53 Man Roster Cuts & Discussion.

GW21

1 minute ago, AustrianNiner said:

Wow. Willis is mildly surprising to me, but Latu was a bust the moment he was drafted.

I mean what did Willis show? He will be on the PS and will have another shot next season. Willis is a piss poor blocker and isn't an amazing pass catcher or anything.

The 2022 and 2023 draft classes are so damn bad. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I mean what did Willis show? He will be on the PS and will have another shot next season. Willis is a piss poor blocker and isn't an amazing pass catcher or anything.

Funny thing is the team seemed to go more into R&D having a big say this year and seems like they have hit on some studs. Maybe getting Shanahan out of the way is the best route. 

2 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Funny thing is the team seemed to go more into R&D having a big say this year and seems like they have hit on some studs. Maybe getting Shanahan out of the way is the best route. 

Obviously Peters’ fault ;) 

• Like 2

I'm with J....every time I saw Willis, he was not playing well. I know that the reports were that he was practicing well, but just never showed out in the games. 

If they keep 4, I think Tonges may actually have a shot at making the roster. Good on him. I'm assuming that they brought Logan Thomas back to keep him on the roster. 

16 minutes ago, Steve_DeBerg_Fan_420 said:

I'm surprised about Willis too.  I thought he was blocking pretty well.

he was awful trying to block from the FB position and I thought he needed to do well there in order to make it because that added the flexibility. But if he can't play it and its based on how well they play tight end, wouldn't surprise me if they go back to Logan Thomas or move on to Tonges. 

I can't believe the guy everyone knew was a terrible pick ended up being a terrible pick. 

Going against consensus is a bad idea. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I'm with J....every time I saw Willis, he was not playing well. I know that the reports were that he was practicing well, but just never showed out in the games. 

If they keep 4, I think Tonges may actually have a shot at making the roster. Good on him. I'm assuming that they brought Logan Thomas back to keep him on the roster. 

he was awful trying to block from the FB position and I thought he needed to do well there in order to make it because that added the flexibility. But if he can't play it and its based on how well they play tight end, wouldn't surprise me if they go back to Logan Thomas or move on to Tonges. 

I can't believe the guy everyone knew was a terrible pick ended up being a terrible pick. 

Going against consensus is a bad idea. 

Nobody runs I form anymore.  Juice has been a wing player for three years.  

We should probably just look at Juie as TE2

24 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

He had a penalty in the super bowl that hurt us too iirc

Edited by adamq
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Steve_DeBerg_Fan_420 said:

Nobody runs I form anymore.  Juice has been a wing player for three years.  

We should probably just look at Juie as TE2

yet Willis missed two pretty big blocks out of the backfield in 3 games in the pre-season. 

Juice played 165 snaps out of the backfield with 160 in line (the rest coming lined up as a receiver). So yeah, he vacillates between the two. Willis isn't a good enough tight end to make the roster without the versatility to play fullback. 

No huge surprises with the cuts so far. Don’t expect any major surprises going forward 

Not a fan of our TE, OL or DL depth. Very reliant on starters there. All other position groups, I like our depth there 

1 minute ago, StevenK said:

That's the one. Was my biggest question. I thought there could be a chance that rock ya-sin could get a trade asset back which could keep Womack on. 

But man, hard to be on the bubble and have that effort play against the raiders (not to mention two dpis that should have been called) 

• Like 1