Monday Night Football: New Orleans Saints (2-2) @ Kansas City Chiefs (4-0)

Monday Night Football: New Orleans Saints (2-2) @ Kansas City Chiefs (4-0)  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Tonight's winner

• Saints
    • Chiefs

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/08/2024 at 12:30 AM

1 minute ago, Football_Bachelor08 said:

Yeah I'm sure it's only a strange coincidence that they just happen to benefit more from questionable calls/non-calls at a rate far exceeding every other team in the league.

Which is more likely, fans are biased, or there's a conspiracy all refs are in on?

We lost a TD to a holding call. Why call that if they're trying to call penalties to benefit us? Why not call the first DPI against Worthy?

People see what they want to see. Like, you state this so confidently, do you watch all the games? Do you have statistics for how many bad calls go for/against each team? Or are you just going on how it feels?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Football_Bachelor08 said:

Yeah I'm sure it's only a strange coincidence that they just happen to benefit more from questionable calls/non-calls at a rate far exceeding every other team in the league.

The Rock Eye Roll GIF by WWE

• Like 1

League needs to do something about PI. The variance is becoming too large. It's the new holding.

We don't need it called more when there is minor or incidental contact. I'd prefer it if the threshold was relaxed substantially. We need it called when is blatant.

Reffing is a tough job. I get it. But if it's that tough some new avenue needs to be explored.

Edited by nagahide13
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Forge said:

Seems bad

I remember being very confused when they hired him. He hasn't done terribly with the Saints, I'd say they've performed more or less to their talent level these past few years. But he was atrocious in Oakland.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Forge said:

Seems bad

I’m honestly okay with the job he’s doing, his defenses are generally legit. This team has serious cap issues and their money is tied to old vets. Old vets can’t stay healthy. 

A team living on borrowed time from a previous regime. Bringing in Carr was a mistake though, hopefully Rattler develops behind him well.

Edited by Chiefer

4 hours ago, nagahide13 said:

League needs to do something about PI. The variance is becoming too large. It's the new holding.

We don't need it called more when there is minor or incidental contact. I'd prefer it if the threshold was relaxed substantially. We need it called when is blatant.

Reffing is a tough job. I get it. But if it's that tough some new avenue needs to be explored.

100%

Was watching RedZone the other day and it just felt like if the QB threw into the Endzone and it wasn't a TD he was getting a DPI flag

Maybe it's a response to the relative lack of points through the first 4 weeks. Which would be stupid.

10 hours ago, nagahide13 said:

Incidental contact used to be getting tripped up while running in phase. I'm not exactly sure what is now as they let Reid cut directly into Shaheeds path last night and also deemed that incidental contact. 

But then they'll call a minor tug on McDuffie on a play nowhere near him.

It's just bad.

12 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

Which is more likely, fans are biased, or there's a conspiracy all refs are in on?

We lost a TD to a holding call. Why call that if they're trying to call penalties to benefit us? Why not call the first DPI against Worthy?

People see what they want to see. Like, you state this so confidently, do you watch all the games? Do you have statistics for how many bad calls go for/against each team? Or are you just going on how it feels?

So fans of other teams are biased...but you and other Chiefs fans are magically immune to bias. Gotcha. 

• Like 1