Brett Favre reveals he has Parkinson’s

Soko

Terrible news and made me think about if I had it or a loved one. The article I read said it affects about 500,000 Americans and I thought no way...Has to be more than that because I've known so many myself...Park/Dem/Lou's/Alz/Cancer they all suck!

How this affects football over the years is if Favre is seen going downhill fast then more players might leave the game early trying to stay healthier than an extra few more seasons. Aaron Donald comes to mind. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AngusMcFife said:

Sad news.

To me, Brett Favre is a great example to counter the claim that QBs need to be smart to be great. If Brett Favre can be a top-10 all time QB, then there are no lower limits on intelligence for the QB position.

And I'm not saying anything about him as a person or whatever

Yeah. Sure you're not. Stay classy. Anyway....

Football cannot cause this condition FYI. I can't speak to what bad things he has or hasn't done in his life, but feeling pretty sure he doesn't deserve this. 

Edited by bomont
  • Like 1

On 9/24/2024 at 10:19 PM, bomont said:

Yeah. Sure you're not. Stay classy. Anyway....

Football cannot cause this condition FYI. I can't speak to what bad things he has or hasn't done in his life, but feeling pretty sure he doesn't deserve this. 

Would you say DeShaun Watson or Aaron Hernandez (if he were still alive) deserve it?

2 hours ago, Football_Bachelor08 said:

Sympathy goes out the window once you committ murder. At that point, no punishment is too severe as far as I'm concerned.

And when an innocent person is convicted of murder? 

The point is to have sympathy for what led up to the conditions of murder while still realizing they're a terrible person for what they chose to do.

When you murder other people who commit murder, you are no better than the murderers. 

Anyway football. MURDER IS BAD.

Brett Favre deserves some sympathy as well since while he makes terrible choices and we can all sympathize with making terrible life choices. (Brett Favre's was not pulling out which led to his welfare fraud)

13 minutes ago, Xmad said:

The point is to have sympathy for what led up to the conditions of murder while still realizing they're a terrible person for what they chose to do.

When you murder other people who commit murder, you are no better than the murderers. 

Brett Favre deserves some sympathy as well since while he makes terrible choices and we can all sympathize with making terrible life choices. (Brett Favre's was not pulling out which led to his welfare fraud)

Dexter Morgan would disagree...

16 minutes ago, Xmad said:

Yeah, I don't subscribe to this bleeding heart level of thinking. If I had killed Dahmer or Ramirez, do you seriously think that'd put me on the same level as someone who murders children?

15 minutes ago, Football_Bachelor08 said:

Yeah, I don't subscribe to this bleeding heart level of thinking. If I had killed Dahmer or Ramirez, do you seriously think that'd put me on the same level as someone who murders children?

You kill a killer the number of killers doesn't decrease. It's simple math. 

23 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Dexter Morgan would disagree...

AND dexter ended terribly. Really need to re-watch that. 

Meh you can fantasize about murdering people all you want doesn't change the fact you're still a murderer. 

Also vigilante justice just gets us the crazy whackos trying to kill vigilantes. 

ANYWAY.

Brett Favre really needs a much better PR guy cause holy **** he's struggling. 

On 9/24/2024 at 9:21 PM, lancerman said:

Kind of amazing how far his reputation has fallen that him getting Parkinsons has at best a mixed reaction. 

I remember when he was the lovable old guard in the league that people were amazed was still going.

Well, stealing money from the poorest people in America will change people's thoughts about you.