Week 2: Colts at Packers - The Malik Willis Show

packfanfb

Ian Rapoport -  Colts promising young CB JuJu Brents is headed for Injured Reserve with a season-ending knee injury. The former second-round pick has impressed when on the field. With the early injury, he’ll be 100% for 2025. But frustrating outcome.

• Andy Herman -  Of note for this week. The Colts depth at CB was already an issue.

25 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

I actually like this matchup defensively. We did great being disciplined with Hurts' rushing abilities. Do that with Richardson, and I think we'll be in a great position to win this game.

Agree with the need for DL discipline - but I think Richardson poses a greater threat than Hurts now does. I think Hurts has taken enough hits that he's not as quick as he used to be.

1 hour ago, Rainmaker90 said:

I actually like this matchup defensively. We did great being disciplined with Hurts' rushing abilities. Do that with Richardson, and I think we'll be in a great position to win this game. 

Hopefully better footing allows our DBs to be a little stickier on the outside to challenge some of the underneath stuff that led to some cheap conversions for the Eagles. 

And for the love of all things Holy -- can we please, for once in a generation, tackle better on defense? I think we were ranked dead last in Week 1 for missed tackles/rate. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Leader said:

Agree with the need for DL discipline - but I think Richardson poses a greater threat than Hurts now does. I think Hurts has taken enough hits that he's not as quick as he used to be.

Agreed. Less threat throwing, more running. Just dont let him beat us deep passing

• Like 1

Green Bay Packers Injuries

More NFL TeamsArizona CardinalsAtlanta FalconsBaltimore RavensBuffalo BillsCarolina PanthersChicago BearsCincinnati BengalsCleveland BrownsDallas CowboysDenver BroncosDetroit LionsHouston TexansIndianapolis ColtsJacksonville JaguarsKansas City ChiefsLas Vegas RaidersLos Angeles ChargersLos Angeles RamsMiami DolphinsMinnesota VikingsNew England PatriotsNew Orleans SaintsNew York GiantsNew York JetsPhiladelphia EaglesPittsburgh SteelersSan Francisco 49ersSeattle SeahawksTampa Bay BuccaneersTennessee TitansWashington CommandersMore NFL Teams
Sep 11

23 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Houston had serious success against the Colts on the ground. No reason we cant do the same.

And DeForest Buckner did not practice today due to a back injury. If he is out or even limited Sunday, that's a pretty big deal. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Houston had serious success against the Colts on the ground. No reason we cant do the same.

Houston also had Stroud, Collins, Diggs, Dell and Schultz. 

I would venture to guess that the Colts are not going to play many light boxes against us and will be playing a "Make Malik Beat Us" game. Going to have to adapt to what we see early on. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I would venture to guess that the Colts are not going to play many light boxes against us and will be playing a "Make Malik Beat Us" game. Going to have to adapt to what we see early on. 

Perhaps youre right. but they got movement as well. Jacobs is no stranger to running into a loaded box and producing.

50 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Malik is licking his chops. Gonna toss 5 tuddies.

• Like 3