BDL 2024 Week 1: Cwmfelinfach Ptrash Pterodactyls @ Quebec Nordiques

RedGold

Who wins?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Cwmfelinfach Ptrash Pterodactyls
    • Quebec Nordiques

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/12/2024 at 04:59 AM

Voting doesn't tell the story of this matchup.   Both great gameplans and against a lesser opponent I think Cwmfelaishdc pulls this out.   

In the end I think the Nordics offense is just too much to handle for younger secondary.    The arrow is definitely trending upward on the Pterodactyls though.

I think the majority are pretty much spot on here. Cwm perhaps lack a bit of depth, but its healthy week 1 roster looks formidable and Quebec probably experience a bit of a bizzbowl hangover after winning the title.

However is that enough for Cwm to overcome Quebec? Winners win and Quebec have shown they can get it done at the BDL level. Cwm have had some leaner years of late and it probably bites them in a close one.

Quebec 27 - 21 Cwm

1 hour ago, vikes635 said:

I know my vote was not in there but why was this games total votes so much less than the rest? Looked like most games had 19 or so votes? Not complaining just curious.

No idea if that's the case but sometimes when you don't have time to focus on every game you go to the ones that are close where your vote can matter. 

If you look at our game vs the Greenland vs Akureyri there is only a 2 votes difference: you and Lukic who apparently forgot to vote in our game despite posting in the thread so that tracks

8 minutes ago, TedLavie said:

No idea if that's the case but sometimes when you don't have time to focus on every game you go to the ones that are close where your vote can matter. 

If you look at our game vs the Greenland vs Akureyri there is only a 2 votes difference: you and Lukic who apparently forgot to vote in our game despite posting in the thread so that tracks

My vote is there but ah that does make sense, Can you look at results before voting or just by reading thread people decide what games are close?

12 minutes ago, vikes635 said:

My vote is there but ah that does make sense

Can you look at results before voting or just by reading thread people decide what games are close?

I meant you and Lukic voted for Akureyri (hence why there are 18 votes there) but not here (hence why there are 16 votes here).

And yes you can by clicking on "Show Results"

Edited by TedLavie
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, vikes635 said:

I know my vote was not in there but why was this games total votes so much less than the rest? Looked like most games had 19 or so votes? Not complaining just curious.

On a side note, owners are not required to vote on all matchups each week. In order to get a Win you have to vote in at least 4 games and comment on them. Including your own game.

The comments don't have to be relevant either but we have been getting good ones this year to start off.

Several times people will say they might have time to vote but not comment etc. So generally you get 1-2 weeks slack on the comments during the season.

But for instance had Lancaster won their voting match this week but failed to vote or comment then they could not get the W.

• Like 2