5 up, 5 down

Up

1. I guess just the defense.

Down

1. Watson looked like hot arse. Again. Not gonna overreact to one game, but there’s no excuses at this point.

2. OL was just as bad as Watson. Jed and Conklin need to get back soon.

3. Game plan/coaching.  Stefanski and Co. are typically pretty well sorted out, but they got their butts handed to them today.  The offense looked completely disjointed.

4. penalties.  Way too many procedural penalties and mental mistakes.

5. Pass catchers.  Lots of dropped passes.  Had a pick off of a receiver’s hands and Amari missed a big one.

You covered it.

Defense played well given the situation they were put in. One of the many reasons points given up per game is a flawed stat for assessing a defense. Same goes with last season. If the offense plays an average game, we don't necessarily win, but we at least have a good chance.

Watson sucked.

OL sucked.

Receivers did Watson no favors when he did make a decent/good throw.

Running game was nonexistent until Dallas didn't fear it at all.

Unenforced penalties killed us.

Arguably the worst offensive game plan Stefanski and company has had. None of it made sense.

Just a horribly ugly game all-around. Hopefully the team as a whole quickly learns from it.

Only other positive I can think of is that Darden did pretty well as a returner.

• Like 1

Down. 

1. Giving Watson the keys to the kingdom 

We were in an if/then situation 

If we give Watson the 5 wide sit back and read he will be great. 

We are in the then. 5 wide man besters and Watson was terrible 

Down

Njoku - Dude was straight up *** (outside of 1 catch) and acted like he didn’t want to be there. Possibly a return to normal for him. He didn’t feel like blocking either.

Cooper - Me thinks he’s upset over the Aiyuk trade rumors.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DawgX said:

You covered it.

Defense played well given the situation they were put in. One of the many reasons points given up per game is a flawed stat for assessing a defense. Same goes with last season. If the offense plays an average game, we don't necessarily win, but we at least have a good chance.

Watson sucked.

OL sucked.

Receivers did Watson no favors when he did make a decent/good throw.

Running game was nonexistent until Dallas didn't fear it at all.

Unenforced penalties killed us.

Arguably the worst offensive game plan Stefanski and company has had. None of it made sense.

Just a horribly ugly game all-around. Hopefully the team as a whole quickly learns from it.

Only other positive I can think of is that Darden did pretty well as a returner.

The offense just looked so disjointed the whole game.

Watson airmailed throws when receivers were open. 

Receivers dropped nice throws when he made them.

No one blocked when they brought pressure (or Watson didn’t see it).

Watson held the ball forever at times.

They didn’t get set or line up correctly multiple times.

Jones had multiple false starts.

Stefanski got way too pass happy.

The schemes seemed vanilla as hell, but we still couldn’t execute them.

The whole game it just seemed like absolutely no one was on the same page.  Maybe that’s due to guys not playing in the preseason, injuries, whatever, but what we saw from everyone from KS on down was absolutely inexcusable.

• Like 2

Say what you want but when the entire locker room sees a guy continue to get chance after chance and continue to start and plays absolutely horrible football, after getting a huge pay day, the rest of the team seems to have followed suite.

Cooper looked disinterested and disgruntled after all the Aiyuk noise.

Njoku looks like he’s in peak 2021 form.

DeWand looked like he fell to R4 for a reason.

Turns out Ford and Strong still suck.

Berry has traded for 3 receivers and yesterday they all looked completely disinterested and like they were running in sand.

The entire team came out flat minus the DL and a few decent plays in the secondary.

Dorsey was a real head scratcher of a hire last year and yesterday didn’t seem to help that feeling.

3 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Down

Njoku - Dude was straight up *** (outside of 1 catch) and acted like he didn’t want to be there. Possibly a return to normal for him. He didn’t feel like blocking either.

I didn’t really see that.  He had one drop, but other than that wasn’t put in a position to do much. “Catch the ball and run through everyone” isn’t a plan.

3 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Cooper - Me thinks he’s upset over the Aiyuk trade rumors.

Idk, he just seemed frustrated, and rightfully so.  I was frustrated watching it, I’m sure being a part of it would be irritating.

3 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Say what you want but when the entire locker room sees a guy continue to get chance after chance and continue to start and plays absolutely horrible football, after getting a huge pay day, the rest of the team seems to have followed suite.

Idk if we’re there just yet, but I do think we’re likely headed there if he doesn’t get his sht together and soon. I’m sure plenty of the vets are sick of the questions they get about him and his play though.

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Idk if we’re there just yet, but I do think we’re likely headed there if he doesn’t get his sht together and soon. I’m sure plenty of the vets are sick of the questions they get about him and his play though.

I think we are on the brink of the wheels coming completely off 

Up:

Only 2 years left on creepy Watson's contract

Down:

Everything else. Gotta say, this one flows from Stefanski's hubris or conservativeness or whatever it was that kept him from giving players and new coaches meaningful live bullet time together in preseason and snowballs from there. OL was our next biggest issue, couldn't protect and zillions of penalties. Tough when your 2 starting OTs and all pro RB are out, but I was expecting Jones to take a step forward, not regress - I hope this isn't a harbinger of missing Callahan more than we thought. 

I agree with things already posted.....we looked BAD.....Silver lining....as bad as we played, you change 3 plays in that game and its 23-20 Dallas Still wins....Play 1, the first TD was a clear Blown Coverage by Thornhill...he HAS to know....IF I'm the FS, then I have to go with the deepest Offensive Player.....SMH!!!

Play 2...Stefanski going for it on 4th on our 2nd possession, it was still 0-0 and we just paid all that money Hopkins, LET HIM KICK...

Play 3  Don'g give up the PR for a TD....

(Honorable Mention, Denzel Ward dropped a PURE Pick 6 in the 2nd or 3rd quarter) 

But other than that....the WHOLE team looked like it was still playing Preseason football...missed run fits, blown coverages, Turnovers...I believe Dawand Jones got called for 2 falls starts on 2 consecutive drives. 

But Worst of All.....Watson looked like Pure *** Meat......He better get it together...or there other way's to "Get Out of this Contract" If you catch my drift....

• Like 1