FA Thread 2018

barnaby8787

8 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

It's mostly because of upside and the fact that he will likely only get a 1 year deal. Both are going to get 1 year deal. That's unless McCown retires. So, might as well go with the higher upside guy. 

I don't think anyone just wants Teddy. It's Teddy and a top rookie vs. McCown and a top rookie.

McCown's years of experience would be more valuable than someone that would potentially steal reps from our rookie selection.   

Me personally, I believe that Bridgewater could be Pennington part two with a slightly stronger arm. It's obvious that the Jets always want to have a great defense, so them going after a game manager who can also win you a game makes sense. Considering the cost and the upside he potentially offers, it would make sense to go after him if we're out of the Cousins sweepstakes. He might want a prove it deal, which would be fine with me.

1 minute ago, Akomplice said:

Me personally, I believe that Bridgewater could be Pennington part two with a slightly stronger arm. It's obvious that the Jets always want to have a great defense, so them going after a game manager who can also win you a game makes sense. Considering the cost and the upside he potentially offers, it would make sense to go after him if we're out of the Cousins sweepstakes. He might want a prove it deal, which would be fine with me.

I have no problem signing Teddy, but only if we still draft a QB high.  No team goes after a game manager, that just means that they that team couldn't find a real franchise QB, and decided a game manager was good enough.  I am pretty sick of good enough.

4 minutes ago, rampantjet said:

I have no problem signing Teddy, but only if we still draft a QB high.  No team goes after a game manager, that just means that they that team couldn't find a real franchise QB, and decided a game manager was good enough.  I am pretty sick of good enough.

It's the same game we been playing all along.

Sign Cousins, that problem is solved. I don't want Cousins, he'll be overpaid. Lets just draft a QB at 6. Jets can't develop QB's. Bowles don't have time for a rookie QB. Bates is the QB whisperer. It's the same song and dance, everyone just picks a camp in sit in.

10 hours ago, Dashing202 said:

Go on our forum under " Wilkerson got released " and tell the redskins fans that .

they think he's god

He was a stud. Absolutely killed it. Then he got paid and became a fat and lazy, basically like Albert Haynesworth. Would of thought you guys would learn your lesson ?

To be honest though on a incentive heavy contract he could wind up absolutely dominating again. Which is the kick in the teeth for us Jet fans! 

8 hours ago, xenajets said:

He was a stud. Absolutely killed it. Then he got paid and became a fat and lazy, basically like Albert Haynesworth. Would of thought you guys would learn your lesson ?

To be honest though on a incentive heavy contract he could wind up absolutely dominating again. Which is the kick in the teeth for us Jet fans! 

Not really. He was never going to do it here. Wasn't a leader, and a burden to the cap. Guy is the opposite of what we want in that locker room. He was part of the problem, which is why bringing sheldon back is risky. 

22 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Not really. He was never going to do it here. Wasn't a leader, and a burden to the cap. Guy is the opposite of what we want in that locker room. He was part of the problem, which is why bringing sheldon back is risky. 

Not really what? 

Mo was a great player for us. There’s no getting around that. Absolute bailed on us no question but when he was on form he was a brilliant player.

6 minutes ago, xenajets said:

Not really what? 

Mo was a great player for us. There’s no getting around that. Absolute bailed on us no question but when he was on form he was a brilliant player.

It wont be a kick in the teeth if he finds it elsewhere. He wasnt doing it here and certainly nowhere close to 17 per. He has 2 seasons that absolutely stood out and has been lazy and leaderless since. No more paying 5-tech DEs that type of money. Leo wont touch that contract. 

15 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

It wont be a kick in the teeth if he finds it elsewhere. He wasnt doing it here and certainly nowhere close to 17 per. He has 2 seasons that absolutely stood out and has been lazy and leaderless since. No more paying 5-tech DEs that type of money. Leo wont touch that contract. 

At 28 he should be hitting his prime and be a defensive leader. Instead he’s been cut like the bum he became since getting paid. It will feel like a kick in the teeth if he turns it around with some other team. 

I'd be interested in a trio of Patriots on the free agent market: RB Dion Lewis, CB Malcolm Butler and OLB James Harrison. 

Lewis would be a guy we could feature and takes some pressure off drafting Michel, Guice, Jones, et al. This would give us Lewis, Powell and McGuire as our RB stable.  

Butler could be a nice LCB for us, and bookend him with Claiborne if we can re-sign him. That would take the pressure off taking a CB higher than we want in the draft.

Harrison would be a guy we bring in to help mentor the edge rusher we hopefully draft. I think he still wants to play.