Sam Cosmi signs four year extension

Rivera would have made the previous regime’s personnel ‘play’ for the extension.  It is nice to see someone rewarded before the coaching staff even gets to see them in game action.  I certainly understand that rationale by the previous regime to an extent, but it clearly doesn’t work in all scenarios.  Cosmi is a very good guard, and worth the extension 

• Like 2

I’m so happy about this. Sam earned it last year and I agree with that Nap said about Rivera making others earn it rather than giving them the extension they had deserved like Scherff & TWill. I know people have differing options on TWill as he was leaving here but there’s no doubt our OL has missed TWill since he’s been gone.

Just now, Slappy Mc said:

Genuinely surprised this happened. 

Hopefully he takes the next step this year.

Why are you surprised? Just something only good teams do ? Or he's not worthy in your opinion ? Just curious. 

I guess I'm surprised too Terry being the only recent player I can think of to get extended. Then there's Allen and Payne . so a handful .

19 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Why are you surprised? Just something only good teams do ? Or he's not worthy in your opinion ? Just curious.

A little of all the above. Maybe not that he isnt worth it, but I'll have to see the terms but i expected him to be playing for an extension this year. They must have liked what they saw. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Meh. I still think he's overrated. We have a ton of space though so whatever. 

Mark Bullock has some nice cutups of him. He's a nasty mauler. At least we got a second-round pick correct for once and it was Rivera lol

4 minutes ago, LoganF89 said:

4 year 74 mill with 45 mill guaranteed

This is a solid contract IMO AAV 18.5 mill for a young pro bowl guard.

great job Peters

Man remember when $16M was seen as absolutely crazy for Scherff lol. 

• Like 3