GDT Week 1: Browns vs Cowboys

candyman93

What in the world are the Browns supposed to do?

Deshaun Watson is clearly done for, and you have him guaranteed for 2024, 2025 and 2026.

No NFL player is going to follow this dude, one for his off the field character but secondly with how bad he is playing it is like where is Joe Flacco at or something?  Nuts to give a dude that much guaranteed money that has never accomplished anything but what one playoff win on the Texans.

Crazy, no clue what they do now.  And yes it is not all him and even their super talented backup OTs, yeah they are having issues despite being good potentially down the road.  

Crazy thing is at least they got him on the low end, Deshaun Watson is not even one of the top 10 highest paid QBs in the NFL anymore, he is 11th I believe.  Kyler Murray who is 10th would be a better option no doubt about it and so would any of those other 10 QBs of course.  

Just now, Ozzy said:

What in the world are the Browns supposed to do?

Deshaun Watson is clearly done for, and you have him guaranteed for 2024, 2025 and 2026.

No NFL player is going to follow this dude, one for his off the field character but secondly with how bad he is playing it is like where is Joe Flacco at or something?  Nuts to give a dude that much guaranteed money that has never accomplished anything but what one playoff win on the Texans.

Crazy, no clue what they do now.  And yes it is not all him and even their super talented backup OTs, yeah they are having issues despite being good potentially down the road.  

Just now, Ozzy said:

Crazy thing is at least they got him on the low end, Deshaun Watson is not even one of the top 10 highest paid QBs in the NFL anymore, he is 11th I believe.  Kyler Murray who is 10th would be a better option no doubt about it and so would any of those other 10 QBs of course.  

Drafting a qb

3 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Drafting a qb

Yes of course, but Beck, Sanders, Ewers and maybe Milroe should all be taken unless the Browns have an awful year.  Cam Ward I guess on the table and that kid could be a dude potentially, Miami might go undefeated in the regular season this year.

Still does not help a roster paying a dude that much money who honestly sucks and gets hurt so much it is like he is not even there.  

3 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Without Nick Chubb, there is nothing for this offense to lean on. With Joe Flacco, you at least had hero ball and some decent checks. I don’t think next week will be much better personally, but I hope I’m wrong.

If Wills and/or Conklin are healthy I'll be more confident. Jacksonville isn't as talented as Dallas.

And unfortunately, we can't rely on Chubb at this point. We have no idea when he'll be back and if he'll even be close to his former self after his injury.

Either way, can't wait for that dude to take his first snap.

1 minute ago, DawgX said:

If Wills and/or Conklin are healthy I'll be more confident. Jacksonville isn't as talented as Dallas.

If we can get back to having a dominant OL/running game I think that helps a ton.

Dallas has a top 3-5 defense.

23 pressures today is nuts.

2 minutes ago, DawgX said:

I hope they are there. That would certainly help. This was a depressing start to the season

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I was really hoping they’d have declined to restructure things this year and make him prove he can still play.

Why do that as a GM if it means losing your job for certain? That’s the issue.