The good, the bad, the we lost to the panthers

NickButera

I want to be mad but the more you think on it, what did we really expect? Most of us knew exactly what AP was. A pure rah rah guy who the team briefly responded to after the disaster that was McDaniels. But once the emotion runs out from that, what do we have left? A LB coach with little NFL connections, which leads to having to have to hire a guy like Luke Becky and letting him have free reign on offense after he was awful in Chicago. Then we compound that mistake by bringing in Minshew, who has the pocket presence of a middle schooler and not even making an effort to resign Jacobs and now we have by far the worst QB/RB room in the league. 

AP has already reached the Mike Singletary “Cant Do It!” Part of his tenure, when he starts publicly calling out players and making threats about players jobs through the media. Only a matter of time before he gets tuned out, if it hasn’t happened already. I know Adams is ready to get the hell out of here and i dont blame him, it’s painful watching a HoF player waste away here. 

28 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Was bowers hurt? Seemed like he was barely on the field 

He was pulled to evaluate for concussion right before half, clear helmet to helmet but got PI for 6 yards instead of 15 yard penalty and Carlson then missed the kick.

he was on the field to start second half, so he was cleared… but maybe because of blow out they took it easy with him ?

17 minutes ago, #1RAIDER FAN said:

I can't say, just that there is a play where he very much so avoids contact and gives up a few more yards. When asked, AP said the "whole defense" in regards to effort.

Yeh it seems like I missed the one posted above 😀

17 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

Quite frankly I think the reason why the players banged the table for AP is because of the fact that Mark got too involved and has had bad structure for like six years. It's created a dynamic where there's no respect for the GM anymore which is had a cascading affect on the head-coaching selection process because Mark Davis has gotten involved and they know that he doesn't know anything about football so it's created a situation where they think they could pick a better candidate than him. 

I don't think they had Mark in mind at all when they were banging the table for AP. They went from McDaniels who probably ran this team like a tyrant, to AP who let the team have victory cigars after winning and gave the total opposite vibe of McDaniels. I don't think the players wanted that momentum and vibe of the team to go away after how we finished last year. I don't think Mark Davis was in mind as much as them liking AP being a players coach and letting them express themselves however they want.

I also think us not hiring Bisaccia played some part in the players speaking up. Some wanted him back and then last year the AP situation played out almost the same. They didn't want to go into the next year not riding the momentum from the end of last season is how I saw it. If you think it was about Mark Davis, then once AP is out of here (which might be sooner than later) do you expect the players to speak out again and try to influence the coaching hire in some way?

• Like 2

*All speculation *

Taking a step back, we just lost two players for season ending injuries that were on the last years of their deals. Not doubt that’s weighing on players

I’m starting to see that AP/Telesco were not on the same page for roster construction. 

AP/Kelly probably resign Jacobs and don’t sign Minshew/ Starts AOC. Telesco opted for Minshew and declared him the starter

Telesco has not extended any players on defense. Spillane and Hobbs should be extended

Telesco was also very conservative in FA after adding Wilkins and Minshew. Only other FA signing was Mattison who has been good

Not sure what Telesco is doing but there’s obvious disagreement in roster construction 

Getsey may get fired by the bye-week

However, we are still only 1-2

Edited by bucksavage1

13 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Some talk about how the Raiders punted on the season not drafting a QB. Reality is, they punted hiring Pierce. 

I'm actually glad they didn't draft a QB. Could you imagine a rookie QB under this staff? 

So far the rookie class has been rough. Look forward to see if they can rebound. Not sure what Minnesota will do with McCarthy but Darnold is young too

9 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

*All speculation *

Taking a step back, we just lost two players for season ending injuries that were on the last years of their deals. Not doubt that’s weighing on players

I’m starting to see that AP/Telesco were not on the same page for roster construction. 

AP/Kelly probably resign Jacobs and don’t sign Minshew/ Starts AOC. Telesco opted for Minshew and declared him the starter

Telesco has not extended any players on defense. Spillane and Hobbs should be extended

Telesco was also very conservative in FA after adding Wilkins and Minshew. Only other FA signing was Mattison who has been good

Not sure what Telesco is doing but there’s obvious disagreement in roster construction 

Getsey may get fired by the bye-week

However, we are still only 1-2

So..... going to try to blame Telesco and make AP the victim because you bought into the rah rah and cheese with him?

You can see AP has no business coaching a professional team. Look at the decisions he's making out there. 

• Like 3