Week 2 GDT: Jets @ Titans

9 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

brutal

Would have been a good read. Missed that one. 

Can only hope he sees that in the future. 

I think he was looking at the rush. Typical young QB ish. 

Need to see that and mature fast on the field. 

Edited by KingTitan

Overall I know I'm alone. I'm not upset. Maybe it's age. 

I see opportunities for good stuff still. 

I mean after watching Mariota led offenses or starting 1-4 and making it to the AFC championship game, I just can't be sad. Lol 

Regardless of now, I feel we have the right leadership in place and coaching staff. 

25 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I mean after watching Mariota led offenses or starting 1-4 and making it to the AFC championship game, I just can't be sad. Lol 

Regardless of now, I feel we have the right leadership in place and coaching staff. 

I’m not mad either. I knew it wasn’t goin to be a quick transition but we are honestly not far off. I think the offense is still trying to figure out the identity. Everybody on offense is pretty much brand new on top of a new offensive system.. once they start to gel we’ll start seeing better results 

• Like 1

Deep down I don't even care if Levis is the guy or not. 

If he doesn't do it, then get someone else. 

I want him to succeed because it just makes everything easier long term for the team. But if he isn't thrilled guy then get someone else. 

I'm gonna enjoy the ride. But find the guy. Easier said than done tho. 

Definitely not as bad as last week's 2nd half. The thing most frustrating to me is even though the offensive line is better than the last 2 years, there still seems to be constant pressure. I knew what NPF was and wish we would of went ahead and upgraded from him. Skoronski and Radunz both look like they have played tackle all their lives, and then got to the NFL and was told they are guards now. I want huge, nasty mauling guards and they seem like it is not natural to them. 

Ridley is fun to watch. Get Burks off the team. Sweat is already being double teamed. Ernest Jones and Kenneth Murray are such a good duo in the middle. Our secondary is light years better than last year

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KingTitan said:

Pfft. I am not stressing. Levis is making huge bonehead moves, but like, he’s making one or two plays a game that result in huge point swings. That might be fixable.

Even if it’s not, we’re four bad decision plays by Levis away from being 2-0. I thought we were gonna outright suck, at least early in the season. But we don’t. We look like a competitive team.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Daniel said:

Going through this thread in one go after the game was a wild ******* ride, lol

Why the **** are any of you surprised that Levis is still making lots of mistakes, the roster isn’t all the way there, and that we’re 0-2. Did you seriously expect us not to be?

Titans have a brutal schedule, a ton of player turnover (which historically takes a while to gel), and a staff full of newbies.

We don’t look like world beaters but there’s literally no reason to bench Levis this season or to start calling for Callahan’s head already. It achieves nothing.

There's a difference between losing and losing stupidly.

The Titans aren't getting beat because Levis got fooled by a disguised coverage and threw a pick or two like that. Titans aren't getting beat because Aaron Rodgers made some insane throw that you just can't do anything about.

I wouldn't care if Levis went out there and had a 3 interception game because the opposing defense was really good and his inexperience showed. That's gonna happen with young QBs. I wouldn't care if we lost because we had a blown coverage or messed up communication on defense because it's a brand new scheme from a brand new play caller and this defense is a lot of free agency signings, draft picks and trade pieces that haven't played together before.

We're losing because Will Levis has made some of the dumbest plays I've ever seen from a QB that has both robbed us of points and gifted them to the other team. We're losing because we can't block on punts. We're losing because Treylon Burks is a literal trash can that somehow keeps getting on the field over someone like NWI. We're losing because our offense strings together like 6 3 and outs in 7 drives and our defense can't hold up forever.

No one needs to be fired or benched(except for Burks because this is literally just him being as awful as he's been since he stepped foot in Nashville) or anything absurd/drastic. But acting as if the way we're losing is expected because our opponents have just been better or because of inexperience just isn't reality.

This team should be 2-0 with a really good chance to go 3-0 with a Malik Willis led offense coming to town, and we're not in largest part because our QB has somehow already made multiple plays that will make the "not top 10" after the NFL season is over and because we can't block on punts.

The potential "bright side" of this is if Levis can stop being an idiot and we can perform basic tasks, we can win some games this season. Squandering a chance to be 2-0 in the fashion that we have though is just a repeated punch to the gut.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

There's a difference between losing and losing stupidly.

The Titans aren't getting beat because Levis got fooled by a disguised coverage and threw a pick or two like that. Titans aren't getting beat because Aaron Rodgers made some insane throw that you just can't do anything about.

I wouldn't care if Levis went out there and had a 3 interception game because the opposing defense was really good and his inexperience showed. That's gonna happen with young QBs. I wouldn't care if we lost because we had a blown coverage or messed up communication on defense because it's a brand new scheme from a brand new play caller and this defense is a lot of free agency signings, draft picks and trade pieces that haven't played together before.

We're losing because Will Levis has made some of the dumbest plays I've ever seen from a QB that has both robbed us of points and gifted them to the other team. We're losing because we can't block on punts. We're losing because Treylon Burks is a literal trash can that somehow keeps getting on the field over someone like NWI. We're losing because our offense strings together like 6 3 and outs in 7 drives and our defense can't hold up forever.

No one needs to be fired or benched(except for Burks because this is literally just him being as awful as he's been since he stepped foot in Nashville) or anything absurd/drastic. But acting as if the way we're losing is expected because our opponents have just been better or because of inexperience just isn't reality.

This team should be 2-0 with a really good chance to go 3-0 with a Malik Willis led offense coming to town, and we're not in largest part because our QB has somehow already made multiple plays that will make the "not top 10" after the NFL season is over and because we can't block on punts.

The potential "bright side" of this is if Levis can stop being an idiot and we can perform basic tasks, we can win some games this season. Squandering a chance to be 2-0 in the fashion that we have though is just a repeated punch to the gut.

this is exactly it. and the crazy thing is levis wasn’t actually doing this **** last season. last season he *was* doing the normal rookie QB stuff- throwing a lot of interceptable passes because he made a poor read, didn’t see a backside defender, tried to force something, etc etc. this psychotic underhand toss **** is brand new. then you add on inconsistency with deep accuracy and (some) hesitancy throwing to open receivers over the middle of the field: those are things that could be issues that improve with more time in a new system, but neither of them were major issues last year, which is concerning. altogether it just looks and feels like regression and it’s cost us two very winnable games in a row.