The good, the bad, the we lost to the panthers

NickButera

Just now, big_palooka said:

That's on you my man. How many weeks until he looses the locker room?

Not sure anything is a poorer reflection on a head coach than guys having their effort questioned in the home opener coming off of a big road win. Not good. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TLO said:

Not sure anything is a poorer reflection on a head coach than guys having their effort questioned in the home opener coming off of a big road win. Not good. 

I wonder who he was talking about?  sounds like a couple players are on their way out possibly this week.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NickButera said:

Any respectable business can't do that. It would make the organization worse than the HC's performance. Cannot just fire a guy a few games in after you've hired them. Need to wait out this year, see if he can truly build anything worthwhile for the season while trying to develop your young players. There's absolutely nothing to be gained by firing him in the middle of the season. Only more things to be lost. 

And if it remains this way, Davis has all the proof he needs to make a logical conclusion that's unarguable. 

I would argue that we aren't a respectable business right now to start with and haven't been one in quite some time though. 

As far as league perception is concerned, I can't buy into the idea that anyone thought us making AP the permanent HC was anything but the most amateur of moves, particularly with how the "search" was conducted. It was a sham, one that we just hoped would actually work and would look like a stroke of genius. Then everything else went wrong. 

We heard the same excuses for McDaniels despite the early and numerous giant warning signs, and we stuck it out. We've been Jack clinging to the door telling Rose it'll  be ok ever since. At some point, you have to admit a mistake was made, as a reputable business would do. 

Jacksonville realized the mistake with Urban Meyer and cut bait. They've since stabilized into a franchise the league and sports media love to pull for. And before anyone says "but he kicked a kicker and fiddled diddles with a student", if Jacksonville was winning and playing good football, nothing would've been done by a league that allows Deshaun Watson and Rashee Rice to suit up on Sundays. Urban was a disaster for Jacksonville not because of his off field nonsense, but because the guy was a horrible NFL HC and was clearly out of his depth. 

I'd argue Davis tried to fix a bad decision with another bad decision and would be best served admitting said bad decision was made and making immediate changes towards correcting said bad decisions. We've tried the "let's give this obvious cluster enough time to do the improbable if not impossible" route already and it led us to even more unsurprisingly bad results. Respectable businesses may double down on a streak of bad choices, but disrespectable businesses triple down on them and let things continue to.go off the rail to avoid some momentary embarrassment. 

Ugh brutal game to be at.

ugly ugly ugly.

we took them lightly, thought we could fix the run game this week against them. 

We are not a run team. We pay Adams more than our entire RB room, lol.

if we wanted to be a run team we probably should’ve paid Jacobs. 

dumb. Every drive first two runs up the middle. 
They didn’t respect the panthers and got smacked.

how the hell do the raiders still take teams lightly.

• Like 3

Just now, big_palooka said:

Preaching culture and already talking like this 3 weeks in. Not a good look. Honeymoon long over. 

This. The team was supposed to be playing hard for Pierce but 3 weeks in they’ve packed it in? If Pierce can’t win with culture he is cooked because it’s not Xs and Os.

Bad 

• Trash defense 
  • Trash decision making
    • Not playing JPJ & Glaze until players were hurt
    • Using Minshew as a scapegoat for why there was only one pass attempt each drive
    • Calling Arend play on third and seven with the expectation to go for it on fourth down
    • Punting the ball down 20
    • Tyree Wilson
    • Running the ball early in the game when the defense wasn't stopping anyone

Did i miss anything?

Just now, #1RAIDER FAN said:

This. The team was supposed to be playing hard for Pierce but 3 weeks in they’ve packed it in? If Pierce can’t win with culture he is cooked because it’s not Xs and Os.

Exactly. A lot of people bought into the cheesy culture stuff with AP. It got him hired. He has no other tools in the bag. This offense is on his poor decision to hire Getsy.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Preaching culture and already talking like this 3 weeks in. Not a good look. Honeymoon long over. 

I think we can all glean one of those guys he's talking about is Adams. 

Adams carries respect. 

I wish he'd just flat out say "This staff is a joke and, yeah, I made a business decision for myself". 

Maybe then the circus act can be seen for the dead end it is. 

11 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

I would argue that we aren't a respectable business right now to start with and haven't been one in quite some time though. 

As far as league perception is concerned, I can't buy into the idea that anyone thought us making AP the permanent HC was anything but the most amateur of moves, particularly with how the "search" was conducted. It was a sham, one that we just hoped would actually work and would look like a stroke of genius. Then everything else went wrong. 

We heard the same excuses for McDaniels despite the early and numerous giant warning signs, and we stuck it out. We've been Jack clinging to the door telling Rose it'll  be ok ever since. At some point, you have to admit a mistake was made, as a reputable business would do. 

Jacksonville realized the mistake with Urban Meyer and cut bait. They've since stabilized into a franchise the league and sports media love to pull for. And before anyone says "but he kicked a kicker and fiddled diddles with a student", if Jacksonville was winning and playing good football, nothing would've been done by a league that allows Deshaun Watson and Rashee Rice to suit up on Sundays. Urban was a disaster for Jacksonville not because of his off field nonsense, but because the guy was a horrible NFL HC and was clearly out of his depth. 

I'd argue Davis tried to fix a bad decision with another bad decision and would be best served admitting said bad decision was made and making immediate changes towards correcting said bad decisions. We've tried the "let's give this obvious cluster enough time to do the improbable if not impossible" route already and it led us to even more unsurprisingly bad results. Respectable businesses may double down on a streak of bad choices, but disrespectable businesses triple down on them and let things continue to.go off the rail to avoid some momentary embarrassment. 

You can't fire the owner

• Like 2