Should we trade Davante Adams?

NYRaider

Should we trade Adams?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Trade Adams?

• Yes
    • No

20 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

There's no way Buffalo could make it work?

Depending on what they'd offer, I'd eat enough of the cap space and restructure whatever needs to be done to make it work. 

They have a loaded roster with very few holes. The Bills may actually cough up a 1st since it would almost assuredly be somewhere between pick 29 and 32, essentially a glorified 2nd rounder as far as they'd be concerned. Then again, I've been told by credible sources that the Vikings have no holes whatsoever, so they may cough up a 1st too. 

3 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Depending on what they'd offer, I'd eat enough of the cap space and restructure whatever needs to be done to make it work. 

They have a loaded roster with very few holes. The Bills may actually cough up a 1st since it would almost assuredly be somewhere between pick 29 and 32, essentially a glorified 2nd rounder as far as they'd be concerned. Then again, I've been told by credible sources that the Vikings have no holes whatsoever, so they may cough up a 1st too. 

Adams could potentially put the Bills over the top. Not sure that it makes sense for Minny, they already have a ton of weapons in the passing game. Cowboys desperately need another weapon too

No we shouldn’t trade him imho.  

He’s worth more to us than he would garner in a trade. He would be immeasurably helpful to a rookie QB which I think everyone wants to do. We could probably get a 2nd rounder for him and save a pile of cap space but who trusts us to draft a bona fide replacement? We could end up trading him for Jimmy Garoppolo and Tyree Wilson for example 😂

I couldn’t care less if he wants ‘a ring’, all players do don’t they? He’s playing for his childhood team and earning tens of millions, a literal dream for 99% of us.

I also think his style of play which doesn’t rely on being bigger, faster, stronger but on being smart, bring a great route technician and nuance will last really well and he’ll be a top receiver for a few more years albeit with maybe the deep threat diminishing. Because he’s such a great technician I think he’d be a great influence in younger receivers we’d bring in too and cornerbacks going against him. I think we’re underestimating his impact honestly.

Obviously if we had someone offer a crazy amount then you’d bite but I don’t think that would be the case.

Edited by Darbsk
  • Like 3

I'm not trading him unless I get a 1st round pick. If someone wants him then make them offer what Adams is worth. Don't just trade him away because we want to... trade him if someone is asking for him. If we trade him away for a mid round pick we'd be idiots.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, raidersedge said:

I would 100% trade him, we're not going anywhere. Raiders offense will need a complete rebuild in the off-season. New OC, QB,RB, OL and multiple WRs. We need more picks for sure.

I get that you think rebuild is the way to go, and to do that we need assets. Howeve, say for example we drafted a QB in the 2025 draft and we traded away Adams and guys like Miller and possibly Mayer, Meyers wouldn’t that just put a rookie QB on a complete liability if a team and potentially ruin him? Wouldn’t we be better trading away future assets and using those if we needed to trade up for a QB so he can be eased into an already competent team.

I think most agree here we’re a QB and a few pieces away, I’d much rather keep what we have and trade a few future picks to get the QB, possibly RB or OLine etc. that would make the team a place where a rookie QB is not running for his life and has competent support pieces? Throwing a rookie QB in on a completely rebuilding team historically hasn’t fared that well for obvious reasons.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

I get that you think rebuild is the way to go, and to do that we need assets. Howeve, say for example we drafted a QB in the 2025 draft and we traded away Adams and guys like Miller and possibly Mayer, Meyers wouldn’t that just put a rookie QB on a complete liability if a team and potentially ruin him? Wouldn’t we be better trading away future assets and using those if we needed to trade up for a QB so he can be eased into an already competent team.

I think most agree here we’re a QB and a few pieces away, I’d much rather keep what we have and trade a few future picks to get the QB, possibly RB or OLine etc. that would make the team a place where a rookie QB is not running for his life and has competent support pieces? Throwing a rookie QB in on a completely rebuilding team historically hasn’t fared that well for obvious reasons.

This, we would need to add WR to the list of needs for next year as well. Unless we get a 1st (unlikely) then I’d keep DA. We will need him to bring along the rookie QB assuming we go that way. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Tank4Drake said:

We should have traded him in the offseason when he had more value. A team like the Bills or Jets would have gave up a 1st imo. Now he’s probably worth a 2nd and 6th topps… which ends up being a terrible investment for us. He’s almost 32 so a team is gonna get a year and a half of elite production at most and they know that. 

But yes… we should trade him. Not yet. Let’s see how bad we are after the next two games. 

Where does he end up?

He's a depreciating asset for sure. But a team who thinks he's the missing piece to a Super Bowl run could pay up. We've seen the Rams do it with several vets. So best case is a late 1 maybe.  

4 hours ago, raidersedge said:

I would 100% trade him, we're not going anywhere. Raiders offense will need a complete rebuild in the off-season. New OC, QB,RB, OL and multiple WRs. We need more picks for sure.

Jacobi has another year left on his deal he profiles as a really solid number 2. Tre Tucker still on a rookie deal. The team would need a new number 1 obviously. Looking at 2025 free agents it’s bare only Tee Higgins 

5 hours ago, Dessie said:

This, we would need to add WR to the list of needs for next year as well. Unless we get a 1st (unlikely) then I’d keep DA. We will need him to bring along the rookie QB assuming we go that way

I don't think Adams needs to be here for that, tbh. 

Best case scenario, a rookie has him for 1 year but winds up over-relying on Adams' star power. Worst case scenario, Adams winds up totally malcontent and it does nobody any good. 

Meyers, Tucker, and Bowers are already a solid core group for a rookie. There's bound to be others to add as well to beef it up. I'd rather the rookie focus on building chemistry with guys he'll be playing a while with. It's not like a QB is going to catapult us into Super Bowl or Bust territory. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Darbsk said:

I don't think we need a 100% rebuild and I don't really think Adams' status with us is the deciding factor in rebuilding. 

If we do trade Adams, we're gonna be tanking. Whatever Adams nets us can go somewhere.

Hypothetical: 

We get a top 7 pick and go QB. There's QBOTF. 

Say Adams nets us a 2nd and no picks are used to move up for a QB. 

OT and WR with the 2 2nd rounders. 

Offense winds up

QB-R1 QBOTF + some FA or whoever we retain. 

RB- White/Mattison/Laube

WR- Meyers, Tucker, R2 as top 3

TE: Bowers, Mayer (unless we trade him then who knows what we may add) 

OT- Glaze, R2

OG- JPJ, Parham

OC- James 

OL floater- Munford

For a rookie QB, that's really not a trash unit, even without Adams Miller, and maybe Mayer. If we're able to accumulate picks for all 3, going QB+WR or QB+OT in round 1 wouldn't be off the table either. 

As far as offense goes, that still resembles a retooling more than a rebuild to me. 

But say we stuck with R1, R2, R2 on offense. That also still leaves R3, R4, R5, R6, R7 + Miller comp + Mayer comp to play around with on defense or filling out offensive depth. 

If we were expecting to compete for a SB next year, it'd be too much turnover. But if we're starting a 3-4 year clock in 2025, I'd say that's a very solid starting point.

1 hour ago, ronjon1990 said:

I don't think we need a 100% rebuild and I don't really think Adams' status with us is the deciding factor in rebuilding. 

If we do trade Adams, we're gonna be tanking. Whatever Adams nets us can go somewhere.

Hypothetical: 

Offense winds up

RB- White/Mattison/Laube

OT- Glaze, R2

OG- JPJ, Parham

OC- James 

OL floater- Munford

For a rookie QB, that's really not a trash unit, even without Adams Miller, and maybe Mayer. If we're able to accumulate picks for all 3, going QB+WR or QB+OT in round 1 wouldn't be off the table either. 

As far as offense goes, that still resembles a retooling more than a rebuild to me. 

But say we stuck with R1, R2, R2 on offense. That also still leaves R3, R4, R5, R6, R7 + Miller comp + Mayer comp to play around with on defense or filling out offensive depth. 

If we were expecting to compete for a SB next year, it'd be too much turnover. But if we're starting a 3-4 year clock in 2025, I'd say that's a very solid starting point.

Yeh, I wouldn’t be against a structured and organised ‘refreshing’ rather than rebuild, I still think Adams adds more for a rookie than we could probably get in the 2nd round but I’m wholly against trading away all our best assets and then dumping a rookie QB into that mess.

Doesn’t make sense to trade Adams this season. We would get penalized with a 23.5 Million Dead cap hit for 2025. Significantly harm the team to make roster improvements. That’s a couple of starters 

Adams could get traded in the offseason as his cap number gets to 44M  for the next two seasons. Either a restructure or trade will occur. Wait until after June 1st and it is only an 7M dead cap it. 

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/las-vegas-raiders

Edited by bucksavage1

6 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Hypothetical: 

Offense winds up

RB- White/Mattison/Laube

OT- Glaze, R2

OG- JPJ, Parham

OC- James 

OL floater- Munford

why would get rid of Kolton Miller and keep Zeus?  I would keep Tae unless we get a 1st.