Week 1: VIKINGS (0-0) at Giants (0-0)

swede700

3 hours ago, skywindO2 said:

I'm excited. Low expectations lead to exciting results and minimal letdown. 

I think we beat the Giants. Outside of Nabers and a few players on their defense no one scares me. 

You have learned the way of the Purple Force!  Now, don't give into the dark side!!!

• Like 2

I'm excited. Low expectations lead to exciting results and minimal letdown. 

I think we beat the Giants. Outside of Nabers and a few players on their defense no one scares me. 

Exactly my thoughts. I'm just going to have fun this year as I impatiently wait for the next. I don't have any expectations, but I also think Darnold could go on a Baker-type run and we can sneak into the playoffs with 10 wins. We have all the pieces in place already and at worst we can significantly improve our team, hopefully at DT or Travis Hunter, with a higher draft pick. 

We win this one by two scores while our defense makes Jones look like a high schooler. Turner gets a sack and Harry gets a pick.

21-10

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, AP_allday2869 said:

Exactly my thoughts. I'm just going to have fun this year as I impatiently wait for the next.

YESS! football (to me, at least) is just a form of entertainment. it's designed to be fun.

too many fanz take it as life and death. elation and depression.

Edited by vike daddy
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, AP_allday2869 said:

Exactly my thoughts. I'm just going to have fun this year as I impatiently wait for the next. I don't have any expectations, but I also think Darnold could go on a Baker-type run and we can sneak into the playoffs with 10 wins. We have all the pieces in place already and at worst we can significantly improve our team, hopefully at DT or Travis Hunter, with a higher draft pick. 

We win this one by two scores while our defense makes Jones look like a high schooler. Turner gets a sack and Harry gets a pick.

21-10

The nightmare scenario is that 7-9 wins range. Let’s be biblically bad or randomly make the playoffs with Darnold. 

You are an objectively bad fan if you think anything else. 

From a fan perspective, 7-10 is more record than 0-17. I dare anyone to say otherwise. 

Edited by skywindO2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, skywindO2 said:

The nightmare scenario is that 7-9 wins range. Let’s be biblically bad or randomly make the playoffs with Darnold. 

From a fan perspective, 7-10 is more record than 0-17. I dare anyone to say otherwise. 

Yeah, I disagree, but it sounds like you wouldn't be open to hearing anything else so let's both hope the season goes well enough that nobody will be arguing whether the team should be trying to win.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, skywindO2 said:

Everything gets blown up and they start from scratch if they go 0-17. No thanks, I'd rather that go 7-9 with them looking like they are ready to take the next step once McCarthy is healthy 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, vike daddy said:

i don't even understand what this means....

more record...?

Drunkenly typing hyperbolic statements while sheltering during the storm at the fair last night doesn't go well. Should be a better in there, add and replace where appropriate. I realize 0-17 isn't actually better than 7-10 I stand by a biblically bad season being a better outcome than a middling season but a random playoff run with Darnold playing hero ball being the best case. That playoff run starts with a win against the Giants.

• Like 1

I think if they have a middling record with Darnold at the helm, that means a lot more, especially when you anticipate what they could do in 2025 and beyond with McCarthy. 

Plus, could you imagine going 0-17 this season and then only having 3 draft picks?  No thank you. 

• Like 9

Drunkenly typing hyperbolic statements while sheltering during the storm at the fair last night doesn't go well. Should be a better in there, add and replace where appropriate. I realize 0-17 isn't actually better than 7-10 I stand by a biblically bad season being a better outcome than a middling season but a random playoff run with Darnold playing hero ball being the best case. That playoff run starts with a win against the Giants.

Do you think KOC would survive a biblically bad season?

22 hours ago, viking said:

The strength of the Giants team is that D-line

Big Dex

Brian Burns

Kayvon Thibodeaux

Our success revolves around stopping these three

As KOC, are you calling a screen on every play or just every other play?

• Like 1