GB vs PHI : Post Game Recap

GHARMON9

I think they'll go with Clifford.  Not ideal, but knows the offense.  You aren't going to bring someone in for just 3 weeks, they won't know the offense.  Perhaps you get a few wildcat plays out of Willis.

Edited by NFLGURU

9 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

This is why the backup QB conversation was always a relevant one. If Willis bombs, I hope it at least teaches Gute a lesson that you need to have a decent No. 2 so you can survive these exact situations. 

No reason the Packers shouldn't be able to go 2-2 in their next 4 with a respectable backup. With Willis, I'll be praying we get one win. 

Definitely relevant whether or not your second driver can keep the bus on the road. The timing is not ideal, though. If Willis bombs it might not mean he would never have been good enough, just that he’s not good enough to step into the role with a few short weeks of preparation. Of course, it could mean he’s trash but it’s not an honest evaluation at this point.  Time for the leaders to lead and show we can find more than one way to win when ish hits the fan. 

Gb probably won't announce a starter for week 2 until late in the week.  no reason to tell INDY who to prepare for.... not that Willis or Clifford is a QB that other teams would fear, but they do have different...... ummm "skillsets"?

1 minute ago, Refugee said:

Definitely relevant whether or not your second driver can keep the bus on the road. The timing is not ideal, though. If Willis bombs it might not mean he would never have been good enough, just that he’s not good enough to step into the role with a few short weeks of preparation. Of course, it could mean he’s trash but it’s not an honest evaluation at this point.  Time for the leaders to lead and show we can find more than one way to win when ish hits the fan. 

Time for the veterans on the team to step up and make plays.  That is mostly the defense with Clark, Smith, Gary, Alexander

Lafleur gonna need to be dialing up some immaculate game plans and Hafley gotta get that defense playing at another level the rest of this month. Willis/Clifford is gonna be ROUGH, but feel like it's too late for them to try and bring in another option. Even if they did want Tannehill, don't think he'd want to sign just to start 3 games and then become the backup when Love returns

8 minutes ago, Pack-ManJones said:

I’ve been pounding the table for this 3 weeks ago but imagine if Tannahill had 4 weeks in the playbook to play Indy and Tennessee… Coach by his former coach. But everyone called me crazy

So, what took you so long? 

8 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

I think they'll go with Clifford.  Not ideal, but knows the offense.  You aren't going to bring someone in for just 3 weeks, they won't know the offense.  Perhaps you get a few wildcat plays out of Willis.

Might use them both, but if it's just a sprain, put a brace on him and put him out there. 

Between grade 1 and 2, Favre would be playing. 

Edited by Old Guy
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Time for the veterans on the team to step up and make plays.  That is mostly the defense with Clark, Smith, Gary, Alexander

Absolutely. But the OL who was inconsistent yesterday needs to help our run game control some clock even with teams knowing we don’t have our full passing potential. But yes, D talked all offseason about wanting GB being known as a defensive power.  This is time to walk the talk because we probably aren’t putting up huge numbers on offense. Naverly will also likely be getting more work and I hope he embraces the opportunity.