Week 6 Thread: (4-1) Commanders at (3-2) Ravens - 1 PM on CBS

3 hours ago, offbyone said:

So for this game, do we need to change our nickel and dime default defense in order to contain Lamar and stop the run?

I don't think Lamar and the Ravens are stoppable . We'll just have to outscore them .

Edited by RSkinGM

2 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

I don't think Lavar and the Ravens are stoppable . We'll just have to outscore them .

Yes, they are.

You just have to Blitz them, like crazy.

It's Lamar's few weakness. He doesn't handle the blitz, nearly as good as JD.

The numbers I've seen, back that up.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

Yes, they are.

You just have to Blitz them, like crazy.

It's Lamar's few weakness. He doesn't handle the blitz, nearly as good as JD.

The numbers I've seen, back that up.

Just last week, Lamar:

Jackson was 14-of-20 for 183 yards and two touchdowns against the blitz, good for a 131.9 passer rating. Against Cover-0 specifically, he was 5-of-8 for 50 yards and two touchdowns, per Next Gen Stats.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Just last week, Lamar:

What I saw, was from all 5 games together.

When he does make mistakes? Which isn't very often.

Is when there is pressure on him, while keeping him in the pocket.

He doesn't process as quickly, as he normally would, or on the run.

They haen't been stopped yet . They out yardaged the Chiefs and Raiders in the two losses.. Lamar had good games in both . D Henry 6 per carry and 6 TDs.. They are a freight train--coming down a mountain,, with  load of coal to burn . Control the ball, maybe get a turnover. When did we ever block a kick BTW ? Jayden do his stuff. and maybe we can survive.. I'd just rush 4 and spy Luvu . mix in a corner blitz- Sainristil . 

• Like 2

First this will be a big test especially for the defense. For me the key to this game comes down to one thing, stopping D. Henry. I’m not sure how they do that, maybe playing 3 LB’s. If they don’t they will control the game and open things up for Lamar, which will not be a good thing. If they control their run game and limit Lamar’s break away runs they’ll have a chance to win. 
Nothing earth shattering but My 2 cents. 

3 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

They haen't been stopped yet . They out yardaged the Chiefs and Raiders in the two losses.. Lamar had good games in both . D Henry 6 per carry and 6 TDs.. They are a freight train--coming down a mountain,, with  load of coal to burn . Control the ball, maybe get a turnover. When did we ever block a kick BTW ? Jayden do his stuff. and maybe we can survive.. I'd just rush 4 and spy Luvu . mix in a corner blitz- Sainristil . 

That sounds like a good plan.

13 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

First this will be a big test especially for the defense. For me the key to this game comes down to one thing, stopping D. Henry. I’m not sure how they do that, maybe playing 3 LB’s. If they don’t they will control the game and open things up for Lamar, which will not be a good thing. If they control their run game and limit Lamar’s break away runs they’ll have a chance to win. 

The C’s have to pay attention to the position groupings the Ravens have out there. When they have Ricard (FB) with Andrews in there then the C’s should have Jamin in the game as the 3rd LB or walk up Chinn into the box & then have Butler or Forrest in the game at SS.

When the Ravens go 3 WRs w/ Justice Hill in there they need to make sure that Sainristil is in the game to cover Zay Flowers.

The Ravens are not only a talented offense but they have multiple offensive groupings to throw at defenses which is probably their greatest threat beyond Lamar. They are incredibly hard to defend.

I do agree with those saying we’ll have to outscore the Ravens to beat them and it will have to mostly be on Jayden’s arm bc the Ravens pass D is suspect while they have one of the best run defenses in the NFL.

This game is going to have to be won like the Bengals game IMO.

Edited by turtle28

4 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

I am with you.  My obvious key to this game is it is all about tackling.  Tackling Henry and tackling Jackson.

• Like 2

The Ravens defense are going to be turned up for this. The OL has to be prepared. These RB’s already know it’s gonna be a tough day but those two units have to protect the kid. I think Jayden can beat this team through the air and with his legs some. That said even though it’s gonna be a tough day rushing your gonna still have to impose it too them. I like that they rested BRob most the game last week. He’s the enforcer for our offense. So I hope he’s good and ready too go because we need his physicality.

Also I see this a real chance for Luke to break out. He’s there. Now Jayden has to trust him. Also Sinnott has been showing a few things. Especially in the blocking dept if really like to see him get a few short ones in some space. You’ve shown a bunch on tape. But we haven’t shown so much you can’t still catch them off with plays for Sinnott and Luke and the Browns

Edited by ripsean21
  • Like 1

Hey guys...

Any of you local guys listen to Kevin Sheehan & also the Sports Junkies in the morning.

I got the Audicy app & listen.

Anyways...Love Kevin Sheehan. He's easily my favorite one to listen, too.

Those sports Junkies....They're god awful.

I feel like I'm listening to 3-30 yr olds talking over each other all morning.

I was drinking my coffee.....smokin' a cig.....listen to the junkies....

Wife comes in the kitchen & gives me that look.

That look? ( Without words)

"Turn it down please, honey. Those guys are annoying as hell".

And I agree with her.

Are they always like that?

Some parts are cool.

HTTR theme song....

Good music....

Then they start talking......lol

All at once....

Am I just getting old? Lolol

But yes. Kevin Sheehan is the best. I listen to his podcast, too. Has great guests like Tommy, Jay Gruden & lots of people. Had on Doc Walker the other day.

But yeah, waking up early in the morning to HTTR theme & Metallica is cool.

Them talking over each other non-stop for what feels like forever...

Kinda sucks.

Anyways, just giving you guys an opinion from a Missourian here & new listener.

HTTR!

Much like others have said, I don't think our defense stops them much. Highly likely that it's a shootout like against Cincinnati. 

If we don't keep up, could get ugly. That being said, if Kliff leans on our run game, and we find success against their very good run defense, that would go a long way towards us being able to win. If we are forced to be one dimensional, I don't think we stand a chance.