2024-25 College Football Thread

thrILL!

Just now, CWood21 said:

Oregon is right there with them. Ohio State struggles with good teams, and beat up on bad teams. 

Only question mark at OSU is the quarterback. If they have one that can play, they can compete with Georgia.

15 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Dabo needs to either get into recruiting guys who enter the portal or quit. One or the other. 

History is going to view coaches who refuse to interact with the transfer portal much like it views coaches who refused to use the forward pass in their offense.

Like yes, the game has changed, but you're not in position to stop or reverse that, so you have to adjust.

Edited by PossibleCabbage
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, PossibleCabbage said:

History is going to view coaches who refuse to interact with the transfer portal much like it views coaches who refused to use the forward pass in their offense.

Like yes, the game has changed, but you're not in position to stop or reverse that, so you have to adjust.

Coach at my high school well into the late 90s?

I was just talking about this the other day.  My high school was so awful to watch. They ran like the 1925 Oklahoma offense.  Going to the dentist was more fun, at least the waiting room had Redbook.  You could count on one hand the number of passes per game.  

11 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Richardson wasn't even that good at Florida.  Interesting, but not good.

Yeah, Richardson was not a dominant college QB.  I still question how good of a pro he will be.  He'll have to keep running to be successful, and he still hasn't learned that he needs to protect himself. I can see him being one of those "If not for the injuries..." players, but with the way he plays, the injuries are part of the deal.

50 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

Even if FSU and Clemson were able to escape the ACC, are we sure the SEC or B1G would try very hard to add them?

I'm pretty sure the eventual fate is that all of the historical powers and national brands are going to break off and form a superconference to get all of the TV money and the rest of college football will return to its traditional role of geographic rivalries and traveling trophies and things of that nature.

It might just take a while to get there.

1 hour ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I'm pretty sure the eventual fate is that all of the historical powers and national brands are going to break off and form a superconference to get all of the TV money and the rest of college football will return to its traditional role of geographic rivalries and traveling trophies and things of that nature.

It might just take a while to get there.

I think Chip agrees with you.