49er rookie WR Ricky Pearsall shot

Forge

Just now, ET80 said:

You're a little *too* prepared for this...

...ok, here's my wallet.

Nahhhhh you need that more than I do, here's a $20.

Also whenever we get accurate reporting here's hoping Pearsall is able to make a recovery that lets him see the field this year so some scumbag doesn't cost him his rookie year. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Brian Robinson had a similar situation his rookie season and he was on the field by mid year.  Hopefully something similar happens here. 

Was just coming to say this. I hope he recovers quickly and it isn't serious. Serious flash backs when I saw the thread title. Not to mention the day Sean Taylor was shot. RIP.

Hope Ricky recovers quickly and doesn't prevent him being on the field.

2 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Brian Robinson had a similar situation his rookie season and he was on the field by mid year.  Hopefully something similar happens here. 

Weirdly enough, Pearsall also shot by a minor like Robinson. 

My brother said this happened (I was at work all day) and asked if I knew who he was. He was actually one of my fav wrs in this class before I heard anyone talking about him for real. I really hope he is okay and can return to good health and have a career. Made me sick to hear it. 

REDACTED 

Used to live a minute walk from where Ricky was shot. Horrible. Hope he's okay. 

He better get a standing ovation when he returns to the locker room. Have a cigar, and a brandy ready too.

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

Yikes. 

I wanna be careful how I ask this-

Any chance the physical damage could really derail his career? If his injury is chest/shoulder area, that's gotta be serious for someone who uses his arms/upper extremities, no? 

Not a doc myself, so genuine curiosity. 

12 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Yikes. 

Any chance the physical damage could really derail his career? If his injury is chest/shoulder area, that's gotta be serious for someone who uses his arms/upper extremities, no? 

I'm sure that there are definitely ways the bullet hit that probably could cause long term problems for his career, but not sure that's anything we would know right now. I haven't heard whether he'll need surgery or not. I'm not a doctor, so no idea if that would be typical in this situation.

One report said it was a through and through. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Yikes. 

Obviously no one can say right now but truthfully athletes are are concerned more about their  legs than anything else (QBs being the obvious exception). Hopefully he’s good just to be able to get around and live his life which was just put very much in danger. But definitely also hope he’s able to recover physically and mentally and be an elite athlete again. 

• Like 1

Completely speculative, "He's going to be fine". At least I hope so.

If it's a through and through to the upper right pec than it might have missed anything vital. The fact that he walked with paramedics kind of helps point to that.

Impossible to know how much time he'll miss since we don't know the injuries. He could have shattered bones, damaged nerves, etc etc.

He might be completely fine after a couple of weeks. His career might be over. I'm hope/banking on the former.

• Like 1