GDT Week 1: Browns vs Cowboys

candyman93

6 minutes ago, pscottdai said:

Pull his *** out of the game already...hell, put in DTR, anyone I do not care who as long as it is not him

Unless he gets hurt (or we end up being down by 4 TD late in the game [which at this pace is a distinct possibility]), he's not coming out.  

He needs to get reps against another club, regardless of the outcome.  Our LT/RT situation is less than desirable, and we're facing a D with one of the best pass rushers in the game.  

We've got to remind ourselves that this is a marathon not a sprint.  The team we are in Wk 1 isn't the team we'll be in Wk 18. (I hope)

(Full disclosure, I started this post before the interception) 

We're now likely closer to seeing Winston in the late part of the game, where the Cowboys give away alot of yardage underneath to bleed clock....and we'll be clamoring for Winston based upon that result.  It isn't going to happen.  

Whether we like or not, we've hitched our wagon to horse #4 unless we want to pull a Denver, and eat a veritable crap ton of cap space while we unload everyone that we've signed on for this (cough, cough ahem ahem) Super Bowl contending team.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

Unless he gets hurt (or we end up being down by 4 TD late in the game [which at this pace is a distinct possibility]), he's not coming out.  

He needs to get reps against another club, regardless of the outcome.  Our LT/RT situation is less than desirable, and we're facing a D with one of the best pass rushers in the game.  

We've got to remind ourselves that this is a marathon not a sprint.  The team we are in Wk 1 isn't the team we'll be in Wk 18. (I hope)

(Full disclosure, I started this post before the interception) 

We're now likely closer to seeing Winston in the late part of the game, where the Cowboys give away alot of yardage underneath to bleed clock....and we'll be clamoring for Winston based upon that result.  It isn't going to happen.  

Whether we like or not, we've hitched our wagon to horse #4 unless we want to pull a Denver, and eat a veritable crap ton of cap space while we unload everyone that we've signed on for this (cough, cough ahem ahem) Super Bowl contending team.

He is playing with the same situation Flacco had last year, and he balled out. The issue is his shoulder is shot. The one time he tried to push it downfield showed it when he stepped into the throw an it was still way short. 

I get they are all too proud to pull him because it will show they screwed up and will be lost money, but it is 100% the thing they should do. 

• Like 1

Our fan base deserves way better

Let's hear the usual rhetoric surrouding this dumpster fire

It's only one game..... EVERY game is very important. This is the NFL. Tiebreakers galore. All games are critical

Injuries......  This game is refusal to adjust with absolutely zero execution. Good grief run out at the half for full massages for Watson and Stef and the entire organization descision makers

Edited by Navy

Just now, candyman93 said:

Jimmy will go Godfather and Watson ends up with a dead hooker or something in his bed

WAY too obvious if this situation took place at a Pilot/Flying J.

It'd have to be in some sort of hotel.  Or perhaps somewhere else?  😉  Might help Jimmy to recoup some cash to sign his NEXT overpriced answer at the QB position.

Houston Dynamo GIF by The Surge