FA Thread 2018

barnaby8787

1 hour ago, Bianconero said:

So McCown was basically only brought back to sit in the QB room and mentor this QB, clearly

Let's see what Bridgewater has

I can't stand why people are so annoyed with this move? I guarantee you the jets are going to have more than that $10MM left over in cap space this year. If having him in the locker room grooming our guy is what he will do then so be it. 

28 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

For 10mill. Who’s the joke on now.

Mac has to have known he was going make that trade so why would he sign McCown, for 10 million. That is insane to give out that kind of money if he know McCown would be holding a clip board all year and will be forty later this year. The only thing I give credit to Mac for is when he brought in Decker & Marshall in his first year and that make us a playoff contender, since then he  has done very little, his drafting had been horrible. Sure he drafted Adams & Williams at 6 but any moron would have drafted them, both those players who dropped in our laps. If Bridgewater is healthy he better not play Mc Cown, over him, I don't care what his brain dead coach says. This trade has had to be in the works for a while, he did not get up this morning and say I think I will make a trade today.

Edited by doumeyer

7 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

just throwing this out there... would you trade Leonard Williams to Raiders for 10th pick?

No he is to good a run stopper, no team runs around the left side of our D line. Yes he has been a disappointment as a pass rusher. If we did trade him now we would look like Idiots, we all ready traded all our other first picks on the D line. 

Edited by doumeyer

There is a really good site where you can check minute by minute FA's. they tell you who were all the FA's  are for 2018, they show you a list of FA players what team they are going to, and what team was the team they came from how much they sign for, and a list of players who have not sign yet.

It is called FREE AGENT TRACKER ON SPOTRAC

2 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

There is a really good site where you can check minute by minute FA's. they tell you who were all the FA's  are for 2018, they show you a list of FA players what team they are going to, and what team was the team they came from how much they sign for, and a list of players who have not sign yet.

It is called FREE AGENT TRACKER ON SPOTRAC

Too bad, they coudn't get full details on contract. Maybe in April, we get better picture of contractual structure for each expensive signing.

4 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Hankins will be 26 years old.  one year younger than Mike Pennel who will turn 27 in May.  Damn.

Pennel could play NT and Hankins DE, that's what he played for the colts and graded out highly on PFF.