The Good, The Bad, The .. win?

NickButera

3 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

The GREAT 

Maxx Crosbys leadership. Went directly to Minshew after that terrible INT and installed confidence in him and let him know they have his back. Leadership is unmatched. True leader of men!

An underrated part of today's game. Crosby is the f'n man.

Lots and lots of GOOD today, but a special shout out to Brock Bowers. I think we have ourselves an elite TE in the making, boys.

Edited by Nightmare
  • Like 10

Leaving my negativity in the game day thread lol.

Good 

- Bowers is already a star. 9 for 9 on targets is absurd.

- great pivot for Minshew and Getsy in the 4th going to a passing game. The goal line call to help the struggling short yardage game. 

- Crosby but also Spillane, Jack Jones

- the ….refs? Got some fortunate calls and the team was fairly disciplined 

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

The GREAT 

Maxx Crosbys leadership. Went directly to Minshew after that terrible INT and installed confidence in him and let him know they have his back. Leadership is unmatched. True leader of men!

Maxx is the man because I was definitely MF’n Minshew after that terrible throw 😂

Unbelievable win. We had our chance to roll over and die after that Henry TD, but Adams, Bowers and yes Minshew all kept making plays to keep us in the game. Its like we finally realized late in the game that the Ravens have nobody who can guard Adams or Bowers.

i don’t know how good we are yet but to get a win against the perennially great ravens on the road overcoming adversity it feelsgoodman

• Like 8

This team could have easily given up. I didn't see any of that from anyone. I thought for sure when they went up by 10, things looked grim.

Give credit to where it's due. AP is a coach that can motivate players, and that style worked today to find a way to win. 

Minshew put the game on his shoulders to win it. Something I really don't think he can do very much...but he did it today. He forced it to Adams and Bowers and Adam's pulled down almost every contested catch. Minshew finally looked like he looked a lot of last year, at least in the second half. 

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

The GREAT 

That clip of Maxx firing up Gardner will be one to signature highlights this season

• Like 1

Who here was saying Bowers wasn’t worth the pick? That TEs aren’t worth such high picks. Does that person or those people still feel that way? If this is who he is, we’re the Raiders smart for picking him. Like I said before, after watching his tape (YouTube highlights) he’s clearly going to be a really freaking good TE/weapon.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jerry said:

Who here was saying Bowers wasn’t worth the pick? That TEs aren’t worth such high picks. Does that person or those people still feel that way? If this is who he is, we’re the Raiders smart for picking him. Like I said before, after watching his tape (YouTube highlights) he’s clearly going to be a really freaking good TE/weapon.

I believe I called him generational and "will change the way they play defense and TE". 

Good:

If we play with this style of offense every week we have a chance to win any game we play

Pierce understanding that the way he wanted to win games this year it didn't work and so he needed to just abandon that and readjust until the way he wants to win gets better

Max Crosby just being Maxx Crosby

Bad:

There's no excuse for the Minshew interception

The offensive line hasn't played very good

We still can't run consistently

Good news is we have essentially a bye week next week where if the Raiders are smart that will be JPJ's first game. Against the soft Defense rather than week four against the rugged Browns defense

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, NickButera said:

This team could have easily given up. I didn't see any of that from anyone. I thought for sure when they went up by 10, things looked grim.

Give credit to where it's due. AP is a coach that can motivate players, and that style worked today to find a way to win. 

Minshew put the game on his shoulders to win it. Something I really don't think he can do very much...but he did it today. He forced it to Adams and Bowers and Adam's pulled down almost every contested catch. Minshew finally looked like he looked a lot of last year, at least in the second half. 

56 minutes ago, NickButera said:

Game one they couldn't run the ball. At halftime I said pass to set up the run.  They didn't do it.  We lost. The same thing happened in the game today. What happened in the 4th quarter. They went to a passing game as they had no other choice. I couldn't believe how effective it was. Then when they ran the ball it worked better.  I blame much of this on AP or the offense coordinator.

I can't take this stress.  They have to get their passing game in order.  I hope we see it next game.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, agarcia34 said:

The GREAT 

• Like 3