BDL 2024 Week 1: New Orleans Jazz @ Raleigh Firebirds

RedGold

Who wins?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• New Orleans Jazz
    • Raleigh Firebirds

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/12/2024 at 04:59 AM

Gimme the Jazz cause McCaffrey and missing a starting OT are just enough to tip the edge to the Jazz, stafford and MHJ keep this close though since I'd imagine they'd air the ball out a bit more here. 

1 minute ago, Xmad said:

Gimme the Jazz cause McCaffrey and missing a starting OT are just enough to tip the edge to the Jazz, stafford and MHJ keep this close though since I'd imagine they'd air the ball out a bit more here. 

The Jazz are the ones missing the starting OT

3 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

The Jazz are the ones missing the starting OT

I can't type my man, Havenstein being for the Jazz hurts and Danielle hunter/Johnson ll will feast but McCaffrey being out when your next best RB is Zach moss.....just enough. Also **** the 49ers for not announcing it on friday cause they hurt the BDL and fantasy community. 

I think the Jazz take this one. It’s hard to see the firebirds replacing McCaffery. Their offense was designed around him and I don’t see an adequate replacement on the roster. 

On top of that the rest of their offensive weapons are average to below average. 

35 minutes ago, BodyBurner said:

I think the Jazz take this one. It’s hard to see the firebirds replacing McCaffery. Their offense was designed around him and I don’t see an adequate replacement on the roster. 

On top of that the rest of their offensive weapons are average to below average. 

If only there was someone on my roster than could step in for McCaffrey and run for 147 and 1.

If only I could have someone, anyone who has the ability to do that 😎

Taking New Orleans in a close game, but, I don't think the absence of CMAC hurts Raleigh as bad as it wouls first seem, the next men up are respectable. Having said that, I do think NOs running game does just enough more to get close it out. Both of you did a great job here.

27 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

If only there was someone on my roster than could step in for McCaffrey and run for 147 and 1.

Don’t be petty, sarcastic, and bitter. It’s unbecoming. You didn’t know on Friday McCaffrey wasn’t playing, and you aren’t playing the Jets who refuse to pay one of this best defense players. 

You also still don’t have a QB 

8 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Had you listed Mason first on your RB depth chart, I would've considered him as a direct replacement and lessened the blow of being without CMC. (Although Mason is clearly not as effective as CMC as a pass-catcher, which still would've conflicted with your gameplan.)

Edited by TL-TwoWinsAway

39 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Had you listed Mason first on your RB depth chart, I would've considered him as a direct replacement and lessened the blow of being without CMC. (Although Mason is clearly not as effective as CMC as a pass-catcher, which still would've conflicted with your gameplan.)

I know, I just like being a turd. Its my thing lol.

That's what makes McCaffrey such a double edged sword. He is so unique as a talent that if something like this happens, it really sets a pre-written gameplan on fire.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I know, I just like being a turd. Its my thing lol.

That's what makes McCaffrey such a double edged sword. He is so unique as a talent that if something like this happens, it really sets a pre-written gameplan on fire.

But you're our turd. Don't ever change. (True on the rest.)

• Like 1

Shout out to whoever Jonathan Simmons is.

Like others have said, The cmc absence is brutal here.  He's such a unique talent that when you devise a plan around him and have to go to other differing types of RB, it just doesn't work as well.  I don't dislike the Raleigh WR as much as others but Sutton is tied to Nix so woof and Harrison will have better days, but like Caleb in another mathcup, he has to show us the good days first

Raleigh by a bill....

Sorry Pete,   Losing the main piece of your offensive gameplan (to no fault of your own),  sucks.     I think the backups do a decent enough job to keep the game close, but NO is a to well rounded to make up for the loss of C-Mac.