New Sexual Assault (Rape) Allegatations Against Watson

roger murdock

2 minutes ago, dawgdish said:

As a human being I hope these allegations aren't true. As a Browns fan, if it did happen and it gets us out of the contract we never should have signed in the first place (because him being a creep isn't exactly a news flash), I hope the victim sues him for every penny we wasted on him, he ends up behind bars, and we can move on from this nightmare.

He’s not going to jail, this is a civil suit.

At most he pays some more money.  Lucky for him he’s pretty flush rn. Thanks Jimbo.

• Like 2

This is why you don’t make a deal with the devil 

you always lose on technicalities

We traded for a rapist, injury prone, quitter, who made the pro bowl three times.

Fast-forward, and we got a rapist, injury prone, quitter who made the pro bowl three times.

it’s also kind of poetic

year1 - ruined by the rape

year2 - ruined by the injury

year3 - he quits  

Edited by roger murdock

The NFL moves *extremely* slowly on cases such as these (as long as there’s no video evidence) 

Best case scenario I can see him getting suspended by the league sometime late next summer after FA is basically over, allowing us to void the contract but not allowing us to actually use any of the money to improve the team. 

55 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Just remember, the Browns did their own individual investigation before the trade and for all we know, they knew about this and there’s an agreement in place contractually.

Any owner willing to guarantee a quarter billion to this guy knew and absolutely didn’t care.

It’s JFF 2.0.  Haslam just had to have “his guy” and wasn’t going to take no for an answer nor was he going to let such nonsense as sexual assaults or team protections stop him.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Any owner willing to guarantee a quarter billion to this guy knew and absolutely didn’t care.

It’s JFF 2.0.  Haslam just had to have “his guy” and wasn’t going to take no for an answer nor was he going to let such nonsense as sexual assaults or team protections stop him.

As part of his due diligence he consulted with two extremely privileged white women. Give the guy the credit he is due. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Speaking purely contractually here

• Like 1

He’s just so gross. 

Regrettably I have read a lot of these lawsuit things with him.

Every one of them, the dude just ends up startling women by being naked, shoving his junk where it doesn’t belong, etc.

I don’t know how many of these are true and how many of them are not, but I have a hard time believing the factual number is zero or close to it. That’s always been reason enough for me to not want this creep around.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

He’s just so gross. 

Every one of them, the dude just ends up startling women by being naked, shoving his junk where it doesn’t belong, etc.

I don’t know how many of these are true and how many of them are not, but I have a hard time believing the factual number is zero or close to it. That’s always been reason enough for me to not want this creep around.

This one sounds like the worst from the ones I've read. Like straight up rape rather than just sexual assault.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, NateDawg said:

He’s just so gross. 

Same. I’ve stayed out of the whole Watson shenanigans because I honestly based on what I’ve read and heard didn’t think he did anything as bad as most in here thought he did. I was angry at him in the beginning until I read the three worst accusations against him the girls recanted their statements under oath. Mind you I still would never break bread with him as I still thought at best he was a serial creep that I would never want any single woman I know date him. And I’m that type of person that believes in giving people the opportunity to repent and clean up their lives to become honest hard working individuals that can benefit society. Trust me I know individuals who have proven that can be the case. People that if you knew what they did you would be shocked that they were transformed. 

But man if these allegations are true number one I really wish that girl went to the police and gave evidence of the rape. If this is true then Watson needs to spend time with Buck Billiangham in prison and get his *** rubbed as long as he has *** sufficient enough to give. 

As always I’m still going to give this time until I hear all the facts. That article literally read like fiction. It sounds odd at best. If true maybe prison shouldn’t be the answer. Maybe a loony bin would be more appropriate. Again if true that is psyopathic behavior on his part. 

But the selfish side of me hopes that if this is true that he hopefully null and void his contract so we can terminate him and he doesn’t get all that cash and we can move on. But the human side is ok if we get the spoils of *******ary. 

14 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

Same. I’ve stayed out of the whole Watson shenanigans because I honestly based on what I’ve read and heard didn’t think he did anything as bad as most in here thought he did. I was angry at him in the beginning until I read the three worst accusations against him the girls recanted their statements under oath. Mind you I still would never break bread with him as I still thought at best he was a serial creep that I would never want any single woman I know date him. And I’m that type of person that believes in giving people the opportunity to repent and clean up their lives to become honest hard working individuals that can benefit society. Trust me I know individuals who have proven that can be the case. People that if you knew what they did you would be shocked that they were transformed. 

But man if these allegations are true number one I really wish that girl went to the police and gave evidence of the rape. If this is true then Watson needs to spend time with Buck Billiangham in prison and get his *** rubbed as long as he has *** sufficient enough to give. 

As always I’m still going to give this time until I hear all the facts. That article literally read like fiction. It sounds odd at best. If true maybe prison shouldn’t be the answer. Maybe a loony bin would be more appropriate. Again if true that is psyopathic behavior on his part. 

But the selfish side of me hopes that if this is true that he hopefully null and void his contract so we can terminate him and he doesn’t get all that cash and we can move on. But the human side is ok if we get the spoils of *******ary. 

I know it’s been beat to death here and everywhere, but accusations like this don’t come out of nowhere.

“It’s a money grab” is the common response.

If that were the case and this was just a ploy for cash, I’d wonder why it hasn’t been done elsewhere or attempted on others.  Like, literally every other time a dude is accused of sexually assaulting HALF this many women it’s all but assumed they did it.  No one is defending Harvey Weinstein, Cosby, etc., like this (well, maybe that one guy who has a lot of fans…).

Are all 27 or whatever telling the truth?  No idea. But I find it absolutely impossible to believe they’re all lying and this is just the coordinated bag getting effort we’ve ever seen and this poor fella just happened to be the victim.

I too agree people can grow and mature and change, but only if they want to. You have to own your behavior, apologize and do better.  He’s done none of that besides perhaps not assaulting folks any longer, most certainly in part due to the fact all eyes are on him now.