Week 17 GDT(Win and In Edition): Jaguars(10-5) vs Titans(8-7)

TitanSlim

Top 5 Grades:

LB Avery Williamson, 89.2 overall grade

CB Adoree’ Jackson, 88.2 overall grade

DI Jurrell Casey, 84.7 overall grade

S Kevin Byard, 84.0 overall grade

T Taylor Lewan, 83.7 overall grade

Performances of note:

Taylor Lewan83.7 overall grade

On a rough day overall for the Tennessee offense, Lewan was the one shining star of the group. Lewan was solid run blocking for Derrick Henry, with an 81.3 run-blocking grade, but he was best in pass protection, where he did not allow a pressure in 27 snaps and finished with an 83.4 pass-blocking grade.

WR Eric Decker, 38.7 overall grade

Decker was a big part of the Titans offense failing to get much going as he had three drops, two of which that would have gone for big gains. Decker was targeted six times and caught three passes for only 18 yards. Mariota had a passer rating of just 56.3 when targeting Decker. If the Titans are going to make any noise in the playoffs, then they are going to have to get more out of their play-makers on the outside.

CB Adoree’ Jackson88.2 overall grade

Jackson was stingy in coverage, allowing just two catches on six targets into his coverage for a total of 16 yards; his most impressive play on the night was a beautiful strip towards the end of the first half on fellow rookie Keelan Cole that allowed the Titans to tack on three more points before time expired. Jackson has been a bit overshadowed by the play of other rookie cornerbacks this year but he currently sits 29th among all cornerbacks with an 83.6 overall grade, with arguably his best performance of the season helping his team get into the playoffs.

LB Avery Williamson89.2 overall grade

The Jaguars struggled to move the ball on the ground in Week 17 and Williamson may have been the biggest reason why. The Titans linebacker posted an elite 91.2 grade in run defense and his six run stops (a stop is a solo tackle that constitutes as a ‘win’ for the defense) are tied for the most among linebackers this week. Williamson has been one of the best linebackers against the run all season, his 90.3 run-defense grade currently ranks sixth among all linebackers.

JacksonGameballW17.jpg

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-refocused-tennessee-titans-15-jacksonville-jaguars-10

3 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Definitely much better than last year but with this cupcake schedule and the talent on this team, we should’ve had more wins.

We absolutely should have. In the end, we did enough to give ourselves a shot. It's been 3,273 days since our last playoff game. I'm going to savor every single moment of this week and worry about the future whenever the season ends.

I followed a lot of the game from the Celtics game I got to see the Henry TD live but a lot of the other stuff I had to read because the WiFi sucked at TD Garden. 

I thought Marcus played bad by reading the numbers but after the Cs game I put on the post game and it sounded like he didn’t get much help from anyone especially Decker

Marcus finally using his legs was huge and will be huge if he can continue to put fear in the defenses heads that he might take off

Im glad we made the playoffs I wish we were playing the Jags again but Titans are more than capable of beating KC but they still need a lot of work but let’s enjoy this for a night and get ready for KC

Just now, Titans fan 617 said:

I thought Marcus played bad by reading the numbers but after the Cs game I put on the post game and it sounded like he didn’t get much help from anyone especially Decker

Marcus was good enough today. Decker, by himself, probably cost him 75 yards and killed two drives that would have been across midfield. He wasn't spectacular, but he came up huge with two runs on the last drive.

4 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Marcus was good enough today. Decker, by himself, probably cost him 75 yards and killed two drives that would have been across midfield. He wasn't spectacular, but he came up huge with two runs on the last drive.

That’s good I just thought it was bad Marcus just by the numbers on paper but Woodyard Casey and Rak were saying Marcus had a different look in his eyes today and Rak and Wood said they told him to use his legs if it’s there so glad to see the numbers really don’t tell the whole story 

2 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

That’s good I just thought it was bad Marcus just by the numbers on paper but Woodyard Casey and Rak were saying Marcus had a different look in his eyes today and Rak and Wood said they told him to use his legs if it’s there so glad to see the numbers really don’t tell the whole story 

He had some extra grit to him in that final drive. Wasn't sliding down on his runs, juking and stiff arming everyone. Was a great sight to see.

Archived