Week 4 GDT - Denver at New York Jets

AnAngryAmerican

I hate it when the Broncos play in New Jersey.  I have seen some of the Broncos' greatest teams go in there to play some of the Jets or Giant's worst teams go in there and lose.   I am still bitter about the 1998 team that when in there and lost tot he Giants when we were on pace of going undefeated.  

• Like 2

Was contemplating going to this game, but my daughter turns 2 on Saturday so it'll be a big weekend of festivities.

That said, somewhat happy to watch from home as Jets fans are a wild bunch. Hard to tell what will happen. I wouldn't say I am super confident because the Jets offense suddenly looks capable of being a wagon, but I do think we can cause them some issues. Defensively we are going to need to force at least a turnover to be competitive. Would love to see an early lead to prevent the Jets from leaning on Hall/Allen.

I'll say we lose by 10 on a late FG. Jets 27 Denver 17

• Like 1

13 hours ago, lomaxgrUK said:

This is actually awesome, for anyone who has the time to watch it.

Omg I originally thought who tf is this random HS teacher who is talking about football? Then I realized it was Gruden haha. Btw "Brandon Browning" on IR had me cracking up!

Actually good video though I agree. Really shows the differences in styles with the two coaches and teams and gives good points to look for in the game!

On 9/27/2024 at 1:54 AM, rcpbawler said:

I think it's a little too early to call it but they're certainly trending that way. PS2 is inarguably a top 3 CB and Jaquan has played like one of the best NB for almost a year now. Moss has had his ups and downs but has looked more than competent as CB2. He's going to get tested a lot this season so hope he holds up there.

Sure it is, but as you say it seems to be a trend. It's really hard to figure out what they're doing from watching a few highlights but it's a strange blend of coverage and pass rush. Strange because not many teams have the personnel to do it. hard to call a sack a coverage sack when we're sending 5 guys but thats what they appear to be. Just no place to go with the ball with only 5 or 6 in coverage.

Lots of fun from  where I'm sitting. We've added some good personnel, Moss is figuring it out and I think our new coaches, Cain and Leonhard might have a lot to do with it.

big test against  Rodgers. That should tell us something. Oh yeah, are we going into the dime much? It doesn't look like it from the few replays I've seen. 

3 hours ago, AKRNA said:

Sure it is, but as you say it seems to be a trend. It's really hard to figure out what they're doing from watching a few highlights but it's a strange blend of coverage and pass rush. Strange because not many teams have the personnel to do it. hard to call a sack a coverage sack when we're sending 5 guys but thats what they appear to be. Just no place to go with the ball with only 5 or 6 in coverage.

Lots of fun from  where I'm sitting. We've added some good personnel, Moss is figuring it out and I think our new coaches, Cain and Leonhard might have a lot to do with it.

big test against  Rodgers. That should tell us something. Oh yeah, are we going into the dime much? It doesn't look like it from the few replays I've seen. 

Give VJ credit. He appears to have taken zone blitz concepts and applied them to the backend. I’ve seen them run cover 2 out of pre snap looks that look like cover 0, cover 1, cover 2, and cover 6. I’ve also seen them run a cover 6 where McMillian drops to cover the deep safety spot and Jones comes down to play the under zone (his INT last week appeared to be this).

what you see pre snap is not what you see post snap. And it’s working 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

Give VJ credit. He appears to have taken zone blitz concepts and applied them to the backend. I’ve seen them run cover 2 out of pre snap looks that look like cover 0, cover 1, cover 2, and cover 6. I’ve also seen them run a cover 6 where McMillian drops to cover the deep safety spot and Jones comes down to play the under zone (his INT last week appeared to be this).

what you see pre snap is not what you see post snap. And it’s working 

Good stuff! 

I have been impressed with VJ but it's more than just scheme. Our personnel are quite a bit better than I thought, better than anyone thought actually. Anyway, it's lots of fun. Not many teams can run this stuff and be successful. I read the other day that we're leading the league in blitz percentage but also lead the league in fewest pass completions over 20 yards (1). Those two rarely if ever go together.