Road to the Superbowl (Playoff Thread)

gopherwrestler

I hear some people saying the Falcons are going to upset the Rams ... I don't see it. Atlanta's done well to make it to the playoffs in their division, but I think the Rams are too good to go one-and-done.

Carolina just can't seem to handle New Orleans this year. I'm not really sure what's giving them so much trouble, but I won't believe they can stand up to the Saints on the road until I see it. They haven't managed that since 2015, and even then it was a 41-38 squeaker.

I think Atlanta's defense is sneaky good and doesn't seem to get much credit. How they do vs the rams to me comes down to the offense which has been inconsistent for the Falcons this year.

If their offense decides to show up the Rams defense can be had in the running game, control the clock keep the Rams explosive offense on the sidelines and wear down their front 7 with Devonte Freeman.

I think the Falcons can very well make this a good choice for an upset. But I will take the Rams consistency at home especially if Falcons Andy Levitre is unable to play.

Stealing a question from the VT roundtable...

If you can create your best-case scenario path to the Super Bowl, what would it be?

For example, one could say Saints-Falcons-Steelers so we get payback on our previous playoff losses.

I'm hoping the Falcons and the Panthers win the wildcard. The Rams and Saints are the scariest teams in my opinion, and I just don't see the Panthers as that strong of a team, so I'd love to get a rematch against them at home. Sadly, I don't see how the Panthers are going to be able to outmatch the Saints in New Orleans, and unless the Rams team is just too young to handle the pressure of the playoffs, I don't see them being beat by the Falcons.

A lot of people still seem to like the Saints and Rams so I say bring them both on again so we can dismiss any doubts about who is the best team in the NFC. Same for Super Bowl a victory over Brady and Bellicheck would be would quite the accomplishment.

12 hours ago, y*so*blu said:

I hear some people saying the Falcons are going to upset the Rams ... I don't see it. Atlanta's done well to make it to the playoffs in their division, but I think the Rams are too good to go one-and-done.

Carolina just can't seem to handle New Orleans this year. I'm not really sure what's giving them so much trouble, but I won't believe they can stand up to the Saints on the road until I see it. They haven't managed that since 2015, and even then it was a 41-38 squeaker.

I don't trust the Rams and Atlanta's defense is better than it's been advertised.  

7 minutes ago, SkolMasterMN said:

I think people are underrating the Falcons a lot. The Rams are clearly the favorite, but the Falcons have much more playoff experience, and still have the 8th best offense in the league. For me, I'm at a 50/50 on who will win that game

Much more, as in this past year?

Of course that is an advantage, but most of the guys on that team last year were in their first year with playoff experience and ended up in the Superbowl.

Just now, gopherwrestler said:

Much more, as in this past year?

Of course that is an advantage, but most of the guys on that team last year were in their first year with playoff experience and ended up in the Superbowl.

I mean you can clearly still have playoff success in your first time there, but it does help when you have that playoff experience. I just think it's a 50/50 game

10 hours ago, disaacs said:

I don't trust the Rams and Atlanta's defense is better than it's been advertised.  

The Rams have had placekicker issues since Greg Zuerlein went on IR with a back injury.

If the game is close and it comes down Sam Ficken making FGs, look out.

Archived