2024 WEEK 1 | vs Cheeseheads in Brazil

Kiltman

4 hours ago, Broadway Joe said:

Yes please sign me up, ok now we're in 2024 with 2022 Jalen being a memory. Should we live off of that and be always grateful for almost winning? 

Acting as though none of that mattered, is the inherent problem.  Organizations go "Decades" without a SB birth,  without a SB MVP performance by its QB.

2 years remover from that very game and He GD Sucks? He's the 2nd coming of mentally  broken Carson Wentz? He needs to be replaced? GTFOH with that mess.

That in itself is a joke! Just shows how GD spoiled some of the fan base truly is. How self entitled they believe,  this Franchise is. 

We could be sitting here as Browns fans, with absolutely no success for 30 straight years, have a QB we literally can not cut or escape from contractually with a fraction and I do emphasize fraction of the success Jalen Hurts has shown in the past 3 years. We're not!

We had a collapse. I get it! But this nonsensical approach that 2022 Jalen Hurts was a mirage, can never occur again, will never win the Eagles a SB as though he is basically Dak MF Prescott, is absurd!!

Cunningham 

McNabb

Kolb

Foles

Vick

Wentz

Hurts

I understand it's what this Fan Base does on a yearly basis specifically with its QB but God it gets old after awhile.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Acting as though none of that mattered, is the inherent problem.  

We had a collapse. I get it! But this nonsensical approach that 2022 Jalen Hurts was a mirage

But in your case you're also acting as though 2020, 2021, and 2023 didnt matter. Fact of the matter is Jalen has not been a good QB or average at best for most of his career. This isnt something people should forget, and its why there is some merit when some fans say that 2022 was most likely Jalen catching defenses off guard with the addition of AJ Brown, emergence of Devonte Smith, and play calling from Shane Steichen. His major regression from 2022 to 2023 was more of a concern to some of us than others obviously. More INTs and fumbles than TDs thrown is very troubling to some of us than others. 

None of us, including Broadway, are hitting the panic button in week 1. Just want to make that known. Its just extremely concerning to some of us that Jalen's 1st game was not only a continuance of 2023 but honestly made some of his worst throws hes ever had as the starting QB for the Eagles. Not saying he had his worst game, but he had some of his worst throws in his career and it was a decision based problem, not the scheme. There is a very real fear there for some of us fans based on Jalen's play since 2022 BECAUSE of what hes shown his entire career outside of 2022.

And we hope he absolutely balls out vs the Falcons and looks like a true MVP caliber player because 2022 gives us hope. Theres two sides to this coin that some of us can see, and others struggle to because they only want to see 1 side of the coin.

Edited by UndyTaker

I feel like all of Jalen's worst throws are always a result of decision making, which is a obviously a huge problem. I don't think he's consistently inaccurate or anything. When he makes good, sound decisions more times than not, he delivers good, accurate, high level throws. That and he's truly a liability when he takes off and "runs" if you want to call it that. Him not being able to run worries me a lot. That's supposed to be a big factor of his game. He's not supposed to be a pure pocket passer or even a scrambling passer. He's got to be able to take off. He just can't anymore. Very frustrating.

• Like 1

"Hurts was one of only two NFL QBs to throw for 275 yards with two touchdowns in Week 1. The other was Baker Mayfield in the Bucs’ win over Washington. The Eagles were the only NFL team with five scoring drives of at least 60 yards in Week 1. And Hurts improved to 34-14 since becoming the Eagles’ full-time starter on opening-day in 2021. Only Patrick Mahomes (37) and Josh Allen (36) have more wins."

Despite all of his supposed failures and decline in QB play this is still the side of the coin that matters most, I'm sorry. 

Edited by Nabbs4u

2 hours ago, UndyTaker said:

But in your case you're also acting as though 2020, 2021, and 2023 didnt matter. Fact of the matter is Jalen has not been a good QB or average at best for most of his career. This isnt something people should forget, and its why there is some merit when some fans say that 2022 was most likely Jalen catching defenses off guard with the addition of AJ Brown, emergence of Devonte Smith, and play calling from Shane Steichen. His major regression from 2022 to 2023 was more of a concern to some of us than others obviously. More INTs and fumbles than TDs thrown is very troubling to some of us than others. 

None of us, including Broadway, are hitting the panic button in week 1. Just want to make that known. Its just extremely concerning to some of us that Jalen's 1st game was not only a continuance of 2023 but honestly made some of his worst throws hes ever had as the starting QB for the Eagles. Not saying he had his worst game, but he had some of his worst throws in his career and it was a decision based problem, not the scheme. There is a very real fear there for some of us fans based on Jalen's play since 2022 BECAUSE of what hes shown his entire career outside of 2022.

And we hope he absolutely balls out vs the Falcons and looks like a true MVP caliber player because 2022 gives us hope. Theres two sides to this coin that some of us can see, and others struggle to because they only want to see 1 side of the coin.

2020 doesn't matter.
He was a rookie who started five games.
His stats were proportional to those of Peyton Manning his rookie year.

2021 was a year of improvement.
He wasn't there yet.
He was in 2022, however.

2023 was an enigma, not the rule.
There were massive structural differences on the coaching staff.
Jalen is still here, the coordinators are not.
They weren't competent.

I am not suggesting that he's the best QB in football, but there's no real cause for alarm unless you are an alarmist.
His trajectory is true despite a blip which was one half of one season.
What history suggests is that he is not a prodigy at QB which people are expecting, but rather a QB who needs competent coaches to succeed.
But hell, even a great QB can fail with bad coaching.  (See 2001 Colts)

I don't know that there is a coin involved.
I don't see things in black and white or heads and tails.
There are degrees to everything.
2024 began a lot like 2022 with the Eagles defeating an upstart NFC Central opponent.
Hurts' performance was nothing special that day except for the win.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Acting as though none of that mattered, is the inherent problem.  Organizations go "Decades" without a SB birth,  without a SB MVP performance by its QB.

2 years remover from that very game and He GD Sucks? He's the 2nd coming of mentally  broken Carson Wentz? He needs to be replaced? GTFOH with that mess.

That in itself is a joke! Just shows how GD spoiled some of the fan base truly is. How self entitled they believe,  this Franchise is. 

We could be sitting here as Browns fans, with absolutely no success for 30 straight years, have a QB we literally can not cut or escape from contractually with a fraction and I do emphasize fraction of the success Jalen Hurts has shown in the past 3 years. We're not!

We had a collapse. I get it! But this nonsensical approach that 2022 Jalen Hurts was a mirage, can never occur again, will never win the Eagles a SB as though he is basically Dak MF Prescott, is absurd!!

Cunningham 

McNabb

Kolb

Foles

Vick

Wentz

Hurts

I understand it's what this Fan Base does on a yearly basis specifically with its QB but God it gets old after awhile.

All of this is based on the notion that we owe something to the team, that we should be grateful because they had a good season in 2022, that is great, yes we could be Browns fans, but you don't say we could be Chiefs fans, we could be Patriots fans, hell, we're still the least successful franchise in the division. But none of that matters, all of that is irrelevant. You, me and both our opinions could be erased from the Earth today. Or I could be the biggest homer on the planet. That will not change the fact that Jalen Hurts needs to improve his decision making, that there is concerning trends with his development as has been the case for many other players on this franchise, and he as a player specially a QB, should not live off of that. I personally have praised his qualities on this very thread this very week, so don't give me that "spoiled" crap.

46 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

"Lane Johnson in Week 1:
—74 snaps
—0 sacks allowed
—0 hits allowed
—0 hurries allowed
—0 pressures allowed
—0 blown blocks"

Weird, I thought that sacked on him that was supposed to be a dead play would be charted to him. 

Edited by Broadway Joe
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, babyatemydingo said:

2024 began a lot like 2022 with the Eagles defeating an upstart NFC Central opponent.
Hurts' performance was nothing special that day except for the win.

Well he didnt turn the ball over vs the Lions. 2020 was this, 2021 was that, 2023 was yadayadayada. 2022 was something we havnt seen from Jalen since....2022. If that game vs the Packers didnt remind you of 2023 then you're sitting in a world of wants and wishes. May not see black/white or heads/tails but dont stray towards the loony and the toony

Edited by UndyTaker

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

"Lane Johnson in Week 1:
—74 snaps
—0 sacks allowed
—0 hits allowed
—0 hurries allowed
—0 pressures allowed
—0 blown blocks"

I'm not trying to be a jerk here, but I've seen this posted elsewhere, and I am honestly confused by it.  Wasn't this Johnson who gave up the sack?  I've also seen other stuff posted saying the PHI OL didn't give up a sack or QB hit vs GB.

Gary_Sack_2.gif

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

I'm not trying to be a jerk here, but I've seen this posted elsewhere, and I am honestly confused by it.  Wasn't this Johnson who gave up the sack?  I've also seen other stuff posted saying the PHI OL didn't give up a sack or QB hit vs GB.

Gary_Sack_2.gif

That is 100% on Lane. Don't know why they didn't charted to him. Maybe those stats aren't official, as there's no link for them. 

3 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

They'll be better. As much as some of you love to down the eagles .. Deep down you know they'll be great

We hope so. We hate being right like we were last year. Deep down we all hope they'll be great