2024 GDT Steelers 2-0 host the 2-0 Chargers

One 0 Has to Go  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Who is 3-0 after this game?

• Steelers
    • Chargers

1 minute ago, Dcash4 said:

Saw Skylar got hurt today for the Dolphins too. Wonder how that Russ Wilson paper work is going? 

I thought I remember early in the year hearing he had a no trade clause.  

Not sure id trade him unless it was a steal.  Still not sure 3 games with fields is a big enough sample size.  Not to mention who is out there to sign as a #2 QB.  A running QB is bound to get hurt. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, bigben07MVP said:

The Int was bad, poor decision, but I already believe. I'm shocked tbh that we are in the position we are. Fields has looked every bit of a bust in Chicago. So far in Pittsburgh it seems like he is playing smarter. Not every run he made today was impactful but I felt like they were more decisive and committed. 

I feel strongly he should remain the starter until he proves he shouldn't be.

1 hour ago, Blitzburgh said:

He probably does, but the only way he gets payday next year is by playing well this season. 

You can do a lot worse than Hill, Waddle, and a heck of a running game. 

I’d guess if he had the choice of playing or sitting, he would waive that no trade clause. 

• Like 2

We could pretty easily be 6-2, 7-1, even 8-0 at the bye-week/trade deadline. If that’s the case it would be criminal for Omar not to go out and land a WR2. It won’t be easy considering that pick for Fields is going to end up being a 4th, but you have to get a legit pass catcher opposite Pickens. This is assuming Roman Wilson doesn’t come in and look super promising right away. 

4 hours ago, Blitzburgh said:

Not sure id trade him unless it was a steal.  Still not sure 3 games with fields is a big enough sample size.  Not to mention who is out there to sign as a #2 QB.  A running QB is bound to get hurt. 

Yeah, there is really no reason to trade Wilson unless some team offers a day 2 pick, which isnt going to happen.   

There is a lot to like about this game.  It still amazes me how a 1st quarter missed 3rd down opportunity becomes an indictment on anything from current/former management, all levels of coaching, and the entirety of a players career and why they are not worth the contract they signed. These gdt are becoming a big hyperbolic bit. 

1 thing I haven't seen mentioned that impressed me was the half time adjustments made that lead to us putting up 270 yds to -5. I don't care what kind of injuries happened that is over the top impressive. Always hear the negative about the coaching but they deserve their flowers for that.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Big Snack said:

There is a lot to like about this game.  It still amazes me how a 1st quarter missed 3rd down opportunity becomes an indictment on anything from current/former management, all levels of coaching, and the entirety of a players career and why they are not worth the contract they signed. These gdt are becoming a big hyperbolic bit. 

1 thing I haven't seen mentioned that impressed me was the half time adjustments made that lead to us putting up 270 yds to -5. I don't care what kind of injuries happened that is over the top impressive. Always hear the negative about the coaching but they deserve their flowers for that.

Yea, -5 yards given up (is that even the right phrase when it's negative yards anymore?) is impressive regardless of who is out there on offense. Most games a college team could gain yardage (not much, but SOME) against a top NFL defense.

• Like 1