concepts, which are supposed to be his bread and butter, good god help is.  The second half he actually looked like a competent backup QB when we went under center a lot more.

I was comparing 2021 to 2019, not this season. We're stuck with Watson, there would be no benefit to put him in a position to fail. The regime got who they wanted. They just picked poorly.

7 hours ago, cortes02 said:

Just a thought.

Peace!!!

I doubt it I think you have to just ride it out and/or eat the record breaking dead cap to move on from him like we saw the Broncos do with Wilson. You have also provided the case study for why teams should never and probably will never give out a fully guaranteed contract.