GDT: It's always Rayneing in Dallas (8-7) @ Homefield Advantage (13-2)

Blahstoise

24 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Just like to point out 808 is 2-0 making GDT but also 2 for 2 with placing players on IR. I blame his California Roots!

Wentz/ Walker

Let's hope BG's ankle isn't serious!!

yeah but this injury will be replaced by a top 15 draft talent. So it's an overall win. 

8 hours ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Moving on from Dez would be in the Cowboys best interests for sure. I don't think Jerry Jones makes that move though. We will see.

It's complicated no doubt. On the one hand, his fit here isn't as great as it used to be, and he is aging. We also save 8.5M by cutting him, and some extra if it's post June 1st yada yada. 

On the other hand, for all the talk about 22 regular season games without 100 yards, Dezs' stat line in the playoffs less than a year ago(12 targets\9 catches\132 yards\2 TDs) proves that he is still "a hell of a ball player."

But most importantly, who are you going to replace him with? He is still our leading WR for better or worse. Terrence Williams is not as good as Dez Bryant. He has failed multiple times in the past to fill his shoes during injury. Cole Beasley is not a # 1. Switzer is not a # 1.

OK so we have to go outside the current roster to replace him. Well if the goal is to save money then the crazy off season Free Agent market isn't the way to go. Then you end up paying a WR something close to Dez while carrying dead Dez contract too. 

It's easy to say on a website called footballs future to draft a replacement. Well that's putting a lot of eggs in one basket. And where is the Julio Jones in this draft? I don't even see a clear cut stud WR. I like Ridley, Washington for OSU, the st. James guy. But that's a lot to risk for a guy who may fall to you, may be good enough to play, and maybe maybe good enough to be a legit #1.

No, Dez does indeed have the leverage imo. He isn't going anywhere. I bet the team looks hard at some WR1 prospects in the draft though, and I can't see Dez playing for us in '19.

It's not about whether Dez is good enough to deserve his $12M salary, he doesn't have to take a pay cut or extension if he doesn't want to. So either he gets paid traded or cut.

He has all the leverage despite his numbers. It's just like FO intentionally underpaying players "Under Contract" until they have too. As a player, he shouldn't have to take less. That's the contract "they chose" to give!

1 minute ago, ninjapirate said:
2 hours ago, RBreezy said:

Losing Joe Walker might be a bigger loss then losing Wentz

No way we advance past the 2nd round now

ellerbe did look like crap against the raiders

Every LB not named Bradham/Kendricks has looked like Crap post Jordan Hicks injury!!

1 hour ago, ninjapirate said:

ellerbe did look like crap against the raiders

“I thought Dannell Ellerbe looked pretty good in the base defense playing downhill in the run game,” said NFL Films senior producer Greg Cosell on the Eagle Eye in the Sky podcast. “I thought that he was reactive. I thought his play recognition was good for a guy who hasn’t played.

“He’s an upgrade at the middle linebacker position in that 4-3. Not an upgrade from Jordan Hicks because he’s obviously out for the year but an upgrade from who’d been playing.”

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/article-1/Dannell-Ellerbe-Is-An-Upgrade-At-The-Middle-Linebacker-Position/ef2176b4-2378-4af4-8df2-65736a077006

I didn't think he looked bad. I had forgot he was even on the team. And I'm watching the game with my girl and I had her Google him because he looked so unfamiliar. But there were plays where he popped for me and got my attention. 

Archived