Season Predictions

beardown3231

DJ Moore will be our leading receiver for the year (catches and yards), but starting in November (weeks 9-18) the WR with the most receiving yards will be Rome Odunze. The chemistry is legit and the talent is immense. 

D’Andre Swift will have 1500+ all purpose yards. I expect him to get 12-15 carries per game and 50ish catches. With so many WR who are legitimate weapons I think Swift will have a lot of favorable opportunities in the passing game, where he excels.

The Bears will win @SF in week 14. 

Sure, I'll be first second (AZ beat me) to **** the bed and be wrong on 90% of these. lol

AFC East:
1. Bills 12-5
2. Dolphins 9-8
3. Jets 9-8
4. Patriots 4-13

AFC North:
1. Ravens 12-5
2. Bengals 11-6
3. Browns 8-9
4. Steelers 7-10

AFC South:
1. Texans 11-6
2. Jaguars 9-8
3. Colts 8-9
4. Titans 5-12

AFC West:
1. Chiefs 12-5
2. Chargers 9-8
3. Broncos 6-11
4. Raiders 5-12

NFC East:
1. Eagles 13-4
2. Cowboys 12-5
3. Giants 4-13
4. Commanders 4-13

NFC North:
1. Lions 12-5
2. Packers 10-7
3. Bears 10-7 (lose tiebreaker to GB)
4. Vikings 6-11

NFC South:
1. Falcons 9-8
2. Saints 7-10
3. Buccaneers 7-10
4. Panthers 4-13

NFC West:
1. 49ers 12-5
2. Rams 11-6
3. Seahawks 8-9
4. Cardinals 6-11

#1 Overall Draft Pick: Patriots (they take the planned tank like Poles did, smart move especially since they have Maye already and are letting Brissett take the beating this year)

Most Valuable Player: Josh Allen

Offensive Player of the Year: Christian McCaffrey 

Defensive Player of the Year: Micah Parsons

Offensive Rookie of the Year: Caleb Williams

Defensive Rookie of the Year: Dallas Turner

Comeback Player of the Year: Aaron Rodgers

Coach of the Year: Jim Harbaugh (politics and having a winning season with a weak offensive cast help him)

AFC Championship Game: #5 Bengals vs #2 Chiefs

NFC Championship Game: #3 49ers vs #1 Eagles

Super Bowl: #2 Chiefs vs #3 49ers

Super Bowl Champs: 49ers

Super Bowl MVP: Brock Purdy

Bears have a really good season and total over 4000 yards passing, but it is 3800 for Williams (27 TDs and 12 INTs) and like 400 yards for Bagent as Williams misses 2 games from getting smoked while extending a play.

Swift rushes for under 1000 yards but totals over 1000 total

Moore 1200 yards (5 TDS), Allen 1050 yards (5 TDs), Odunze 600 yards (8 TDs), Kmet 500 yards (4 TDs), Everett 300 yards (1 TD), Swift 300 yards (3 TDs), and the rest spread amongst the others (4 TDs).

OL plays well enough overall but Jones does not look like a franchise LT and C/RG are average at best. Kiran moves to RG and has flashes and rookie lapses but looks to hold that spot in 2025.

Sweat has 10 sacks, the rest of the DL gets between a fair amount of sacks but the next highest is 5 sacks (Dexter)

Edmunds has a streaky season but his stats look better than his overall play, Edwards gets a knock on his stats but plays very well

CB group looks like one of the top 3 groups in the league

S is the weak link by season's end for the defense. Brisker is average and Byards has splash plays but is getting worked over by Father Time

Taylor makes the Pro Bowl

Edited by Sugashane
  • Like 2

My division winners + WC winners in order:

Falcons, Seahawks, Packers, Eagles, Lions, Niners, Cowboys

Browns, Chiefs, Jets, Colts, Bengals, Ravens, Dolphins

AFC's worst team- Patriots

NFC's worst team- Saints

Chiefs over Lions in the Super Bowl

Bears finish 9-8

Edited by beardown3231

8 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

My division winners + WC winners in order:

Falcons, Seahawks, Packers, Eagles, Lions, Niners, Cowboys

Browns, Chiefs, Jets, Colts, Bengals, Ravens, Dolphins

AFC's worst team- Patriots

NFC's worst team- Saints

Chiefs over Lions in the Super Bowl

Bears finish 9-8

This being the case with all the salary cap gymnastics they go through every year to field the same middling (and now aging) team would be just delicious. 

1 hour ago, AZBearsFan said:

This being the case with all the salary cap gymnastics they go through every year to field the same middling (and now aging) team would be just delicious. 

At some point that will catch up to them at some point, but Kamara isn't the same guy and it doesn't seem like the relationship between Carr, the FO and the fans isn't great. The NFCS is a pretty solid division now especially since Carolina will likely triple+ their win total

There are ways out of this for the Saints though. A few years ago Houston was in cap hell and fielded a terrible team. After just one draft they turned it around fast

1 hour ago, beardown3231 said:

At some point that will catch up to them at some point, but Kamara isn't the same guy and it doesn't seem like the relationship between Carr, the FO and the fans isn't great. The NFCS is a pretty solid division now especially since Carolina will likely triple+ their win total

There are ways out of this for the Saints though. A few years ago Houston was in cap hell and fielded a terrible team. After just one draft they turned it around fast

My suspicion is that once this crop of super deferred veterans for NO is at retirement (and several are getting close), Loomis will retire and leave the cap fallout to the next guy. At some point they should just have a “F it - let’s field a team full of bums and take the whole hit now, then have $160M in cap space next year” year. Hard to sell to the fan base, but the other side of that dead year brings with it a ton of promise too. 

Caleb 65% 3650 yds 21 td 10 int 

Swift 4.1 ypc 750 yds 3 td 

Roach 3.9 ypc 480 yds 4 td 

Herbert 4.4 ypc 620 yds 3 td

Allen 810 yds 4 td

moore 1000 yds 4 td

odunze 575 yds 3 td 

Kmet 525 yds 5 td

JJ 4 int 

Gordon 3 int 

Stevenson 3 int 

Dex 3.5 sacks 

Tez 9 sacks 

I tried to do actual stat predictions last year, its a fools errand honestly, but its fun to try. Im going to pass this year, but Ive got some overall predictions

• WR rankings by the end of the year: 1) DJ 2) Rome 3)Keenan 4) Scott 5) Someone not currently on the roster
    • Keenan will be a whole lot more beneficial to Caleb's career growth than will show up on the stat sheet this year, then he can go cash in for a bit, maybe make his way back for his final year or so
    • Also I dont think we are done tinkering with this WR group, and someone else (waiver claim/p-squad) will put up more Receiving stats than DeAndre or Velus
  • Gerald Everett will finish with higher stats than Cole Kmet in 2 out of 3 of Rec/Yards/TDs (and still might be cut in 2025)
    • Waldron is obsessed with GE, he will get a whole lot more action than anyone is expecting, but Kmet is still the better TE
  • RB is all about Swift (as long as he's healthy) Neither Herbert or Roschon will contribute all that much this year
    • Here's hoping we still can offload Herbert for something
  • OL will be pretty decent, but it will put us into a bit of a pickle going forward. Do we go for a major upgrade anywhere or try to keep riding it out? Who do we pay? Who do we let walk?
    • Also, Nate Davis is cut from the team before the end of the year
  • The Defense finishes just Outside the Top 5 in the league, powered by the dominant Secondary and Montez Sweat

As for the team, I think opening week is tougher than many will admit, we dont match up great with Tennessee. Their DL is great, our OL is alittle above Patchwork. Their OL is young but talented, our DL has the most to prove on this team. But when it comes down to it, its still Will Levis. Especially if D-Hop is hampered at all, it could be ugly late if we have a lead. But it will be a war of a game, and it might give us a hangover

• We drop week 2 on the trip to Houston, but we prove that we belong and the buzz about this team really starts 
  • I think we are set up great to handle AR15, and the Rams game is going to be alot of fun. (atleast 2-2 to start, I think 3-1 is likely)
  • Then we go on a run through the next 6 weeks, and worse than 4-1 should be a disappointment. 
  • Our first round robin of the NFC North we break the streak and get the win at home vs the Packers, the whole Noth is beating up on Sam Darnold, but we dont get a win on the road at Detroit
  • The Niners show us that we arent on the SB contender level. We take our butt kicking, and it ends up with a hangover in Minnesota, its the wake up call we need.
  • In one of the Lions few outdoor games, we hit full stride and make everyone waaaay too excited with the playoffs on the horizon. Especially when we put on a show on Thursday night vs Seattle.
  • Week 18 will be for The North, we get the Sunday Night stand alone. Bears are 11-5 going up against the 12-4 Packers. We would have the Tiebreaker if we win. Sadly we fall short, but we are part of the Future, and we are coming for The North in 2025

The NFC North finishes 1] Packers (13-4) 2] Lions (12-5) 3] Bears (11-6) 4] Vikings (4-13), Packers, Lions and Bears all make the Playoffs this year

NFC Playoffs

1. Packers
  2. Niners
  3. Eagles
  4. Falcons
  5. Lions
  6. Rams
  7. Bears

AFC Playoffs

1. Chiefs
  2. Jets
  3. Ravens
  4. Colts
  5. Bills
  6. Bengals
  7. Texans

San Fran beats Green Bay and KC knock off the Jets. With the Niners finally getting their Super Bowl and stopping the 3-peat in a great game.

Edited by StLunatic88
  • Like 1

• Caleb blows away the Bears QB rookie records
  • We have all three receivers lead in a different catagory...DJ for Yards...Allen for Receptions...Rome for TDs
  • The interior OL is a concern all season and Poles does something to solidify it before the trade deadline with us in playoff contention
  • The two young bookend tackles look way better with Caleb able to get ride of the ball quicker to all our weapons
  • Austin Booker has 8+ sacks
  • Kyler Gordon establishes himself as the unquestioned best NB in football
  • Tory Taylor is a top 5 punter from day one
  • Bears with 4/6 divisions games - beat Minny twice & split with GB & DET
  • Bears go on a seven game win streak between CAR & the first Minny game
  • Bears finish 11-6 & 2nd in the division to DET

Division Winners:

AFC North: Baltimore Ravens

AFC West: Kansas City Chiefs

AFC South: Houston Texans

AFC East: Miami Dolphins

AFC Wildcards: Bengals, Jets, Jags

NFC North: Detroit Lions

NFC West: San Francisco 49ers 

NFC South: Atlanta Falcons

NFC East: Philadelphia Eagles 

NFC Wildcard: Bears, Packers, Cowboys

• Like 1

2 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

RB is all about Swift (as long as he's healthy) Neither Herbert or Roschon will contribute all that much this year

I think that Herbert will will have much more of a role, power game (in bw the tackles) than many people think.

OL will be pretty decent, but it will put us into a bit of a pickle going forward. Do we go for a major upgrade anywhere ?

YES ! A minimum of 2 iOL in first 3 rounds of '25 Draft.

The NFC North finishes 1] Packers (13-4) 

GB will regress back to the mean. They were 6-8 before everything caught fire for LeFleur. Somewhere bw 6-8 and where they finished last season, is where they will end up. Love had super clean pockets, throwing to WRs running free with AJones gashing Ds every carry ! That will not/cannot continue. Lefleur is a genius but NFL always catches up. Love is no where near the Superstar level that Lefleurs system produced. GB finishes 9-8, 3rd in the Division.

Trenches are not special but will be enough to provide what we need. May see a major trade on either side before deadline. 

🐻 11-6 record.

Caleb sneaks past 4,000 yd mark!

Edited by SLCbear

Rookie Caleb Williams could possibly set one or more Bears single-season records as a rookie. The Bears’ single-season passing yardage record was set in 1995. By Erik Kramer, with 3,838 yards. That same year, he set the record for touchdowns with 29.

Many would say Jay Cutler had more. He didn’t. His best year with the Bears — 2014 — resulted in 3,812 yards. Cutler ultimately had five 3,000-yard seasons in Chicago, and he’s the all-time franchise leader with 23,443 passing yards.

While it will take a few years for Williams to get to 23,444 or more career yards, he could get to 3,839 as soon as this year. And if/when he ever gets to 4,000 passing yards in the single season, he’ll be the first Bears quarterback to do it.

And, yes, the Bears are the only team that hasn’t had a quarterback with a 4,000-yard passing season.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/it-wont-take-much-for-caleb-williams-to-set-bears-single-season-passing-records

AFCE- Jets 11-6

AFCN- Bengals 12-5

AFCS- Texans 13-4

AFCW- Chiefs 11-6

WC- Jags  12-5, Bills 10-7, Ravens 10-7

NFCE- Eagles 11-6

NFCN- Lions- 12-5

NFCS- Bucs 9-8

NFCW- Rams 13-4

WC- 49ers 12-5, Bears 11-6, Cardinals 10-7

Super Bowl- Rams over Chiefs

Top 5 Picks Next Year

Pats, Broncos, Giants, Saints, Panthers

Assuming caleb stays healthy all year, and Swift does as well (I'll explain in a minute) 

Caleb clears 4250 passing yards (I don't think the run game will be that great this year, as in super skeptical about our push up the middle.... I also expect heavy blitzing coming Caleb's way, leading to a VERY active screen game to replace the running game) 

Overall record in expecting between 11 and 13 wins, and to win the division, sweeping both the vikings and lions. 

Green Bay I think game 1 is a coin flip and the season finale, we lose via sitting the starters for the playoffs. 

I think we're also going to be near the top of the league in sack production and INTs. My expectation is that we are going to be an "all gas, no brakes" type team to win this year... I don't think our run game is great, and our defensive strengths mean we want to be playing from a lead and forcing them to pass into us to catch up.  

Our nightmare scenario team would be basically what the titans where a few years ago with Derrick Henry, where they can constantly run the ball and gain yards/points forcing us to try and catch up. 

Fwiw, I also think this team could be super vulnerable to the "lovie Smith special", where we try to slow play one or two score leads with prevent defense early and kill clock.  We will be far more successful if this unit is constantly trying to run the score up. 

• Like 1