Week 1 GDT: Tennessee Titans @ Chicago Bears

Mesa_Titan

Super excited for the new era of Titans football. I get excited every year, but this year feels different. I understand the first half of the season the schedule looks tough, but excited to see how we fair.

Ready to see a new brand of football. We may have trouble scoring, but at least we will be a modern offense trying to score. Levis may not be it, but at least we will find out because the offense will be geared toward a passing game as the basis. 

I loved Henry, but I also love the idea of 2, more dynamic RB's that can run, catch, and be elusive. 

The defense has upgrades at every level(D Line might be a push) so can't wait to see how they progress through the year.

I am a bit of a pessimist, so don't expect us to set the world on fire week 1...I think it's a tough road game...we probably come up a little short, something like 24-28 Bears get us. 

More than anything I want Levis to play well, and have no turnovers...end every passion with a kick...and come out of week 1 healthy!!

I don't want to jinx anything...but I just feel like we roll Chicago on Sunday. I feel like they're drinking their own kool-aid and they're a team that, largely, has no idea how to win.

Their D is a good one under Eberflus but I just see Callahan having us more prepared for this game than Flus will have Chicago. I think Chicago thinks a lot is going to come easy to them this year.

I'm worried about Sneed/Awuzie being super rusty versus Moore/Allen/Odunze...but I just think Simmons/Sweat are going to control the LOS for us.

27-17 titans

f the bears

I could easily see this one going either way, and it largely depends on the QBs.  I'm still not sure what Levis is as a QB, but I think he's looked pretty clearly better than Mason Rudolph, when on the field.  So we have that as a baseline.  Caleb though, no idea what to expect from him.

That and how well the OLs hold up against the DLs.  Titans have a beastly interior, and the Bears have an elite Edge in Sweat and a deep rotation with Taylor, Walker, and Robinson.  If Nate Davis and Teven Jenkins hold up to our interior better than JC Latham and NPF stand up to the Chicago Edges, then we'll have a rough time.  I do feel like our IOL and their OTs will likely hold up pretty well.

I'll take the Titans in a close one.  Why not be optimistic?  Caleb gets flushed out of the pocket by Simmons and Sweat, and his rookieness shows, while Callahan does the Bengals thing of having an answer offensively for when the other team can get Edge pressure.  We run up the middle to victory.

• Like 1

I'm on record as not being a big believer in the hype of Caleb Williams. I could easily see him be a Mariota like player or I can see Rivers. 
I can see him looking great early but fade in the season. 

Can he be a QB that a franchise tags themselves to and they win consistently?  Yeah. 

Either way, I'm not sold on him being the greatest prospect to come out in a while. 

That said, I can see the game going either way, but I can see us winning more than losing. 
Like said by others, it depends on which QB has the better game. 

I trust Cally as an offensive mind over the Bears guy. But I have nothing really to support that. 

I predict our RBs and TEs have more receptions than our WRs. Because, why not. lol

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I'm on record as not being a big believer in the hype of Caleb Williams. I could easily see him be a Mariota like player or I can see Rivers. 

Well, I mean...Mariota threw 4 TDs in his first game, so let's hope he's not a Mariota like player.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Daniel said:

Well, I mean...Mariota threw 4 TDs in his first game, so let's hope he's not a Mariota like player.

And that's what I mean. I can see him doing some mess like that and then have a middle of the pack career, if stays healthy. 
Hopefully he looks like Ryan Leaf Sunday. lol

3 hours ago, KingTitan said:

Can he be a QB that a franchise tags themselves to and they win consistently?  Yeah. 

Either way, I'm not sold on him being the greatest prospect to come out in a while. 

That said, I can see the game going either way, but I can see us winning more than losing. 
Like said by others, it depends on which QB has the better game. 

I trust Cally as an offensive mind over the Bears guy. But I have nothing really to support that. 

I predict our RBs and TEs have more receptions than our WRs. Because, why not. lol

But he is, though :) 

On another note, not sure why, exactly, but I have a feeling we win this and we do it rather convincingly. Maybe not on the scoreboard, but performance-wise, I think we put up a good show and we look solid.