2018 NFL Draft Thread: Jets clinch 6th overall pick

jetskid007

24 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

Starting to get the feel Josh Allen will be our pick via trade up if we don’t get Kirk

My god dont you say that! Selecting him at 6 is certainly one thing, trading up for him is just criminal. One half of the senior bowl after two bad drives and now hes super star. Trading up for him is such a mistake. 

40 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

Starting to get the feel Josh Allen will be our pick via trade up if we don’t get Kirk

I think we are all getting this feeling. Just most of us are trying not to say it so that we don't jinx it. The more we talk about us trading up for him the likelier we are to do it. 

I think QBs will go 1-2-3 this draft, and I think Macc will be a lot higher on him than Jets fans want to accept. Might have him as his top rated QB even if that shouldn’t be the case. We’re a long ways away, but that’s just the feel I get. 

11 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

I think QBs will go 1-2-3 this draft, and I think Macc will be a lot higher on him than Jets fans want to accept. Might have him as his top rated QB even if that shouldn’t be the case. We’re a long ways away, but that’s just the feel I get. 

Come on Cousins or Bridgewater 

1 minute ago, jetskid007 said:

Unfortunately, that is why Maccagnan was hired.  When he was hired, he had to overpay a several certain veterans to fill out Jets' cap floor. Once the cap floor was reset, Maccagnan began to build the team his way.  His first draft class of Jets meant nothing since Jets were veteran team as that may explain why Maccagnan cleaned up scouting department right after the 2015 draft.  A lot of 16 and 17 draftees have started or involved games.

And that is why I have no high hope for Jets coveting top free agents and completing the deals with them. A bunch of medium talent level players with a couple of exciting names are a logical plan for Jets.

24 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

Don't think Bridgewater stops us from taking a QB.

I do. Bc I think if we signed him to a contract we obviously think his health isn’t an issue and then he’s absolutely a long term answer for us that can develop. While it might not stop us from taking a QB, I think it stops us from taking a QB at 6.

11 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I do. Bc I think if we signed him to a contract we obviously think his health isn’t an issue and then he’s absolutely a long term answer for us that can develop. While it might not stop us from taking a QB, I think it stops us from taking a QB at 6.

I don't because it's been 2 years since he's seen real action and he didn't look too impressive at the time either. Not saying that he wasn't a good QB by any stretch but he wasn't someone who'd stop me from adding another QB into the mix.

1 minute ago, GangGreen420 said:

I seriously don’t get the love for Bridgewater. He was incredibly mediocre before that injury and now people want him as a long term answer at QB? Man.

Nah definitely not a long term answer, just competition if we end up with a rook. I dont disagree, but he probably has something he wants to prove and wouldn't be expensive. Not one of the top choices though. 

7 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Nah definitely not a long term answer, just competition if we end up with a rook. I dont disagree, but he probably has something he wants to prove and wouldn't be expensive. Not one of the top choices though. 

I’d be okay with that. But I’m not passing on a QB early because we signed Teddy. That’d be awful management 

Archived