• Jets
    • Patriots
    • Ravens
    • Chiefs
    • Cowboys
    • Bills
    • 49ers
    • Other
  2. 2. What value does he roughly return?

• 1st rounder
    • A combination of 2nd/3rd rounders
    • A player going back
    • Conditional / late round picks
    • Other

3 hours ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

If he was getting traded to the Ravens he wouldn’t post a pic of Poe. He’d just get traded to the Ravens. He could be using us to put pressure on the Jets. I’m not going to get excited about this.

I think this is halfway correct. I don't think he's doing it to put pressure on teams. I think he's just messing with the media and fans. He's mocking the cyptic tweets player's put out and the sensationalism they cause.

Just a guess!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I can’t imagine the Raiders are planning on using much (if any) of the cap room they have left, so might as well eat a bunch of his salary and try to incentivize teams to offer, creating competition which hopefully drives up compensation.

21 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

I can’t imagine the Raiders are planning on using much (if any) of the cap room they have left, so might as well eat a bunch of his salary and try to incentivize teams to offer, creating competition which hopefully drives up compensation.

I agree, but doesn't cap space roll over to next year? It wouldn't be just a 2024 cap issue then, it would lower rolled over cap to 2025

7 minutes ago, raidersedge said:

Only reason this deal isn't done is because the Jets are in London. I'm sure the Saints and maybe even the Ravens are in play but the Raiders are just waiting on the Jets because that's where Adams wants to be.

I'd be more interested in winning a Super Bowl than playing with Rodgers again. Following his friends is what got him in the situation he's in now.

Wonder if there's any chance the results of this weekends games have an impact on the situation if say the Jets unravel against the Vikings and the Ravens continue to roll against the Bengals. 

I thought about that. If the Jets get wrecked in London, honestly I'm not sure the Jets are that much better than the Raiders. If he really wants to win a Super Bowl his best bet is Ravens or Bills. Raiders won't deal him to the Chiefs. Adams is funny though, I know he wants to win but he's actually kinda stat crazy. He knows with Rodgers he will get a ton of targets.

I guess Washington is a big sleeper team. Which is great news for the Raiders, I was thinking it will probably end up being a 3rd rounder but if some of these key teams win this weekend and multiple teams want Adams, price will go up.

2 hours ago, raidersedge said:

Only reason this deal isn't done is because the Jets are in London. I'm sure the Saints and maybe even the Ravens are in play but the Raiders are just waiting on the Jets because that's where Adams wants to be.

I don't think Las Vegas is interested in appeasing Davante Adams.  I think they're interested in hitting their price tag, which is a SRP+.  If that is the Jets, so be it.  If that's the Saints, so be it.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Nightmare said:

Unless the Raiders are spending money to extend their own guys (paging @MrOaktown_56), it'd make sense to eat down Adams' contract to maximize his trade value.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RaidersAreOne said:

As a fantasy owner that may be the worst spot for him lol, besides Cleveland I suppose. But at the end of the day whoever gives us the best pick will get him.

They need another receiver, but the line is a real issue there. If they can't get the line to hold up, and can't start running more effectively, I'm not sure how much of a difference Adams makes.