Week 1 @ Philadelphia Eagles in Brazil Leadup and Countdown

2 hours ago, Old Guy said:

My prediction for this game: 

Packers 63

Eagles 7 (garbage time TD) Sirianni gets fired after the Eagles land back in Philly. 

Jordan Love throws 8 TDs passes to 8 different receivers. Watson, Wicks, Doubs, Reed, Melton, Jacobs, Musgrave and Kraft all catch a TD pass. 

Both are new NFL records. 

Damn , is that you Ace? Did you create another account, abandon your Commanders and become a Packers Fan?

That's next level Prognostication there. 🥃😎

10 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Damn , is that you Ace? Did you create another account, abandon your Commanders and become a Packers Fan?

That's next level Prognostication there. 🥃😎

He's missing the green font.

• Like 1

On 8/25/2024 at 8:40 PM, LLcheesehead12 said:

All in all we actually are 3-2 week 1 under LaFleur, and all of those games have been on the road, which btw I think it's about time Murphy or the next CEO here make a big stink about that to the league and demand a week 1 home game in 2025.

This is the Eagles first week 1 "home" game since 2019.... we twinning lol.

Meanwhile divisional opponents like the Giants and Lions have been at home every week 1 since 2020 besides 2022 against the Titans for NY and the 2023 kickoff game against the Chiefs for Detroit.

I don't get why the NFL doesn't make sure week 1 scheduling is more balanced. You should never have to go like 4-6 years without a home game or be given a home game for that long.

1 minute ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

This is the Eagles first week 1 "home" game since 2019.... we twinning lol.

Meanwhile divisional opponents like the Giants and Lions have been at home every week 1 since 2020 besides 2022 against the Titans for NY and the 2023 kickoff game against the Chiefs for Detroit.

I don't get why the NFL doesn't make sure week 1 scheduling is more balanced. You should never have to go like 4-6 years without a home game or be given a home game for that long.

You’re not wrong. I would still rather have a closing game at home or at least a majority of the final games at home for sake of making a playoff run. The first week is hard to call. Most of the starters have played barely a full quarter of real football since January. It definitely helps to be at home but the odds of some rusty play or major breakdown in communication are definitely high in that first game. But yeah, based on those numbers get the Pack and the Eagles with a nice home opener next season because the fans want to see their team kick the season off with some home cooking. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Refugee said:

You’re not wrong. I would still rather have a closing game at home or at least a majority of the final games at home for sake of making a playoff run. The first week is hard to call. Most of the starters have played barely a full quarter of real football since January. It definitely helps to be at home but the odds of some rusty play or major breakdown in communication are definitely high in that first game. But yeah, based on those numbers get the Pack and the Eagles with a nice home opener next season because the fans want to see their team kick the season off with some home cooking. 

Yeah true. I guess I didn't think about the end of the schedule where we have 4 of 5 at home including that critical second game against the Cowboys in week 17.

As for the rustiness. You have to figure there will be some of that with flying 10+ hours and trying to adjust, but I really hope both teams are able to perform well cause this has the potential to be a great week 1 game with both teams in like the high 20s or low 30s. I don't want some sloppy 20-16 game or something like that.

• Like 1

• In his first practice with the Packers, Narveson said he made all five of his kicks during a closed scrimmage inside Lambeau Field. That included a 58-yarder in windy conditions.

• In Sunday's practice, Narveson said he made 5-of-6 with the lone miss on a 51-yarder before he bounced back to make one from 53.

I am actually curious how aggressive/conservative MLF will be when it comes to calling for the FG unit vs going for it on 4th down.

56 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

I am actually curious how aggressive/conservative MLF will be when it comes to calling for the FG unit vs going for it on 4th down.

Last year with a somewhat erratic rookie kicker, MLF was right at the league average as far as going for it as opposed to kicking a field goal. Packers went for it 24 times which ranked 16th. They attempted 33 field goals which ranked 15th. 

The Packers were 5th in the NFL converting 3rd downs which may have kept those numbers down a bit. 

1 hour ago, Brat&Beer said:

Last year with a somewhat erratic rookie kicker, MLF was right at the league average as far as going for it as opposed to kicking a field goal. Packers went for it 24 times which ranked 16th. They attempted 33 field goals which ranked 15th. 

The Packers were 5th in the NFL converting 3rd downs which may have kept those numbers down a bit. 

League trend is to go for 4th and short basically anywhere between the 50 and opponents 35. After that, you start to hope your kicker has that range in the bank. Philly probably goes for 4th and 1 anywhere on the field until it’s proven they can be stopped. 

• Like 1