FA Thread 2018

barnaby8787

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/03/16/kirk-cousins-minnesota-vikings-free-agent-contract

Since the Smith trade, Cousins had spent a lot of time on Google researching his potential future teams. (“You can learn a lot just by typing peoples’ names into your search engine and researching their backgrounds and the roster and the records,” he notes.)”

I specifically remember someone on this board talking about how Cousins’ could just google the Jets roster and do his own research. This killed me. 

Edited by BlaZeN37
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

When playing under Bowles and used correctly he was arguably the best defensive player those years. It’s not like he’s 30 and we are talking 5 years ago. We are talking about a 25yr old guy here. I by all means am not saying give him a blank check. But certainly money shouldn’t be the issue here. 1. We have money 2. Skrine would get cut, creating 6mill in cap. So say he wants 10mill, he’s really only costing us 4mill. And the oppurtunity to sign a 25yr old multi all pro doesn’t happen often. We should be all over this. That being said. I doubt we sign him. I feel we would have already.  

He was really good.  I still think he is good, if not really good.  But saying he was the best defensive player those years is just not realistic.  JJ Watt walked the earth still in 2015, and wasn't hurt like he has been lately.  JJ Watt alive and well and not injured equals the best player in football at any position.

7 minutes ago, rampantjet said:

He was really good.  I still think he is good, if not really good.  But saying he was the best defensive player those years is just not realistic.  JJ Watt walked the earth still in 2015, and wasn't hurt like he has been lately.  JJ Watt alive and well and not injured equals the best player in football at any position.

Hence why I said "arguably" the best defensive player those years.

3 minutes ago, Bianconero said:

I'm pissed again

Not happy about this either bc I feel this wasn't a money or whatever issue. I think Macc didn't even try and get him. Like Skrine is some valuable piece or something. I think if we had an offer even less than what Houston has agreed with him he would have came here. Poor move by Macc. Skrine is garbage.

• Like 1

He probably just want to play safety and didn't see much of that happening with Adams and Maye. Plus he's close to home. 

We're Probably going to wait until after the draft to sign someone big now unless another big cut happens. Jets aren't really attached to anyone on the market right now.