Week 1 @ Philadelphia Eagles in Brazil Leadup and Countdown

2 hours ago, Zycho32 said:

I hate I'm going to miss it, even if it were somehow available on Cable outside of Peacock.

NFL Network will likely show the replay of it Saturday morning.  I'm hoping maybe they show it Friday night after the original broadcast ends.

1 hour ago, HighCalebR said:

Its a pretty high end OL. .... the interior can move bodies with Rhyan/Morgan .....

Im not near as worried about the OL as I am the auxiliary that we rely pretty heavily on.

This may be a semantics thing, and we might be thinking about different scenarios.  In my mind, "interior can move bodies" implies a team that can physically move bodies and made short-yardage runs succeed.  It's 3rd-and-1, the interior can move bodies and drive the line so that you can pick up that one yard over and over again without needing a trick play, or without needing to do an outside run or a pass.  For that kind of short-yardage move-bodies scenario, I don't see our guys having that capacity.  Two years ago, Philly could successfully move bodies and tush-push on a vast majority of short-yardage scenarios.  I don't see our interior guys having the power to drive the line or move bodies.  Can they scoot?  Yes.  Can they move guys on motion plays?  Yes.  But on just straightforward short-yardage gain-one-yard-please plays, I haven't seen that yet.  Am I crazy and wrong?    

37 minutes ago, craig said:

This may be a semantics thing, and we might be thinking about different scenarios.  In my mind, "interior can move bodies" implies a team that can physically move bodies and made short-yardage runs succeed.  It's 3rd-and-1, the interior can move bodies and drive the line so that you can pick up that one yard over and over again without needing a trick play, or without needing to do an outside run or a pass.  For that kind of short-yardage move-bodies scenario, I don't see our guys having that capacity.  Two years ago, Philly could successfully move bodies and tush-push on a vast majority of short-yardage scenarios.  I don't see our interior guys having the power to drive the line or move bodies.  Can they scoot?  Yes.  Can they move guys on motion plays?  Yes.  But on just straightforward short-yardage gain-one-yard-please plays, I haven't seen that yet.  Am I crazy and wrong?    

Elgton-myers-rhyan can certainly move bodies. 3rd and 1 i have full confidence in picking that up through the A gaps commensurate with the rest of the top 3rd of the league.

Elgton-myers-runyan was a vastly different unit. And really has no bearing on a elgton-myers-rhyan group who produced 1 yard+ over the former unit.

The packers were elite tier 3rd down conversion %. I cant find any data on 3rd and 1 between tackles specifically.

Edited by HighCalebR

Regarding Llyod's latest DNP from FootballGuys

The team made clear this is part of the plan, not a setback after Lloyd participated in the last two practices. That means he could play Sunday at Philadelphia, but is unlikely to have a large role and will probably serve as the #3 back behind Emanuel Wilson.

12 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

Regarding Llyod's latest DNP from FootballGuys

My guess is Lloyd sits no matter what this week. I expect Wilson and probably Merriweather on a call up from the PS for Week 1. 

• Like 2