Classic films that don't appeal to you

2 hours ago, Football_Bachelor08 said:

I've never been able to sit through Blade Runner entirely without something else distracting me at some point. It's not that the film doesn't have artistic merit, I just find the movie boring. Maybe that's shallow but that's how I feel.

What do you think of these movies then?  It could be you just dislike detective thrillers or Neo-Noir films.  

Glengarry Glen Ross
Blood Simple
True Romance
Dark City
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2011)
A Girl Walks Home Alone at Night
Se7en
Suspiria
The Pelican Brief
Devil in a Blue Dress
Brick
Cape Fear (1991)
To Live and Die in LA
Sin City
Bound
Insomnia
Drive
Videodrome (1983)

PS there is no way Blade Runner is more boring that 2001 Space Odyssey!  

Strange thing is also Lolita freaking sucks honestly as a film, pretty damn lame I thought especially for Kubrick.  I would say that one for sure.

Chinatown I find oddly bad for as much hype as it gets, have not ever really made it through the entire thing but the parts I have seen never really even kept my interest.  

53 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

Wizard of Oz

Blade runner

Citizen kane

I agree with Citizen Kane.

Wizard of Oz is so creative and unique it is still very up there, not to mention having arguably the best song in any motion picture!  Probably is the best original song made for a film ever.  

4 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

Chinatown

Once Upon A Time in the West

Dark Knight (modern classic according to most)

Deliverance

I watched Once Upon A Time in the West again, honestly that movie visually is pretty awesome, the sound just messes with you though.  If the audio was more correct and was not so dumbed over and out of sync it would be outstanding.  Those first 10 minutes or so are awesome, but yes the movie should be about 1 hour shorter than what it is honestly.  And the harmonic seems odd over and over, especially when it does not sound like a harmonic really.  

Deliverance is creepy of course, it is odd and unsettling but yeah not some classic one can watch over and over and love it...  So to me it kind of is what it is supposed to be, a one or two time view of it.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Wizard of Oz is so creative and unique it is still very up there, not to mention having arguably the best song in any motion picture!  Probably is the best original song made for a film ever.  

I like the song from 2001 better though i admit that the movie is pretty boring

Edited by Malfatron

If you don't like Chinatown just watch Who Framed Roger Rabbit. 🤙

Chinatown was supposed to be a trilogy and Roger Rabbit is a parody of the third.

I have a particular hatred for Easy Rider. Movie sucks, characters suck, the message sucks and the culture sucks.

Edited by nagahide13
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Malfatron said:

I like the song from 2001 better though i admit that the movie is pretty boring

Not sure 2001 A Space Odyssey theme music is considered a song, yes it is one of the most iconic musical scores of all time but not sure it is a song.  

"A song is a musical composition performed by the human voice. The voice often carries the melody (a series of distinct and fixed pitches) using patterns of sound and silence."

13 hours ago, nagahide13 said:

If you don't like Chinatown just watch Who Framed Roger Rabbit. 🤙

Chinatown was supposed to be a trilogy and Roger Rabbit is a parody of the third.

I have a particular hatred for Easy Rider. Movie sucks, characters suck, the message sucks and the culture sucks.

Was Chinatown an adaptation? Or was Roger Rabbit based on the 3rd act of Chinatown? Haven’t seen RR since I was a kid and don’t remember 

2 hours ago, FinneasGage said:

Was Chinatown an adaptation? Or was Roger Rabbit based on the 3rd act of Chinatown? Haven’t seen RR since I was a kid and don’t remember 

Yeah it's based on the unfilmed third act. It was going to be called "cloverleaf". The entire arc of public transportation and entire parts of Los Angeles being destroyed by a corrupt system/company to make way for the freeway system. It's all there!

• Like 1