49ers place RB Christian McCaffrey on IR; To miss at least 4 games

RaidersAreOne

15 hours ago, viking said:

CMC out another couple of months

Doesn't sound good

At least we know the 49ers have a ton of talent and can overcome this and hold it off until then.  The Shanahan/Kubiak offenses can function with just about any decent athlete with a pulse at RB, but they need some of the other injuries to clear up ASAP.  

CMC has to be one of the most fortunate RBs ever when it comes to the timing of his injuries.  All come after he's already been extended.

Easy HOF RB had he stayed healthy those years or this year.  I guess you could say that about a lot of guys, but McCaffrey's per-game/season numbers are so good. 10,505 YFS in 91 career games (84 starts).  81 TDs. 

3 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

At least we know the 49ers have a ton of talent and can overcome this and hold it off until then.  The Shanahan/Kubiak offenses can function with just about any decent athlete with a pulse at RB, but they need some of the other injuries to clear up ASAP.  

The offense is not quite as like...smooth / cohesive, but yeah, not really a problem. I think they are still like second in epa or something like that and 6th in DVOA, 5th in yards per play. But it's harder than it needs to be. It's going from elite offense to very good offense in the league, and with the defensive drop off, this is pretty big deal. Teams are really clogging up the routes (It's not a huge total, but Purdy has thrown twice as many passes against 8 man drops as the next highest in the league, for example) so everything is down field and purdy has to hold the ball forever to wait for guys to get open. 

38 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

It’s probably a 5 week ramp

I saw something that said early to mid November is likely when he'll return. But nothing would surprise me consider it went from no big deal, to out for a week, to IR, to still a couple of months out.