Classic films that don't appeal to you

22 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Yeah 2001 is a tough watch, tried so many times when I was younger to watch it straight through.

Scarface is a terrible movie, think most people who watch a lot of movies agree with that though.

Scarface is a rough movie overall, but it has like 4-5 fantastic scenes.

The end

Tracking the one dude through the refugee camp

The car scene

Killing his boss to take over scene (The World is Yours!)

But then it's interspliced with some of the cringest 80's cheese imaginable, lol. It's still a movie I like to watch about once a decade.

Glengarry Glen Ross is one of the most underrated films. This despite real estate and tangible aspects in the film being very 80s or 90s. The film acts like the play on stage which it was and additionally saying I’d been one of the very earliest comparers of it being similar to Reservoir Dogs.

Edited by PurpleLion

9 hours ago, Scottish_Viking said:

Shocked to see the French Connection brought up. Absolute classic with arguably the best car chase scene in movie history.

Bullitt car chase > French Connection car chase, although I really didn't like either movie.

On 9/29/2024 at 12:06 AM, Kiltman said:

Yeah 2001 is a tough watch, tried so many times when I was younger to watch it straight through.

Scarface is a terrible movie, think most people who watch a lot of movies agree with that though.

I have seen thousands of films and Scarface is easily one of the best movies ever.  Really Scarface?  Yeah maybe the original but the Al Pacino 1983 version is freaking iconic.  The visual shots in that film are some of the best all time.  Yeah they swear a lot, who cares, it is a super cool story and Al Pacino does an amazing job with the character!

Amazing background for an office showdown...

scarface-close-up.jpg

The mirrors in the club scenes were great

scarface-movies-1.png?format=2500w

Michelle Pfeiffer with that amazing look

michelle-pfeiffer-scarface.jpg

The final scene with those stairs, amazing gun scene

screen-shot-2017-12-31-at-13-15-241.png

Love that hair, and fits the entire vibe of the film, great side plot with Tony's sister.  

ea5d6841c048f768c9c45226714d4143.jpg

Awesome shot here as well

11.jpg

That helicopter scene was sweet also

SCARFACE-8.jpg

And that bad guy speech is iconic!  One of the best villain speeches in film history honestly, super cool

The intro scene to the film is iconic and as well, never really showing the police as the camera for the first few minutes, circles Tony, scar on his face and he has the look of a caged tiger

Freaking amazing film!  Absolutely no way it is one of the most overrated/not appealing classic films of all time.  It is absolutely legit!  Outstanding film and fun to watch.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ozzy said:

I have seen thousands of films and Scarface is easily one of the best movies ever.  Really Scarface?  Yeah maybe the original but the Al Pacino 1983 version is freaking iconic.  The visual shots in that film are some of the best all time.  Yeah they swear a lot, who cares, it is a super cool story and Al Pacino does an amazing job with the character!

Amazing background for an office showdown...

scarface-close-up.jpg

The mirrors in the club scenes were great

scarface-movies-1.png?format=2500w

Michelle Pfeiffer with that amazing look

michelle-pfeiffer-scarface.jpg

The final scene with those stairs, amazing gun scene

screen-shot-2017-12-31-at-13-15-241.png

Love that hair, and fits the entire vibe of the film, great side plot with Tony's sister.  

ea5d6841c048f768c9c45226714d4143.jpg

Awesome shot here as well

11.jpg

That helicopter scene was sweet also

SCARFACE-8.jpg

And that bad guy speech is iconic!  One of the best villain speeches in film history honestly, super cool

The intro scene to the film is iconic and as well, never really showing the police as the camera for the first few minutes, circles Tony, scar on his face and he has the look of a caged tiger

Freaking amazing film!  Absolutely no way it is one of the most overrated/not appealing classic films of all time.  It is absolutely legit!  Outstanding film and fun to watch.  

If it helps i felt the same sting with every Blade Runner mention ha