2025 NFL Draft Prospect Talk

broncosfan_101

On 9/13/2024 at 5:59 AM, 1234567 said:

100%. It’s been damn near 10 years and we STILL haven’t replaced Danny Trevathan. Haven’t even tried to. It’s insane. 

Well, we should have Drew Sanders back next year, a year off to study and master the defense can't hurt. He has some unique skills, can he put it all together ?

I feel we should look at an upgrade in the trenches. I would love to see DL Graham or Walker here, a solid D would be a strong support for a young offense. OT would be my 2nd choice, Bolles will need to be replaced and McGlinchey doesn't seem to be what we thought when we signed him to that huge contract. 

• Like 2

On 9/21/2024 at 11:04 AM, Cutler06 said:

Well, we should have Drew Sanders back next year, a year off to study and master the defense can't hurt. He has some unique skills, can he put it all together ?

I feel we should look at an upgrade in the trenches. I would love to see DL Graham or Walker here, a solid D would be a strong support for a young offense. OT would be my 2nd choice, Bolles will need to be replaced and McGlinchey doesn't seem to be what we thought when we signed him to that huge contract. 

I have precisely zero expectations for Sanders and I don't think we should even count on him to be around. If he comes back and contributes, great, but we do need an ILB at some point.

• 2 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, MontanaBronco said:

How early do we think Ashton Jeanty gets picked this year? 

I don’t think he’s got the physical tools to go top 10, but I think he’s just about as good of a RB prospect as you can find. The overall balance and power-to-size ratio are elite.

On 9/23/2024 at 5:57 AM, broncos67 said:

I have precisely zero expectations for Sanders and I don't think we should even count on him to be around. If he comes back and contributes, great, but we do need an ILB at some point.

You can never really count on guys transitioning to the NFL but when guys like Strnad finally come around it's worth it. 

• Like 1

Anyone know much about the top WRs this year? I haven't watched any live games but based on highlights, I don't know that Luther Burden is what we would be looking for from a 1A first round draft pick. He is fast and looked like a good route runner, but seemed more like a slot/YAC guy. Let me know if I am wrong. Anyone else I should be looking at?

I think chances are high that we either go T/WR early if elite talent is available.

7 minutes ago, MontanaBronco said:

Anyone know much about the top WRs this year? I haven't watched any live games but based on highlights, I don't know that Luther Burden is what we would be looking for from a 1A first round draft pick. He is fast and looked like a good route runner, but seemed more like a slot/YAC guy. Let me know if I am wrong. Anyone else I should be looking at?

I think chances are high that we either go T/WR early if elite talent is available.

My preference is trenches early (love the 2 Wolverine DTs but fear they will be gone by our pick)

as far as day 2 WRs I like Floyd Littles nephew out of UCLA but he’s very much like Franklin, fast as hell but has feet for hands. 

My favorite day 2 WR is Tre Harris out of Ole Miss. hes in that Sutton/Timmy Patrick mold.

Speaking of which my favorite early day three WR is Jullian Fleming out of PSU (even though it looks like he started balding in middle school) has the size, speed, and hands. High points the ball well. Willing and effective blocker. Injury red flags drop him. He’s still straight line fast but lost some of that wiggle. In the NFL I think he’ll separate about as well as Sutton but has breakaway speed. Profiles as a really good #2.

15 minutes ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

My preference is trenches early (love the 2 Wolverine DTs but fear they will be gone by our pick)

as far as day 2 WRs I like Floyd Littles nephew out of UCLA but he’s very much like Franklin, fast as hell but has feet for hands. 

My favorite day 2 WR is Tre Harris out of Ole Miss. hes in that Sutton/Timmy Patrick mold.

Speaking of which my favorite early day three WR is Jullian Fleming out of PSU (even though it looks like he started balding in middle school) has the size, speed, and hands. High points the ball well. Willing and effective blocker. Injury red flags drop him. He’s still straight line fast but lost some of that wiggle. In the NFL I think he’ll separate about as well as Sutton but has breakaway speed. Profiles as a really good #2.

Thank you sir, ill take a look as I actively avoid putting together a presentation for work. I posted this in another thread, but will be interesting to see if we decide to extend one or both of Zach Allen/Franklin-Myers going forward. Seems likely we won't be able to keep both so DT could make sense. 

4 hours ago, MontanaBronco said:

Thank you sir, ill take a look as I actively avoid putting together a presentation for work. I posted this in another thread, but will be interesting to see if we decide to extend one or both of Zach Allen/Franklin-Myers going forward. Seems likely we won't be able to keep both so DT could make sense. 

With extensions, the 1st year cap hit is often very manageable.   So I wouldn't rule out extending both.   Not that going after a difference making DT/DE isn't an option, but I wouldn't be quick to rule out both returning.

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

With extensions, the 1st year cap hit is often very manageable.   So I wouldn't rule out extending both.   Not that going after a difference making DT isn't an option, but I wouldn't be quick to rule out both returning.

Like the sound of both returning, keep the impact DE's on this team. won't we get some Cap savings from DJ Jones' departure, I really don't see us resigning him, his production has not come close to $10MM contract numbers.

Edited by Cutler06

8 minutes ago, Cutler06 said:

Like the sound of both returning, keep the impact DE's on this team. won't we get some Cap savings from DJ Jones' departure, I really don't see us resigning him, his production has not come close to $10MM contract numbers.

Yeah DJ Jones shows the hazard of big money 3rd contracts.    In theory that's the risk with JFM, but he's been playing at such a good level for several years now with no signs of decline, if he's willing to take a 3-year deal with 2 years guaranteed, and we lock up Allen to a 5-year deal with 3.5+ years, seems like a no-brainer.   The way to neutralize great O's is with interior disruption in the pass game, and being able to stymie the run game.   That's why Allen & JFM together are so valuable.    We can def afford it and frankly it makes drafting a DL our unit a strength rather than being vulnerable to a key injury (but doesn't force us to have to reach early if the value isn't there, either; we can go after developmental guys).

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, MontanaBronco said:

I don’t love the WR class after Tet McMillan, but if we got TE1 Colston Loveland in the middle of the first round, I’d be extremely satisfied. He’s more smooth than sudden. He reminds me a lot of TJ Hockenson.

• Like 1

I'd love another game-wrecking interior DL to pair with Zach Allen, something we've been missing for a while.

With a young QB though, I'd lean WR. T-mac, Hunter and Burden would all instantly upgrade this offense although we very well might be out of their range if we continue to win games. If Bolles leaves then OT is a pretty dire need..

I don't love Colston Loveland. Positional value aside, I don't think he's an elite TE. Unless we're picking in the AFC championship/SB range, I'd prefer going another route.

I would never draft a tight end in the first round. Looks like Bowers will be the exception that proves the rule but the history is pretty bad 

I would consider signing Juwan Johnson, you get the best value on tight ends after their rookie deals and I don’t think he’d be too costly.

Edited by BroncoBruin

As much as I don't love the idea, I think Jeanty has to be on the first round radar at this point. He's otherwordly right now and the guy just flat out produces. He would instantly be the best RB on this team by a country mile. But the positional value is meh. I would expect an early round RB though. Nicholas Singleton is another guy I like quite a bit.

I would actually like to see us go after someone like Mike Gesicki at TE next year. He's not a world beater, but he's instantly the TE1 and best TE we've had in some time. Mo-Alie Cox is another guy that wouldn't be a terrible addition for what he may be able to provide.

1 hour ago, broncos67 said:

As much as I don't love the idea, I think Jeanty has to be on the first round radar at this point. He's otherwordly right now and the guy just flat out produces. He would instantly be the best RB on this team by a country mile. But the positional value is meh. I would expect an early round RB though. Nicholas Singleton is another guy I like quite a bit.

I would actually like to see us go after someone like Mike Gesicki at TE next year. He's not a world beater, but he's instantly the TE1 and best TE we've had in some time. Mo-Alie Cox is another guy that wouldn't be a terrible addition for what he may be able to provide.

The FA TE we should target that Payton is almost certainly going to back is Juwan Johnson.    Real downfield / YAC ability and he’s a decent blocker as a move / inline hybrid.   

Unless NO re-signs him this fits the Payton MO.   Unlike the other NO retreads Juwan has major juice.    He also won’t command big $ either so it fits.   

If he is re-signed all bets are off but I’d lay a marker now if he hits FA he’s in DEN next year with Payton’s history.    I don’t see Gesicki because he’s an awful blocker.   Big WR masquerading as a TE.    MAC would be a better fit.    

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 2