The Week 1 Gameday Thread: Commanders @ Bucs - 4:30 PM on Fox, Sunday (GIF Theme Hook)

MikeT14

GIF theme  

7 members have voted

1. 1. What's the gif theme this week?

• Black Sails
    • Pirates of the Caribbean
    • One Piece
    • Pirates of Dark Water
    • Hook
    • Captain Phillips

https://sports.yahoo.com/commanders-pff-grades-best-worst-031737179.html

Top 5 offense:

RB Brian Robinson Jr: 83.2

RG Sam Cosmi: 81.6

LT Cornelius Lucas: 69.9

LG Nick Allegretti: 67.3

LT Brandon Coleman: 65.1

Top 5 defense:

LB/Edge Jamin Davis: 78.8

CB Noah Igbinoghene: 72.3

S Percy Butler: 71.5

DT Phidarian Mathis: 66.1

LB Mykal Walker: 65.9

Bottom 5 offense:

WR Luke McCaffrey: 55.8

TE Ben Sinnott: 54.7

TE John Bates: 53.8

WR Terry McLaurin: 51.6

QB Jayden Daniels: 50.7

Bottom 5 defense: 

DE Clelin Ferrell: 52.5

DT Sheldon Day: 49.2

FS Quan Martin: 46.0

CB Mike Sainristil: 40.7

CB Emmanuel Forbes: 33.5

23 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Interesting snap counts from Week 1: 

- lucas played 76% of snaps at LT compared to Coleman's 24%

- WRs: McLaurin (81%), McCaffrey (61%), Brown (56%), Zaccheaus (44%), Crowder (5%)

- TE Sinnott only played 22%

- HB Robinson 56% vs. Ekeler 53%

- BSJ played 100% of snaps on defense

- Sainristil was 95%. 

- Luvu played 92% of plays and had 1 tackle

- Percy Butler played 39% but Quan Martin (92%) and J Chinn (80%) rarely came off the field so they were running a bunch of 3 Safety sets. 

- Jamin Davis only played 20% of defensive snaps but from my eye made an impact when he was out there. 

Awful stat line for Luvu. He needs to be more impactful.

Giants game is very important for this organization, imo.

This team really needs a confidence booster & the Giants could offer that. 

It would also be nice, going into the Monday Night  Primetime game vs Bengals 1-1 over 0-2.

In the words of the late Al Davis. "Just win baby!"

5 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

Still higher than Caleb Williams (49.1) and Bo Nix (44.6). 

Jayden had a 50.7 grade for those curious. 

This shocks me. I watched the entire Bears game and Caleb LOOKED AWFUL. Wildly inaccurate and lucky he didn't throw a couple interceptions

PFF's formula has to have something off.... Caleb was 14 of 29, with 93 yards.... think about that for a moment. Jayden was 17/24 with 180+, plus rushing yards and TD. Something is off with PFF's offensive grades. It seems the whole freaking country is in "Caleb Williams" bias mode, like I really don't get it.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Troublez said:

This shocks me. I watched the entire Bears game and Caleb LOOKED AWFUL. Wildly inaccurate and lucky he didn't throw a couple interceptions

PFF's formula has to have something off.... Caleb was 14 of 29, with 93 yards.... think about that for a moment. Jayden was 17/24 with 180+, plus rushing yards and TD. Something is off with PFF's offensive grades. It seems the whole freaking country is in "Caleb Williams" bias mode, like I really don't get it.

It’s honestly ridiculous. Cornelius Lucas got absolutely dusted on the Jayden Daniels blindside fumble but scores higher than Daniels lol

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Troublez said:

Their grades have gone downhill for a while, but it seems like they are just trash now. I wouldn’t put any stock into them at this point. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Their grades have gone downhill for a while, but it seems like they are just trash now. I wouldn’t put any stock into them at this point. 

They literally post on public places to hire their ‘evaluators’. And each evaluator has an unpaid period where they grade prior game footage as practice, after being told by a PFF video what to look for.  If you don’t grade the way with their parameters, you don’t move forward as a paid evaluator.  

So basically……no real football knowledge is needed, and they coach you on their grades, and will hire you or not based on how well you grade to what they want.  

It’s literally worthless grades now.  There should be some sort of vetting for real football knowledge, like former HS/college players, coaches, etc, and there should be less grades, but more impactful. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Troublez said:

Caleb had the worse game I’ve ever watched!! Short of have a pick day like Nathan Peterman

Edited by ripsean21

The biggest thing I saw was good push on the LOS. These guys just have to gel. Outside is a problem for the defense. Can we fix that probably not this year outside of signing a vet like Gilmore. But we have to hit big plays. That  Terry play is 6. Can’t miss those. They will improve all around both sides. Kicker is mind boggling this offseason.

4 hours ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

They’re only used when they prove your point and never when they don’t

• Like 1

17 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

They also were in tank commander mode for a couple years during Jack Easterby’s end of tenure and the weird Lovie Smith year.  Also got a haul for Deshaun Watson which allowed them to pick two game-changers.  

This is what we get for being absolutely mid during the Rivera tenure. 

This is why I kept saying that Rivera trying to go for the division win and a "one and done" playoff his first year, set this franchise back (*). 

I mean, that and the fact that he couldn't actually draft to save his life

(*) I was called crazy by fans both on this forum and off it for my stance. And I will die on this hill. Instead of Micah Parsons (or Devonta Smith) we got Jamin Davis.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

Good stuff right here!

The kid will grow. As I said he will see the tape and realize on some crosses and things it’s better to throw then take off. But many of the runs were offensive protection breakdowns and he made the best play he could