Week 1: VIKINGS (0-0) at Giants (0-0)

swede700

1 hour ago, vike daddy said:

Things have been headed in this direction throughout the offseason and training camp, but now it is finally official: Head coach Brian Daboll will call offensive plays for the Giants in 2024.

He confirmed the news at his Tuesday press conference.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/brian-daboll-confirms-hell-call-giants-offensive-plays-in-2024

@y*so*blu   @Acgott, for NYG fans is this a good thing or a bad thing?

Better than him trying to take it back from Kafka when things are going bad. Sink or swim with what he does best.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Acgott said:

Better than him trying to take it back from Kafka when things are going bad. Sink or swim with what he does best.

I always thought Kafka would be one of the better OCs in the league.

Also, I just saw the he was with the Vikings in 2015 haha 

2 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

I always thought Kafka would be one of the better OCs in the league.

Also, I just saw the he was with the Vikings in 2015 haha 

It’s a bad situation for him with a bad offense. Hard to succeed.

1 hour ago, vike daddy said:

is Daboll on a seat getting hotter?

The seat is always hot in New York

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Acgott said:

The seat is always hot in New York

While he was Zimmer-esque grumpy himself, they ran a guy out in Coughlin who had won 2 SBs.  Although I never thought he was that great of a coach, he certainly was the best one they've had since Parcells.

Giants cornerback Deonte Banks has a tough assignment to kick off his second NFL season.

Banks and the Giants will be hosting the Vikings on Sunday, which means that the corner is going to be seeing a lot of wide receiver Justin Jefferson. It’s the first game for Jefferson since he became the league’s highest-paid wideout and he landed that deal because of how productive he’s been over his first four seasons.

It’s a tough draw for the 2023 first-round pick, but Banks said he loves “the fact it’s right into it” in the season opener.

Banks:  “Just take it head on. This is what they drafted me for, this is what I came here to do. This is what I want. I wouldn’t want it any other way, really. It gives me a challenge, I like challenges. They’re fun. I feel like I match up well.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/deonte-banks-on-facing-justin-jefferson-i-like-challenges-wouldnt-want-it-any-other-way

uh huh... we shall see...

1 hour ago, swede700 said:

While he was Zimmer-esque grumpy himself, they ran a guy out in Coughlin who had won 2 SBs.  Although I never thought he was that great of a coach, he certainly was the best one they've had since Parcells.

Coughlin was a 70 year old coach coming off three straight losing seasons. It was the right decision to move on.

30 minutes ago, Acgott said:

Coughlin was a 70 year old coach coming off three straight losing seasons. It was the right decision to move on.

It may have certainly been, but they made lots of wrong ones after that.  🤣

• Like 1

Vikings wide receiver Jordan Addison returned to practice on Monday and he was back on the field again on Wednesday.

Addison was listed as a limited participant on the team’s first injury report of the week. Addison missed a few weeks of practice with an ankle injury he suffered in the middle of August, but no one with the Vikings expressed much concern about his status for the start of the season.

Wide receiver Jalen Nailor was also limited by an ankle injury. The two wideouts were the only two Vikings players to land on the injury report.

The Vikings will practice again on Thursday and Friday before issuing injury designations for their game against the Giants.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/jordan-addison-limited-in-wednesdays-vikings-practice

2 hours ago, dc_vikingfan said:

So weird that Miami gets the Vikings/NYG game. I would understand if we played the Jets because a divisional game. 

Lots of people from the north east retire to that area.

• Like 3